• Please log in to reply
592 replies to this topic

#561 scottishredwing

scottishredwing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

20!!!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image What an achievement. Not many teams will do that. Cant wait till tuesday and hopefully win #21.

#562 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

so happy 20!!!!!

GO WINGS!!!!

#563 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:12 PM

How was Zetterberg not even on the three stars list? 3 points and drew the penalty that lead to the Datsyuk goal.

bringit.jpg

#564 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:12 PM

Good GWG Clutch! Keep it up, make me a believer!

BTW, had tix in my hand for Tuesdays game in the beginning of January...had to sell them though...damn, would've been nice to be there to see the new record set...

I do like the idea of Wings being able to add $17M in cap hit at the deadline...oh the damage that could be done!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#565 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

On that final penalty that the Flyers took did anyone else see if Mule maybe got injured. The way he went down was awkward. I know he finished the game but I hope he is fine.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#566 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:18 PM

In this day and age, it's impressive for any team to win 20 in a row at home. And we have a chance to add to it.

However, I think it's fair to point out that the '76 Flyers played before there were overtimes, let alone shootouts. They won 20 in a row at home in "regulation". Of course I'll get negged for this post, but I like hockey history and think it's important to point that out. Same thing with Brodeur breaking Parent's wins in a season record. The shootout has put a different spin on records.

Lastly, I've never been a big believer in needing home ice, but this year it might be more important than ever before. The Wings are unbeatable at home but very average on the road. They need to keep rolling and secure first in the West.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#567 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:20 PM

In this day and age, it's impressive for any team to win 20 in a row at home. And we have a chance to add to it.

However, I think it's fair to point out that the '76 Flyers played before there were overtimes, let alone shootouts. They won 20 in a row at home in "regulation". Of course I'll get negged for this post, but I like hockey history and think it's important to point that out. Same thing with Brodeur breaking Parent's wins in a season record. The shootout has put a different spin on records.

Lastly, I've never been a big believer in needing home ice, but this year it might be more important than ever before. The Wings are unbeatable at home but very average on the road. They need to keep rolling and secure first in the West.

True. Some points in favor of this era, however, is not only the parity within the system but the speed of the game.

#568 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

I agree that Hank should have been one of the stars ... he was simply outstanding tonight! Boy that all star break really energized him and he looks wonderful out there. Nick, Pavs and Hank should have been the stars.

I am thrilled with the win, but I still think they can be way better offensively and get more shots on net. Nonetheless what an honor it is for us to be able to cheer for this wonderfully skilled team. I am so proud to be a Red Wings fan.

On a side note, what a game by Nick tonight. He completely shut down the Flyers every single shift... he was breaking up rushes, stick always in the right place, shooting and that beauty touch pass to Franzen. IMO this game showed again why he is STILL the best Dman in the league. Gotta love Nick- - my favorite player ever!

Now... Tuesday.

#569 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

agree, besides for the goal that was his fault, he's been doin good lately

You could argue that Schenn's second goal is mostly his fault too.

#570 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

:colorbounce::carrot::w00t2:

Those Wings sure make us look good, eh?

GREAT game. The coronary was worth it!!

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#571 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

Great game, I thought everyone was good except for JMac, I blamed him for two of those goals.

He did still give us a chance to win though, and that's really all you can ask from a backup goalie.

I hope we can win Tuesday and keep the streak alive for when Jimmy gets back on Thursday against the Preds.

LGW!
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#572 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

I cringe whenever MacDonald handles the puck, but the guy is 1000x faster than Conks.while getting to one-timers. Quick pads too.

Edited by irishock, 12 February 2012 - 10:28 PM.

bringit.jpg

#573 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

#20!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#574 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

Not bad we made one of the top stories on ESPN.com... It's always a shocker when its a NHL story that doesn't relate to crosby

#575 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

Franzen getting the clutch GWG...he needs to have his locker taped up more often.

http://www.nhl.com/i...ost.htm?id=6373

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#576 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,620 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

Wonder where Lilja was tonight :lol:

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#577 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

I will be at the game on Tuesday night...we have friends coming in from Florida to watch it with us. To think we could be watching history...sends chills down my spine.
Posted Image

#578 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 771 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

# 20 !!! And what agame !
Let's go for the record !

#579 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

Wonder where Lilja was tonight :lol:

He got scratched but he was scheduled for a duel with Chuck Norris. The winner would move on to face Nick Lidstrom.
  • Nev likes this

#580 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

AWESOME AND FEAT! What a game!! cant wait for tuesday!