• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

Rick Nash "available for the right team/price"

Rate this topic

Yep, we won't do anything at the deadline because Kenny doesn't do rentals, but he also won't do a long term contract, so that leaves bottom sixers to pick up, and we are logjammed with bottom sixers.

For hilarity's sake only.

Pittsburgh works out a trade and picks up Nash. Crosby returns from injury. Cory Stillman then comes out of retirement, and signs with Pittsburg.

Pittsburgh then has the best line ever, Crosby "Stills" & Nash.

:tomato:

In all seriousness, I don't see Kenny making a big push for Nash. The asking price will be too high, and Nash's contract would be too long to feasibly take on. I'd imagine, however, a handful of other teams champing at the bit to make offers.

I agree with most others here. Its fun to think of this team with a talent like Nash, but I don't really want to lose the necessary pieces to make it happen.

I wish Parise/Suter were more of a guarantee instead of a FA crapshoot, but these are the guys I want.

Parise-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Filppula-Zetterberg-Franzen

Cleary-Helm-Nyquist

Miller-Abdelkader-Mursak

Eaves/Emmerton/Tatar/etc.

Lidstrom-Suter

Kronwall-White

Ericsson-Smith

Kindl

Howard

Biron

I like that. :cool:

I don't even think Holland will consider this. It would cost way too much and everyone here knows it. No way we shovel out $7+ mil for Nash or Parise, when Datsyuk makes $6.75 mil. Not to mention, we're doing pretty damn good as we sit.

For hilarity's sake only.

Pittsburgh works out a trade and picks up Nash. Crosby returns from injury. Cory Stillman then comes out of retirement, and signs with Pittsburg.

Pittsburgh then has the best line ever, Crosby "Stills" & Nash.

They need to get Scott Young out of retirement as well ;)

Anyway, we won't get Nash for less than Datsyuk + Franzen + Zetterberg + Lidstrom + Kronwall + Nyquist + Smith + Tartar + 2012 1st round pick + 2013 1st round plus Hudler + Ericsson :deal:

I really appreciated reading all this bidness about Nash, even though I'll probably never understand the numbers game. However, doesn't the fact remain that the Wings' biggest priority is a defenseman? What with Lidstrom's quasi-imminent retirement and Stuart's leaving for the West Coast and family?

I think getting Nash would have damn near the same impact of us getting Shanahan back in the day. To bad that a cap system is in place now, if it wasn't for it he would already be a Wings player IMO.

I really appreciated reading all this bidness about Nash, even though I'll probably never understand the numbers game. However, doesn't the fact remain that the Wings' biggest priority is a defenseman? What with Lidstrom's quasi-imminent retirement and Stuart's leaving for the West Coast and family?

Not to mention if Jimmy has another Vezina-esque season he pretty much will double his salary cap.

Edited by dragonballgtz

Everyone needs to remember Nash has a NMC...So theoretically, if he genuinely wants to play for Detroit than Howson has no choice but to keep him or move him to Detroit.

And don't talk about inter division deals, those deals happen..

Chelios from Chicago

McNabb to Redskins (Who was still relevant at the time)

(different sport but still..)

I think Nash has only made the playoffs once and it was the wings that took him out first round. If he does get traded and it isn't with us I really hope he goes east. Just think how pumped he would be going to a team that can contend for the cup he would be an absolute f@#*%ing beast.

If possible do it Kenny, just don't kill our future by giving away everything, and that's what I think it would take for a player like that.

Edited by ace76

6 more years at a $7.8 mill cap hit on top of what they'd have to give up to get him... No way the Wings are pursuing this.

The real question is if Columbus trades away Nash, what the hell happens to that franchise?

Quebec??? Or is that reserved for the Yotes lol

Guest Hatethedrake!

One thing to remember is that the Canucks have something to offer which Columbus really needs. A potential franchise goalie who is ready NOW. If the Canucks are willing to part with Corey Schneider, I would think the Blue Jackets would have to favour them. The Kings could offer a package around maybe Jack Johnson and Jonathan Bernier. Bernier is also ready now for a chance to be a #1 goalie. The Canucks with the Sisters, Kesler and Nash up front would be hard to beat.

6 more years at a $7.8 mill cap hit on top of what they'd have to give up to get him... No way the Wings are pursuing this.

I would be shocked - SHOCKED - if Holland hasn't at least talked to Howson about it. Nash could fill a serious hole with the Wings AND he's not old. It would literally be like picking up Shanny back in the day.

The real question is if Columbus trades away Nash, what the hell happens to that franchise?

Nothing. They have figured out the arena financing issue with the city and Nationwide. If they get a haul for Nash I think they will be ok going forward. It sucks for them, because Nash has been the face of the franchise for a long time now, but I think they'll emerge from it better in the long term.

I can't imagine any of the proposed trades actually working. Nash is the face of that franchise and if they're going to get rid of him it's going to be for top-line youth. They don't have to move Nash, I'd imagine they're only doing this to see what sort of offers they do get.

I would be shocked - SHOCKED - if Holland hasn't at least talked to Howson about it. Nash could fill a serious hole with the Wings AND he's not old. It would literally be like picking up Shanny back in the day.

Nothing. They have figured out the arena financing issue with the city and Nationwide. If they get a haul for Nash I think they will be ok going forward. It sucks for them, because Nash has been the face of the franchise for a long time now, but I think they'll emerge from it better in the long term.

Nash is young, but I would disagree that they are filling a "serious hole". Our forward pool is deep, IMO. The serious hole will be a D-man moving forward.

That is understandable. State of the art complex there, all star game next year...just wondering if the following is deep enough at this point.

