• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:12 PM

Anyone hear about this invasion ... It's for the Hawks Wings tilt in April. This weekend they are in Ottawa vs Edmonton and in March in Boston.

http://www.nordiquesnation.com/

http://sports.yahoo....-161511641.html

Edited by wingfan1991, 12 February 2012 - 11:13 PM.

#2 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:18 PM

Good for them. I didn't want a Quebec team... but with the stupid uneven divisions, I want two expansion teams to make things fair. Plus two more teams might make the skill level go down and might make the goons come back.

Add two teams to wherever they can support a team.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#3 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,523 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

I caught the 3rd period of the Oilers/Sens game Saturday afternoon, and was pleasently surprised to see all the Nordique fans at the Corel Center in Ottawa...Forget Seattle - Quebec City is more than ready, and able to support the Yotes, and in a few more years they'll have a new arena.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#4 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:31 AM

It looks like they're just out there to watch some hockey and remind everyone that they would like a team. Not hurting anyone, not getting angry or demanding. Just some folks having good, clean fun. Nothing wrong with that.

#5 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,610 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:19 AM

They have good taste.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#6 wingsdiehard13

wingsdiehard13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:28 AM

It was an impressive showing Saturday in Ottawa. I was lost when they originally started making a bunch of noise (at the 15:15 mark IIRC) until the broadcast crew mentioned what was going on.

**Thanks Offsides**
**Thanks TeeMan**

#7 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

What is the relevance of 15:15?

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#8 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:26 PM

What is the relevance of 15:15?

I'm taking a guess here, but they moved out to Denver in 1995 and started launching a movement to get the team back in 2010 (the mayor and premier met to discuss a new arena and stuff) so it was 15 years without a team until they started trying to get one back.

Also, the new arena will be completed in 2015. So that's two "15" things that are relevant.

Like I said, it's a guess. Hopefully someone who knows for sure will enlighten us.

#9 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,610 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

... so it was 15 years without a team until they started trying to get one back.

After exhaustive searching, this is the correct answer.
With government investigations into the original estimate for the cost of a new arena, the inevitable cost overruns as well as corruption in the construction industry in the province of Quebec, it might be a stretch in thinking that a new arena could be built by 2015. Then again, with the winter they've had, a lot of their home games could be played outdoors.

#10 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

really? they have to come to our season finale when tickets are already going to be hard to get? what a joke.

start an online petition like ever other loser in the world that has a problem with something, dont get in the way of my hockey games.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#11 Valas19

Valas19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

Hey, maybe they will actually be there at the start of the game so the arena appears to be at least halfway full.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#12 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,523 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:51 AM

Little bump here...

Was browsing SportsK.com, and found these retro Nordique jerseys both plain, and with player names/numbers already sewn on.

I would love to see a renewed rivalry between the Nords, and the Habs.

#13 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:56 AM

really? they have to come to our season finale when tickets are already going to be hard to get? what a joke.

start an online petition like ever other loser in the world that has a problem with something, dont get in the way of my hockey games.

Original 6 match up to end the season, national television exposure, yeah I can see why they would want to attend it.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#14 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:52 AM

What their doing is pretty cool.........If it wasn't for the Nordiques.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#15 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,610 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

They spend money.

#16 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

Completely Agree
It is not a sprint, yet a marathon.

#17 Nordiques

Nordiques

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

Hey Detroit folks! We can't wait to be at the game on april 7th!! If things go as planned, there will be about 700 of us

#18 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

Hey Detroit folks! We can't wait to be at the game on april 7th!! If things go as planned, there will be about 700 of us

Should be interesting. I appreciate what you folks are doing, even if it is for the lowly Nordiques :D Good luck, spend money, and try not to distract too much from the two Original Six teams playing.

#19 Nordiques

Nordiques

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

Should be interesting. I appreciate what you folks are doing, even if it is for the lowly Nordiques :D Good luck, spend money, and try not to distract too much from the two Original Six teams playing.

I was there last year in New Jersey, last game against the Devils. There were 2000 of us and we had a blast and I think the fans did too. When we left, people were begging us to come back this year. We're doing this for the love of the game.

#20 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,523 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

Bienvenue!

J'espère que vous avez un très bon moment au jeu, et faire des tonnes de bruit ... Difficile de croire qu'un nouvel aréna sera en cours de construction de cette fin de l'été, et avec qui, il ya l'espoir de vos Nordiques du scrutin ainsi.

Edited by F.Michael, 28 March 2012 - 08:19 AM.