• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

If we got Selanne..

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/02/red_wings_sure_to_keep_an_eye.html

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Selanne-Zetterberg-Filppula

Miller-Helm-Cleary

Holmstrom-Abdelkader-Eaves/Mursak/Emmerton

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Commodore/Smith

Howard

MacDonald

Boy those lines look sick!!! (assuming Hudler and Kindl are moved for Selanne here)

Selanne playing across from his buddy Val with Hank in the middle of that second line. Man oh man that could be sick. Teemu's going to be so amped for the playoffs too man.

No if we got Selanne then it provides us with the ability to finally play Pavs and Hank together every single game. I think the lines would and should be:

Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Bertuzzi (Hank is energized now and Pavel has been good most the season, and Bert has worked real well with Pavs)

Selanne- Filpulla- Franzen (Fil and Selanne would be great together and Franzen would add to the line... this would be the best 2nd line in the NHL)

Cleary- Helm- Hudler

Mursak- Abdelkator- Miller

Lidstrom- White

Kronners- Stu

Ericsson- Commie

- I don't think it would cost as much as ppl think for Selanne because everyone knows he is going to retire after this season and if he goes to the Ducks to ask to be traded to the Wings, I dont think it will cost us too much.

- I think getting Selanne will win us the Cup.

Hasn't Selanne gone on record saying he hates the Wings?

He's made comments about the reffing when the Wings play at home.

But Chelios also went on record saying he'd never play for the Wings.

Selanne would be a great pickup at the deadline, but seems like a tremendous longshot.

He's made comments about the reffing when the Wings play at home.

But Chelios also went on record saying he'd never play for the Wings.

Selanne would be a great pickup at the deadline, but seems like a tremendous longshot.

Chelios didn't have a NTC when he was traded here, though.

Chelios didn't have a NTC when he was traded here, though.

Yes, but I recall him saying the Hawks asked him to give them a list of 5 teams he would like to play for and they would try to accommodate him. Lucky for us, Detroit was on that list, despite his words previous to that date.

Blue, I don't understand all the hate you get for making threads that include lines combo's. Isn't that an important part of hokcey, lines? I like reading them. I don't always agree with your combo's but that is the point right? With that being said, I am not so sure it would cost as much as Hudler and Kindl to acquire Selanne for a spring rental. Wings_Toledo is on the right track with Hudler always be offered up (I am guilty as charged) but really, unless some team REALLY wants Hudler badly, nobody that are sellers are going to ask for a pending UFA in return. BUT, they mayb take a lessor player and a higher level prospect for him, or maybe a couple of prospects. I am not sure. I would make one change to your lines though, I would swap Zetterberg and Datsyuk.

Filppula - Datsyuk - Selanne

Bertuzzi - Zetterberg - Franzen

I would also like to see what wings_fanatic suggested with re-teaming Zetterberg and Datsyuk, but I would keep Franzen on their wing, because if Franzen was on a line with Fil and Selanne they would get their assess pounded on a nightly basis with no one to protect them. Having Bertuzzi out there would at least make other teams look behind their heads before taking liberties. Of course that would leave Dats and Z open for abuse then, because Franzen isn't gonna drop anyone short of punching someone after the whistle or game expires...

Yes, but I recall him saying the Hawks asked him to give them a list of 5 teams he would like to play for and they would try to accommodate him. Lucky for us, Detroit was on that list, despite his words previous to that date.

Blue, I don't understand all the hate you get for making threads that include lines combo's. Isn't that an important part of hokcey, lines? I like reading them. I don't always agree with your combo's but that is the point right? With that being said, I am not so sure it would cost as much as Hudler and Kindl to acquire Selanne for a spring rental. Wings_Toledo is on the right track with Hudler always be offered up (I am guilty as charged) but really, unless some team REALLY wants Hudler badly, nobody that are sellers are going to ask for a pending UFA in return. BUT, they mayb take a lessor player and a higher level prospect for him, or maybe a couple of prospects. I am not sure. I would make one change to your lines though, I would swap Zetterberg and Datsyuk.

