• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barrie

Canadian Wings fans!

Rate this topic

Hey, all of you Canadians Wings fans, join me in e-mailing TSN asking them to show Tuesday's possible record setting consecutive home win game on either TSN or TSN2. Here's their e-mail address: audiencerelations@tsn.ca

I know I can watch it online, but it's more comfortable watching games on TV.

Hey, all of you Canadians Wings fans, join me in e-mailing TSN asking them to show Tuesday's possible record setting consecutive home win game on either TSN or TSN2. Here's their e-mail address: audiencerelations@tsn.ca

I know I can watch it online, but it's more comfortable watching games on TV.

Can you believe they're showing Anaheim v Minnesota instead? Even if this wasn't potentially a record setting win it's still a way better game.

is this thread directed at me :yowza:

If you can get the Wings-Stars game on Tuesday night on TSN or TSN2, then sure, it's all you dude!

Can you believe they're showing Anaheim v Minnesota instead? Even if this wasn't potentially a record setting win it's still a way better game.

Maybe we can change that.

Guest irishock

TSN probably replies:

Sorry, passionate Wings fan. But on the same day, the player bigger than the game itself, AKA Sidney <3<3<3<3 Crosby is running a 30 minute special open practice where we will broadcast LIVE from Pittsburgh, with Darren Gregger, Bob Mckenzie and a special appearance by Eddie Olycyzk !

TSN probably replies:

Sorry, passionate Wings fan. But on the same day, the player bigger than the game itself, AKA Sidney <3<3<3<3 Crosby is running a 30 minute special open practice where we will broadcast LIVE from Pittsburgh, with Darren Gregger, Bob Mckenzie and a special appearance by Eddie Olycyzk !

(I'll add)

Also Gregger, McKenzie, and Olycyzk will give some insights on the upcoming trade deadline. We hope you tune in, you won't want to miss this special event!

I figured why not send an email :D

Hello,

I noticed that on Tuesday night TSN is showing Anaheim @ Minnesota on TSN2. Meanwhile, the Red Wings will host the Dallas Stars at the same time (7:30pm ET) looking to break an NHL record for straight wins at home. Even under normal circumstances I'd be confident in assuming a Dallas @ Detroit game would get more attention and ratings than Anaheim @ Minnesota, but with this record on the line and many media outlets writing about it it's basically a sure thing. Perhaps there is already talk internally about showing this game instead, and I realize the game was chosen because it is being shown on NBC Sports Network in the US and as a result might be more difficult to acquire the feed for the Wings' game instead, but if possible I believe it should be considered, and I'll certainly be watching if so.

Thanks for your time!

signed

EDIT: The out-of-office auto-reply

Thank you for contacting TSN, TSN2, ESPN Classic and NHL Network.

Due to a large volume of inquiries, we may not be able to respond to your message personally. However, all comments are read and forwarded to the appropriate departments on a daily basis from Monday to Friday (any inquiries received on weekends or holidays will be addressed on the following business day).

For more information regarding our programming, please visit TSN.ca. Daily and weekly broadcast schedules for TSN, TSN2, ESPN Classic and NHL Network are available using the following link: http://www.tsn.ca/broadcast/schedule/?channel=tsn

Regards,

TSN Audience Relations

Edited by T-Ruff

Personally, I think the streak is a little tainted....when comparing against past records anyway. It is an extremely impressive streak, no doubt. It is that much more crazy considering that they are only 15-15-1 on the road....why so much better at home...it's pretty strange for such a difference.

Anyway, it was much more difficult to put such a streak together pre-shootout. Of their 20 wins, 3 were via shootout. Those games would have likely ended in ties 10 years ago. Without shootouts, perhaps they play OT differently to go for the win, but to think they would have won all 3 in OT is a bit of a stretch.

Not to be a downer or anything, I just don't think it's the same when you are comparing against records. I guess you could say the same about scoring records too, but I think that's a little different.

Edit: I echo the sentiment...not sure what I'd do without NHL Centre Ice.

Edited by toby91_ca

Personally, I think the streak is a little tainted....when comparing against past records anyway. It is an extremely impressive streak, no doubt. It is that much more crazy considering that they are only 15-15-1 on the road....why so much better at home...it's pretty strange for such a difference.

Anyway, it was much more difficult to put such a streak together pre-shootout. Of their 20 wins, 3 were via shootout. Those games would have likely ended in ties 10 years ago. Without shootouts, perhaps they play OT differently to go for the win, but to think they would have won all 3 in OT is a bit of a stretch.

Not to be a downer or anything, I just don't think it's the same when you are comparing against records. I guess you could say the same about scoring records too, but I think that's a little different.

Edit: I echo the sentiment...not sure what I'd do without NHL Centre Ice.

I agree, and I was talking about that last night. In 2011-12 there's more opportunities to win with OT and the shootout. Still fun though.

Also I was thinking, if TSN thinks their such a big hockey network, they should send their own crew down there to do the game. It's a historic night!

Edit: Everyone went crazy when Crosby came back, NBC and CBC brought crews to cover his 1st comeback. I'm sure they'll be back for his 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.. NBC, TSN, whoever, should get to Detroit. This a record that was first set 82 years ago, and tied (the first time) 36 years ago.

Edited by Barrie