• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Red Wings Addict

The New York Rangers

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

I don't think they'd beat Boston if they meet in a playoff series though. Hypothetically speaking if we were in the SCF, I'd much rather face NY than Boston though.

And the Rangers could be in trouble if Florida wins the SE title and Washington drops to 8th.

Guest Crymson

I'm just getting excited that each year it seems the Original 6 teams get closer to a Cup final. With Detroit, Chicago, Boston, and the Rangers in the mix, here's hoping two can make it to the finals!

If you hadn't noticed, Chicago has lost eight straight.

I wouldn't call them out of the "mix" though.. having a lot of goalie woes if that gets addressed this month they are right back in it.

every trade deadline report I read says there are no decent goalies on the market this time, so unless Blackhawks dig deep into

the prospects pool or draft picks or decent regulars, this isn't really happening. Crawford is brutal and this isn't really a big surprise.

this is a very big "if" about Blackhawks improving their goaltending. every GM in this league knows they badly need a decent G,

asking prices will really start high...

I'm picking the Rangers to come out of the East. IMHO Lundqvist can out play Thomas, Gaborik can be a game changer, and if Callahan can continue his play then I think the Rangers can pull it out.

The Bruins have played the most hockey out of any team in the East the past year too, so putting them against a very hungry Rangers team, especially the later the playoffs go, gives the edge to the Rangers.

I don't think they'd beat Boston if they meet in a playoff series though. Hypothetically speaking if we were in the SCF, I'd much rather face NY than Boston though.

And the Rangers could be in trouble if Florida wins the SE title and Washington drops to 8th.

If Washington finishes in 8th, it's be a move up, not a drop....they currently sit in 9th.

If Washington finishes in 8th, it's be a move up, not a drop....they currently sit in 9th.

Florida and Washington seriously flip flop every night of the week. That division is so weak right now that you either lead it and sit in 3rd or don't and are out of the playoffs entirely.

I think this team is starting to finally come in to fruition. They are starting to gel, and I actually think this team is kind of like a Detroit modeled team. They have there solid top 6 which each have their respectable roles and they there bottom 6 who I think are one of the better bottom 6 in the league. Also have some higher ranked prospects that are available for call up. Then of course there is King Henrik who is one of the best goalies in the league. They have a decent defensive corpse as well. I think they will make it to the 2nd or 3rd round. They are on the right path they just need a year or two more of experience.

It's been forever since the Rangers were a playoff threat. Then again, it's been forever since they finished first in the East.

In the past, they couldn't score enough goals to win in the playoffs. And Lundqvist has never stolen a playoff series, in this era where goalies do it constantly.

I think they're certainly Cup contenders, but Boston and a healthy Pittsburgh are both better than the Rangers right now.

The whole team is playing great right now. Torts has them all on the same page.

Idk Dubinsky is having a pretty awful season....it doesnt seem to matter thou the rest of the team is on fire. I loved Callahan last year, that dude works HARD every night. And hes only gotten better this year. Gaborik is playing like he wants a cup, Del Zotto has def stepped it up, Hagelin is awesome (GO BLUE), and Girardi is the most underrated D-man in the league.....Staals been better but i give him the benefit of the doubt with the injury and what not. Lovin orig 6 domination.

If we don't make it to the SCF and the Rangers do, I'm totally rooting for them. I didn't use to like them, but I like this new crop of guys they've got. Lots of hard work and heart...I like that combo. I do believe I'll be watching the Rangers-Bruins game Sunday, too - I really hope these two teams are in the ECF!

If we don't make it to the SCF and the Rangers do, I'm totally rooting for them. I didn't use to like them, but I like this new crop of guys they've got. Lots of hard work and heart...I like that combo. I do believe I'll be watching the Rangers-Bruins game Sunday, too - I really hope these two teams are in the ECF!

I really like what Sather has put together. Work ethic is there. Offensive firepower is there. Goaltending is there. Secondary scoring is there. Grit is there. Acquiring John Scott tells me Michael Sauer will be out for the remainder of the year, after getting smoked by Phaneuf earlier this season. I'd love to see Boston and the Rangers meet up in the playoffs.