Filppula - Datsyuk - Selanne

Bertuzzi - Zetterberg - Franzen

I would also like to see what wings_fanatic suggested with re-teaming Zetterberg and Datsyuk, but I would keep Franzen on their wing, because if Franzen was on a line with Fil and Selanne they would get their assess pounded on a nightly basis with no one to protect them. Having Bertuzzi out there would at least make other teams look behind their heads before taking liberties. Of course that would leave Dats and Z open for abuse then, because Franzen isn't gonna drop anyone short of punching someone after the whistle or game expires...

Agreed. I'm not totally positive but I thought Chelios requested (some say demanded) the trade once it became clear to him that Wirtz was intent on running the franchise into the ground.

I don't really get the negging either. Don't like it? don't read his threads.

Yes, but I recall him saying the Hawks asked him to give them a list of 5 teams he would like to play for and they would try to accommodate him. Lucky for us, Detroit was on that list, despite his words previous to that.

Just pointing out a difference and why the two situations ate completely different.

Just pointing out a difference and why the two situations ate completely different.

Having a list of 5 teams you're willing to be traded to as one of the stars of the franchise is pretty much a NMC.

My main point was never say never. Selanne has never said anything nearly as dramatic as Cheli did about the Wings, and the rivalry isn't nearly as heated. Plus his comments lately have been pretty measured.

Like I said, it seems like an extreme longshot, but who knows.

And this is one of the cases where offering Kindl and Hudler makes some sense. They'd pick up some of the goalscoring winger they'd lose in Teemu, and I'm pretty sure the Ducks are still in need of help on their blueline.

Guest Crymson

Yet again someone makes a trade thread with the belief that other teams will want our spare parts. Why Anaheim or any other team would trade a quality piece for Hudler and Kindl is beyond me. Hudler is a small, one-dimensional, streaky forward on the last year of his contract. Kindl is a third-pairing defenseman who has shown little improvement over the past two seasons. Those who come up with these trade ideas often try to exaggerate the good aspects of the two of them, but the funny reality is that the reasons that they want to get rid of Kindl and Hudler are the same reasons why other teams really won't be interested in the two of them as key parts of a trade.

And this is one of the cases where offering Kindl and Hudler makes some sense. They'd pick up some of the goalscoring winger they'd lose in Teemu, and I'm pretty sure the Ducks are still in need of help on their blueline.

They'd pick up a Hudler who could easily run to another team--or even back to Detroit--in the offseason, and who in fact once bolted to another league for an offer of more money. They'd receive a Kindl who has shown little of the potential he was once touted for, and is, in the NHL, a small third-pairing defenseman; the Ducks could find somebody better in free agency.

The two of them only make sense for a salary dump trade.

Edited by Crymson

Yet again someone makes a trade thread with the belief that other teams will want our spare parts. Why Anaheim or any other team would trade a quality piece for Hudler and Kindl is beyond me. Hudler is a small, one-dimensional, streaky forward on the last year of his contract. Kindl is a third-pairing defenseman who has shown little improvement over the past two seasons. Those who come up with these trade ideas often try to exaggerate the good aspects of the two of them, but the funny reality is that the reasons that they want to get rid of Kindl and Hudler are the same reasons why other teams really won't be interested in the two of them as key parts of a trade.

They'd pick up a Hudler who could easily run to another team--or even back to Detroit--in the offseason, and who in fact once bolted to another league for an offer of more money. They'd receive a Kindl who has shown little of the potential he was once touted for, and is, in the NHL, a small third-pairing defenseman; the Ducks could find somebody better in free agency.

The two of them only make sense for a salary dump trade.

I keep thinking Hudler has another year on his contract and forgot he's a UFA, but you're right, it would essentially have to be a salary dump. That's why Anaheim would trade a quality piece and to do right by one of their franchise players. Which is why it isn't completely out of the question but keeps it in longshot territory.

