• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/14 GDT : Stars 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

As annoyed as I was with TSN, CBC, NBC, etc. not sending a crew down there to cover the historic night, I enjoyed watching Mickey and Ken.

I guess only a Crosby comeback attempt :puke: is worth changing their TV schedule.

As annoyed as I was with TSN, CBC, NBC, etc. not sending a crew down there to cover the historic night, I enjoyed watching Mickey and Ken.

I guess only a Crosby comeback attempt :puke: is worth changing their TV schedule.

This night belonged to the home crew though, glad we got them

Guest irishock

This has been the most consistent home team in years. And that's crazy when even Mike admitted it's probably the least talented since the lockout.

What'd he do? Didn't see it or hear about it other than he got it.

I don't know what for but he got it at the 15:11 mark in the 3rd. I think it happened off camera. Mickey mentioned that he got one when they went to a commercial break.

This night belonged to the home crew though, glad we got them

Yup, no doubt. It's TSN, CBC, and NBC's loss.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2012-02-14/red-wings-set-record/53098584/1

From the USA Today article, I forgot about this:

In addition to the home win streak record, Detroit also owns the league's consecutive road record of 12 games, set in 2005-06.

We own them both, Home and Road record.

You'll all be happy to know that here in Canada on the TSN site, the Red Wings historic victory is featured JUST below a Raptors loss, a Sens win, and a story on a CFL team.

Canada. Knows. Hockey.

Yea what a joke! Obviously they didn't care.

Guest irishock

A game between 2 of the top 6 seeded teams that didn't go to overtime? Wow.

Nashville has us, Vancouver, St. Louis and San Jose coming up next. They'll probably drop some points there.

St. Louis has 15 of next 20 on the road.

Chicago has four more games against St. Louis, 3 more against us (2 at the Joe), Nashville twice, NY Rangers twice.

As long as the Wings stay steady and don't sleep on opponents at home, we'll be fine.

So long as the Wings don't take against the Central, I think the other Central teams have much tougher schedules. So again, barring some inability to beat St. Louis, Nashville and Chicago, I think we're okay in the division. But if the Wings want the Presidents Trophy they can't afford to slack off, the Rangers are one point behind with THREE games in hand still. Also, Vancouver is right on our tail as well if they catch up in games with wins.

I turned over to the Leafs-Flames game on Sportsnet. Joe Bowen did a quick scoreboard update, the Wings score was last. Also it took Joe a couple seconds to say the Wings set the record. Then he mentioned about the extra opportunities we have to win with OT and the Shootout.

Screw 'em! You can't discredit a record because of a rule change. I think it's more impressive because they have extra chances to lose, so it evens out because they've gone 21 games without a loss. If the Leafs set the record, Joe Bowen would have a heart attack and would have to change his pants after the game because he got so excited! Plus Leaf fans would start celebrating downtown.

I'm glad the Leafs are losing 3-1, and are about to lose their 4th in a row, heh heh heh.

Edited by Barrie

So long as the Wings don't take against the Central, I think the other Central teams have much tougher schedules. So again, barring some inability to beat St. Louis, Nashville and Chicago, I think we're okay in the division. But if the Wings want the Presidents Trophy they can't afford to slack off, the Rangers are one point behind with THREE games in hand still. Also, Vancouver is right on our tail as well if they catch up in games with wins.

Presidents Trophy? A nice little bonus.

1st seed? Definitely more important than the presidents trophy though I'm not sure how much it matters. All the teams are going to be a major pain in the ass.

I turned over to the Leafs-Flames game on Sportsnet. Joe Bowen did a quick scoreboard update, the Wings score was last. Also it took Joe a couple seconds to say the Wings set the record. Then he mentioned about the extra opportunities we have to win with OT and the Shootout.

Screw 'em! You can't discredit a record because of a rule change. I think it's more impressive because they have extra chances to lose, so it evens out because they've gone 21 games without a loss. If the Leafs set the record, Joe Bowen would have a heart attack and would have to change his pants after the game because he got so excited! Plus Leaf fans would start celebrating downtown.

I'm glad the Leafs are losing 3-1, and are about to lose their 4th in a row, heh heh heh.

I hate that people try to discredit records because of rule changes. Previous home winning streak in shootout era was 14 I believe (albeit its only been a handful of seasons). We increased that number by 50% and still counting. And if shootouts give that much of an unfair advantage, why has no one else gotten close to the home winning streak record? why has no one been close to 62 wins? If people want to play that card, we should take away all the Habs and Leafs cups from back when they had a monopoly on canadian prospects, or when there were only 6 NHL teams, or when the Stanley Cup was a challenge cup. We should take away all of Gretzky's records because he used a curved stick.

The only legit strike against this record is our away record, and if they can finish with 25-28 road wins on the season, which I believe they will, it becomes a non-issue.

How is our current road record, a strike against the historic home winning streak?

Absolutely incredible Red Wings! I am so freakin proud of this team right now. 21 wins in a row at home......absolutely phenomal. f*** anyone trying to "discredit" this record. If ANYTHING its even that more impressive in todays modern era with league parity being at such an all time high.

WOOOOO GO RED WINGS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very proud of this team. They earned it tonight with a strong effort. People can write off the record if they want, but the fact is the Red Wings just made history playing in the toughest division in hockey at a time when there has never been more parity in the league overall. Not to mention, all the wear and tear from travel they have endured since the start of December. The longest home win streak since the lockout was 14, so it's not like teams have even come close to approaching the Red Wings feat recently.

Awesome night -- one of those games you will never forget as a fan. This is special. :yahoo: