• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingfan1991

Nordiques Nation coming to the Joe

Rate this topic

Good for them. I didn't want a Quebec team... but with the stupid uneven divisions, I want two expansion teams to make things fair. Plus two more teams might make the skill level go down and might make the goons come back.

Add two teams to wherever they can support a team.

What is the relevance of 15:15?

I'm taking a guess here, but they moved out to Denver in 1995 and started launching a movement to get the team back in 2010 (the mayor and premier met to discuss a new arena and stuff) so it was 15 years without a team until they started trying to get one back.

Also, the new arena will be completed in 2015. So that's two "15" things that are relevant.

Like I said, it's a guess. Hopefully someone who knows for sure will enlighten us.

... so it was 15 years without a team until they started trying to get one back.

After exhaustive searching, this is the correct answer.

With government investigations into the original estimate for the cost of a new arena, the inevitable cost overruns as well as corruption in the construction industry in the province of Quebec, it might be a stretch in thinking that a new arena could be built by 2015. Then again, with the winter they've had, a lot of their home games could be played outdoors.

really? they have to come to our season finale when tickets are already going to be hard to get? what a joke.

start an online petition like ever other loser in the world that has a problem with something, dont get in the way of my hockey games.

really? they have to come to our season finale when tickets are already going to be hard to get? what a joke.

start an online petition like ever other loser in the world that has a problem with something, dont get in the way of my hockey games.

Original 6 match up to end the season, national television exposure, yeah I can see why they would want to attend it.

Completely Agree

Hey Detroit folks! We can't wait to be at the game on april 7th!! If things go as planned, there will be about 700 of us

Should be interesting. I appreciate what you folks are doing, even if it is for the lowly Nordiques :D Good luck, spend money, and try not to distract too much from the two Original Six teams playing.

Should be interesting. I appreciate what you folks are doing, even if it is for the lowly Nordiques :D Good luck, spend money, and try not to distract too much from the two Original Six teams playing.

I was there last year in New Jersey, last game against the Devils. There were 2000 of us and we had a blast and I think the fans did too. When we left, people were begging us to come back this year. We're doing this for the love of the game.

It's not like they're buying tickets and leaving right away. They want to watch a hockey game, and they never cause trouble. How exactly are they getting in the way of "your" hockey game? Last time I checked you didn't have to be a die-hard fan of a home team to go to their games. Liking hockey is enough.

i never said it was my hockey game, i said it was ours, the whole fan bases. the season finale against one of our biggest rivals should be a game for the people who are fans who have been spending money all season on tickets, not for people trying to get exposure.

when i wrote that post i didnt know much about the organization. i guess a quick assumption on my part was that these people (all 700 supposively) was that these people would be there armed with signs, wearing blue, and taking away from the fun for the rest of us.

and really what kind of exposure are they gonna get? a 10 second mention on tv? nobody cares about whether or not they have a team in detroit. like i said, start a petition, pre order tickets, and send it to bettman. we dont need this game overshadowed by this publicity stunt.

edit: after reading my original post i apologize for the typo i made in saying "my hockey game." im not that full of myself to think its truly my game or i am the only one that matters. just wanted to put out that fire before somebody jumps all over it.

Edited by Din758

i never said it was my hockey game, i said it was ours, the whole fan bases. the season finale against one of our biggest rivals should be a game for the people who are fans who have been spending money all season on tickets, not for people trying to get exposure.

when i wrote that post i didnt know much about the organization. i guess a quick assumption on my part was that these people (all 700 supposively) was that these people would be there armed with signs, wearing blue, and taking away from the fun for the rest of us.

and really what kind of exposure are they gonna get? a 10 second mention on tv? nobody cares about whether or not they have a team in detroit. like i said, start a petition, pre order tickets, and send it to bettman. we dont need this game overshadowed by this publicity stunt.

You should probably direct this complaint more to the corporate people who purchase tickets and then don't show up to the games. Those are wasted tickets that could have been used by people who want to enjoy watching a game in person. Complaining about an organized group of hockey fans traveling to watch a hockey game doesn't make much sense to me. If you want to see that finale so bad, buy your tickets ahead of time like the rest of us. I personally am impressed with the dedication that this group has. I'd be willing to bet that its very difficult and stressful to organize a group of 700 to travel across the boarder for a game.

ya the corporate people also piss me off also. if they wanna buy them and pass them out to those who arent able to afford, or are just learning the game thats cool. but ya the wasted seats do kill me.

i personally do have tickets for this game, but i was speaking more generally to the fans in the area. just think, 700 fans is nearly 2 whole sections worth of nordiques fans all of which will be wearing blue. why not pick a different game to do this?

edit: after reading my original post i apologize for the typo i made in saying "my hockey game." im not that full of myself to think its truly my game or i am the only one that matters. just wanted to put out that fire before somebody jumps all over it.

Not gonna lie, I kind of do care. I can vividly remember the Nordiques jerseys being one of my favorites growing up as a little kid. I didn't care much other then what I thought looked the best and I was sad to see them go. I for one would love to see Quebec get another franchise and if I was at that game with a bunch of Nordique fans, I would love to just talk hockey and see what they thought about Detroit and everything else. You would have to be really narrow minded to think a small group of hockey fans in general would take away from your game experience. It sure as hell will be better then seeing a bunch of Hawks fans that day.

i personally do have tickets for this game, but i was speaking more generally to the fans in the area. just think, 700 fans is nearly 2 whole sections worth of nordiques fans all of which will be wearing blue. why not pick a different game to do this?

Like what? A game where one of the teams is wearing blue?

I really don't get your point. Anyone has the right to go to any game they want. It's not like Red Wings' home games are reserved for Detroiters.