Get Selanne on a team to make a Cup run and dump some salary. I can't see Holland giving up more valuable pieces of the roster for an absolute rental in Selanne, but who knows.

I agree with your assessment of Kindl minus the small part. He's 6'3" 213 lbs. He just plays smaller than he is.

EDIT: I guess when you combine Huds and Kindl it almost equals Selanne's salary. so not exactly a salary dump...

In general I agree with the assessment here, but go easy on Kindl. It's only the kid's first full season. I honestly don't care if they trade him or not because we've got Smith in the pipeline, but I think he'll improve. Hell, he had a real nice game the other night and even set up the Abdelkader goal with a really heads up play. I think he ended the night with two or three shots on goal. If he plays like that, with more confidence, he'll continue to improve. Again, don't think he'll be what we pry Selanne out of Anaheim with, but I do like his game and still think he deserves some development time on the third pair.

Guest Crymson

I keep thinking Hudler has another year on his contract and forgot he's a UFA, but you're right, it would essentially have to be a salary dump. That's why Anaheim would trade a quality piece and to do right by one of their franchise players. Which is why it isn't completely out of the question but keeps it in longshot territory.

I meant that it would only make sense for another team wanting to dump some salary. I don't think Anaheim is looking to do that, and definitely not with Selanne.

I agree with your assessment of Kindl minus the small part. He's 6'3" 213 lbs. He just plays smaller than he is.

Wow. I never knew. I always thought he was of more average size and weight.

Edited by Crymson

First off, I don't understand why Selanne wants to finish his career on a non-playoff team. Makes more sense to make one more Cup run and then retire.

Second of all, I don't know why we'd trade for a guy that will only be here half a season. Unlike an Iginla or Parise move, Selanne won't likely return next season, let alone play a few more years. We'd be trading assets for little in return.

I would never give up Hudler who is having a great year for a 41 year old guy on his last year most likely, if KH did this then he should be fired. All the Hudler haters need to face the fact that unless Happy goes crazy and demands 4-5 million a year then hes going to resign here unless hes packaged in a MAJOR trade at the deadline

I meant that it would only make sense for another team wanting to dump some salary. I don't think Anaheim is looking to do that, and definitely not with Selanne.

Wow. I never knew. I always thought he was of more average size and weight.

yeah, I was thinking maybe the deal would still be a salary dump with the Wings, til I did the math and realized Hudler and Kindl are about the same salary. :P

It is pretty surprising about Kindl. I was hoping he and Ericsson would bring some much needed size and toughness to the blueline. It hasn't really worked out like I hoped. Kindl could still stand to put on 5 to 10 lbs. ideally 5 lbs of muscle and 5 lbs of hate.

Kindl being that big is almost as surprising as when I found out Beauchemin is only 6' tall and 205 lbs. He plays so much bigger.

i bet they would take stuart for selanne. but i rather have stuart

Hmm... and Stuart wants to go west...

I wouldn't be in favour of that as we need Stu on the blue line for the playoffs unless we were to trade him for a good d-man. I will miss that guy for what he does for this team even though he's not one of the big splashy guys who gets all the interviews and puts up the big points. He does what he does and he does it well.

If we can get Selanne for a reasonable trade, I'd like it. The guy is driven and doesn't play like his age should dictate.

Why are people suggesting that trading for Selanne if he's only going to be here for the playoffs isn't worth it? It's always worth it if you win the Stanley Cup. Do you think Boston really regrets trading for Kaberle? Of course not.

Selanne is an elite forward that would help this team win the Cup.

Selanne would put us over the top and make winning a cup that much easier.

Homer, Lids, Selanne and maybe Bert would retire happy men.

I don't understand why anyone WOULDN'T want Selanne on this team..he's a phenomenal player and he and FIl have a great relationship (really close friends).

We could trade a 1st and a good prospect for him and win the cup...

Really, a trade for Selanne would be awesome.

Edited by DatsyukianDangles122