• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/14 GDT : Stars 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Sorry Esquire, I agree with Barrie.

If a historic hockey event like 21 straight home wins in the NHL is listed below the three stories you mentioned, then it's hardly an example of Canada knowing hockey.

Sorry, I just don't see it.

I hate that people try to discredit records because of rule changes. Previous home winning streak in shootout era was 14 I believe (albeit its only been a handful of seasons). We increased that number by 50% and still counting. And if shootouts give that much of an unfair advantage, why has no one else gotten close to the home winning streak record? why has no one been close to 62 wins? If people want to play that card, we should take away all the Habs and Leafs cups from back when they had a monopoly on canadian prospects, or when there were only 6 NHL teams, or when the Stanley Cup was a challenge cup. We should take away all of Gretzky's records because he used a curved stick.

The only legit strike against this record is our away record, and if they can finish with 25-28 road wins on the season, which I believe they will, it becomes a non-issue.

I agree 100%.

The Leafs lost 5-1!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdCUpiI1MSA

Mickey and Ken made some good points tonight about the extra wins with OT and shootout. They said the 1975-76 Flyers were able to take advantage of weak teams like the Kansas City Scouts and Washington Capitals. In 2011-12 there's more parity.

Still I think with the extra chances to lose with the OT and shootout, it's more impressive because we've gone 21 games without a loss, when there's a guaranteed winner every game.

If a historic hockey event like 21 straight home wins in the NHL is listed below the three stories you mentioned, then it's hardly an example of Canada knowing hockey.

I think he was being sarcastic.

Presidents Trophy? A nice little bonus.

1st seed? Definitely more important than the presidents trophy though I'm not sure how much it matters. All the teams are going to be a major pain in the ass.

Topseed is HUGE going into the playoffs considering we can't lose at home right now.

Atta boys. Like I've been saying for the longest time. We don't NEED any new blood in this team, but it wouldn't be a bad idea. We can win the cup with this roster and I feel sorry for any doubters out there.

No doubt we can win at home, we need to play consistent on the road. I think in order to ensure the Cup as ours, a minor change or two will help. Things tend to look real good in the regular season around here, hopefully we can step it up in the playoffs :cool:

21 in a row :siren:

Incredible feat, this is a moment in hockey i'll remember for the rest of my life. First we take the regular season record with 62 wins and now this. I'm honored to be a fan of such a great team and organization that allows me to be a part of moments like this.

Now we just sit back and witness how far into the record books we can take this!

So how many more do they have to win in order to negate any of this OT shoot out buls***?

I hate all the naysayers that keep wanting to throw an asterisk on this record. I didn't see them trying to throw an asterisk on the 2009 Penguins for winning the Cup with the help of a player that was supposed to be suspended. <_<

I hate all the naysayers that keep wanting to throw an asterisk on this record. I didn't see them trying to throw an asterisk on the 2009 Penguins for winning the Cup with the help of a player that was supposed to be suspended. <_<

and 20 seconds with 6 skaters on the ice.

Their 20th straight home win - a historic hockey event - was top billing on TSN when they tied the record. A number of their recent wins leading up to that 20th have also made top headlines. Everybody who knows hockey was already aware of the implications of the game, and you can only write about the streak so many times before you start just recycling the same thing over and over. People ***** and moan about the hockey media constantly reporting on Crosby's concussion despite a lack of new material to write upon yet are up in arms about this?

You guys really need to get the collective stick out of your ass and find SOMEthing else to do with yourselves other than whine. The history books will hold up a lot longer than TSN's headlines, trust me.

Edited by _Kabrok_