• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
arag

All Italian NHL Team

Rate this topic

Here is something for fun.

With a large number of NHL players with Italian background I have put this team together.

Actually it may be a pretty good team.

Here it is.

All Italian NHL Team

Head coach

John Tortorella

Forward Lines

Line 1 Michael Cammalleri Jason Spezza Zach Parise

Line 2 Brian Gionta T.J. Galiardi Todd Bertuzzi

Line 3 Max Pacioretty Matthew Lombardi Jason Chimera

Line 4 Daniel Carcillo Jay Pandolfo Matt D'Agostini

Defense Lines

Line 1 Michael Del Zotto Carlo Colaiacovo

Line 2 Chris Campoli Dan Girardi

Line 3 Alex Pietrangelo Marc-Andre Gragnani

Goaltenders

1 Roberto Luongo

2 Rick DiPietro

3 Jason LaBarbera

Have Fun !

Edited by arag

Here is something for fun.

With a large number of NHL players with Italian background I have put this team together.

Actually it may be a pretty good team.

Here it is.

All Italian NHL Team

Head coach

John Tortorella

Forward Lines

Line 1 Michael Cammalleri Jason Spezza Zach Parise

Line 2 Brian Gionta T.J. Galiardi Todd Bertuzzi

Line 3 Manny Malhotra Matthew Lombardi Jason Chimera

Line 4 Daniel Carcillo Jay Pandolfo Matt D'Agostini

Defense Lines

Line 1 Michael Del Zotto Carlo Colaiacovo

Line 2 Chris Campoli Dan Girardi

Line 3 Alex Pietrangelo Sami Lepisto

Goaltenders

1 Roberto Luongo

2 Rick DiPietro

3 Jason LaBarbera

Have Fun !

Haha love it. Got to love that fourth line, and DiPietro in goal

Manny Malhotra Italian??? im pretty sure he is of Indian extraction on his father's side... and according to wiki, his mom is french canadian

Thank You. I have replaced him with Pacioretty.

Go Wings !

Edited by arag

i wonder how many of these last names can Don Cherry actually pronounce :hehe:

Don't worry, he can pronounce all the Canadian player names.

Though, is Sami Lepisto Italian? I know he's Finnish...but Italian-Finnish? Lepisto doesn't even sound Italian to me.

Nick Foligno

Luca Sbisa

andrew cogliano

mark giordano

non playing

mike modano

mark recci

mike peca

bates battaglia

tony esposito

phil esposito

marty turco

tony granato

rick tocchet

pretty sure all these guys have italian heritage to defintly could do better now with some of these names

Nick Foligno

Luca Sbisa

andrew cogliano

mark giordano

non playing

mike modano

mark recci

mike peca

bates battaglia

tony esposito

phil esposito

marty turco

tony granato

rick tocchet

pretty sure all these guys have italian heritage to defintly could do better now with some of these names

Tony Amante

Lepisto is Finnish, not Italian. His name would be pronounced with emphasis on the first syllable, like LE-pisto, so it no longer sounds Italian anyway.

Fixed. Did not check him beforehand.

Thanks !

Vanbiesbrouk is more of Dutch than Italian.

touche!

probably Van Biesbroeck in original version.

add to this: Van Massenho(e)ven, Van|der|Meer, Versteeg, Bouwmeester and.... Yzerman (modern version: IJzerman, iron-man :D )

speaking of all-star Polish team (we are better than Aussie, though not by a long shot :D )

Czerkawski

Oliwa

Wolski

Zolnierczyk

Sidorkiewicz

Konopka (that could be other Slavic, though)

Edited by akustyk

He is listed in wiki under hockey players with Italian roots

From wiki

Vanbiesbrouck was born in Detroit, Michigan to a Belgian immigrant bricklayer, Robert Vanbiesbrouck, and an Italian immigrant Sara.[1][2] He grew-up with two brothers; the oldest, Frank, who was also a goaltender in youth hockey. He inspired Vanbiesbrouck to play goaltender.[1] John later noted that he learned more about goaltending just from watching Frank than any coaching could, adding that no one ever helped him more to become the player he was.[3]

Is Bertuzzi Italian?

Bertuzzi was born and raised in Sudbury, Ontario. His father, Albert Bertuzzi, is an Italian-Canadian who worked as a miner and in the window-washing business. When Bertuzzi was a teenager, Albert survived a near-fatal car accident in which he was thrown from the vehicle through the windshield. His father has stated that he was proud of his own local reputation as a "dirty player" and referred to it as a "Bertuzzi trait".[1] He has said that Bertuzzi takes after him in regards to his toughness and aggression. Bertuzzi's great-uncle, Larry Bertuzzi, is a Toronto-based lawyer who has done arbitration work for the NHL.[4]

Bertuzzi was born and raised in Sudbury, Ontario. His father, Albert Bertuzzi, is an Italian-Canadian who worked as a miner and in the window-washing business. When Bertuzzi was a teenager, Albert survived a near-fatal car accident in which he was thrown from the vehicle through the windshield. His father has stated that he was proud of his own local reputation as a "dirty player" and referred to it as a "Bertuzzi trait".[1] He has said that Bertuzzi takes after him in regards to his toughness and aggression. Bertuzzi's great-uncle, Larry Bertuzzi, is a Toronto-based lawyer who has done arbitration work for the NHL.[4]

I think you have to go pretty far back in Bertuzzi's family tree before you find someone that was actually born in Italy. I have read that he does have Italian heritage, but he's unsure of the specifics. I do know that the only time he's ever been to Italy was for the 2006 Olympics.

I wonder how many of the other "Italian" players in the NHL have actually been to Italy.

Vanbiesbrouck was born in Detroit, Michigan to a Belgian immigrant bricklayer, Robert Vanbiesbrouck, and an Italian immigrant Sara.[1][2] He grew-up with two brothers; the oldest, Frank, who was also a goaltender in youth hockey. He inspired Vanbiesbrouck to play goaltender.[1] John later noted that he learned more about goaltending just from watching Frank than any coaching could, adding that no one ever helped him more to become the player he was.[3]

that definitely makes him more Italian than Dutch to me, considering the fact that Belgians and Dutch are two different (and veeery distinct) nations ;)

and if his dad was of Belgian descent, than Vanbiesbrouck could even be original (Flemish) surname...