Edited by Ram

One thing to remember is that the Canucks have something to offer which Columbus really needs. A potential franchise goalie who is ready NOW. If the Canucks are willing to part with Corey Schneider, I would think the Blue Jackets would have to favour them. The Kings could offer a package around maybe Jack Johnson and Jonathan Bernier. Bernier is also ready now for a chance to be a #1 goalie. The Canucks with the Sisters, Kesler and Nash up front would be hard to beat.

Wow, never thought about that until now. It has been rumored that Howson wants young roster players instead of picks/prospects. If Vancouver wants Nash they will get him. Schnider and Hodgson = done deal.

I think getting Nash would have damn near the same impact of us getting Shanahan back in the day. To bad that a cap system is in place now, if it wasn't for it he would already be a Wings player IMO.

I agree.

Reading around, it seems the BJs are wanting for players on the blue line and in net, which is the area we are weak. Gots tons of depth at Forward and in the prospects pool to deal though, and with the potential loss of Stuart and Lidstrom, I think Smith is untouchable. And we definately have the cap space which a lot of potential suitors/ teams favoured by Nash may not.

And you got to look at what similar players have gone for recently. Heatley went for Havlat straight up. Hossa and Kovulchuck went for a whole lot of nothing (granted they were pending UFAs). These deals are typically 1 or 2 roster players, a prospect and a 1st.

Why would they trade him in the division?

Well its Nash's call or its a no go. If wants to play for Detroit, Columbus sucks it up and trades him for a return or they keep him. Division trades do happen, maybe not as much as outside of the division but its possible. Its even more likely when a player has a NTC.

Do I think the Wings will actually get Rick Nash? Eh not really; probably slim to none. But hey I would love the guy to be a Red Wing. Did I think we had a shot at Hossa? Hell no! Hasek? Hell no! Those both happend. Look at what we traded for Hasek too... (yeah he was getting somewhat older but still). s***, even look at the Tigers signing Prince Fielder... Detroit was NEVER mentioned and wasn't considered an option and then BAM, they signed him. Yes we are talking about a trade here but my point is it is a possibility, just an unlikely one.

As far as who I would give up...? Hard choice. Wings draft scouts seem to always pick "diamonds in the rough" (solid late round picks) so I wouldn't be mad if they traded a 1st/2nd rounder or two. I'd try to sell them on picks and some of our replaceable prospects. I wouldn't mind trading Emmerton, Mursak, etc. No way I'd trade Jurco, Smith, Nyquist. I'd consider trading Tatar as well. Maybe sell them on that their goaltending is awful and add McColloum? Roster players I'd consider moving are ALMOST any of the bottom six. As good as Filppula is doing, trade him while hes "on the up". NASH >>>> FILPPULA! I'd want to hang on to Franzen, but I would exchange him in Flippula's spot. Erricsson can go as well if they want him. I would like to think some kind of package of the names and picks I stated would work... Again though in all reality I give Detroit a 0-12% chance of landing Nash.

Which teams have the cap space to sign him?

St. Louis would scare me the most if they picked up Nash. They could offer a starting goalie in either Halak or Elliott. They also have a plethora of good, young players to offer.

If Nashville was able to get Nash, Suter and Weber might be willing to stay on.

Edited by MidMichSteve

He's definitely not old, but picking up Shanny was in the pre-cap era.

If Holland were to bring on Nash he'd have $21 million tied up in 3 forwards for two seasons, then have to re-sign Datsyuk with Z and Nash still accounting for over $14 mill a year thru 2020. And somewhere in there he's got to try and fill the massive hole in the blueline when Lidstrom retires. Another issue is that though he's young, Nash seems to have chronic back problems.

Never say never but I'd be surprised if Kenny made such a radical move like that.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Wow, never thought about that until now. It has been rumored that Howson wants young roster players instead of picks/prospects. If Vancouver wants Nash they will get him. Schnider and Hodgson = done deal.

Hockey wise, the Canucks make sense as they could offer Schneider. I agree that Hodgson would also likely be part of the deal. The only problem for Vancouver is that they lack the Cap space to make this trade. Columbus would likely have to accept a guy like Ballard as part of the trade to make the Canucks fit under the Cap.

The Bruins could make a serious pitch if they offered up Tukka Rask as he is also ready to be a number 1 goalie. I'd also think dman Dougie Hamilton would have to a part of the deal. The Bruins have more Cap space than the Canucks do plus Horton is on IR which opens up even more room. The Rangers have the young players to offer but not the young franchise goalie (Lundqvist is not going anywhere of course) Columbus will be surely looking for in any potential Nash trade.

I could see the Kings taking a serious look, for the reasons you mention, plus their massive problems scoring goals. Even trading Johnson though, I'm not sure they could fit Nash in under the cap.

Hmm. though I guess Penner is a UFA the end of this season (good riddance).

Nucks don't have the cap space and I don't think LA would be Nash's choice destination.

The Bruins could make a serious pitch if they offered up Tukka Rask as he is also ready to be a number 1 goalie.

No way the Bruins give up Rask with Thomas being 37 years old.

Edited by dragonballgtz

He's definitely not old, but picking up Shanny was in the pre-cap era.

If Holland were to bring on Nash he'd have $21 million tied up in 3 forwards for two seasons, then have to re-sign Datsyuk with Z and Nash still accounting for over $14 mill a year thru 2020. And somewhere in there he's got to try and fill the massive hole in the blueline when Lidstrom retires. Another issue is that though he's young, Nash seems to have chronic back problems.

Never say never but I'd be surprised if Kenny made such a radical move like that.

Chronic back problems? He's played less than 75 games twice in his career and one of those years he played 74 games.