• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

Rick Nash "available for the right team/price"

Rate this topic

Guest Hatethedrake!

Nucks don't have the cap space and I don't think LA would be Nash's choice destination.

No way the Bruins give up Rask with Thomas being 37 years old.

I can play this game too. It's fun...Teams can always make cap space to fill their immediate needs. Bury players in the minors, make salary dump trades (players for prospects), waive players (and hope they are claimed). If the Canucks want Nash bad enough and offer the players Columbus requires then it can mostly certainly happen.

I never said Boston WOULD trade Rask in a deal for Nash. I said they COULD.

It's easy to shoot down any potential deals any of us think MAY happen. I'm curious to know what YOU think it would take to get Nash and which team(s) are involved. Then I can shoot them down.

He's definitely not old, but picking up Shanny was in the pre-cap era.

If Holland were to bring on Nash he'd have $21 million tied up in 3 forwards for two seasons, then have to re-sign Datsyuk with Z and Nash still accounting for over $14 mill a year thru 2020. And somewhere in there he's got to try and fill the massive hole in the blueline when Lidstrom retires. Another issue is that though he's young, Nash seems to have chronic back problems.

Never say never but I'd be surprised if Kenny made such a radical move like that.

Not to mention the uncertainty with the new CBA, and what rules/restrictions that might come about when it's hammered out...

I think Holland needs to at the least see what it would cost. My guess is that Nash gave a list of teams that he would go to. If Detroit is on the list then we have a good chance. I would trade Franzen over Flip just because I think in the years to come Flip has more upside. Franzen is a great player but he is streaky and lazy at times. Rick Nash brings everything to the table that Franzen does but I think Nash is a better all around player. Nash has put up some great numbers in his career with no help. Franzen plays with the leagues best and his numbers are just o.k. I am a Mule fan and I would do this trade in a minute.

I don't even want to think of the Canucks, Hawks, or Blues getting him.

Chronic back problems? He's played less than 75 games twice in his career and one of those years he played 74 games.

Nash injured his back last season and missed games because of it, but at the time I remember hearing it was not the first time he's had that same back problem. Just that when it flared up previously it wasn't bad enough for him to miss games.

I didn't say he had missed a bunch of games or he was totally damaged goods, but to me it does raise a little concern when you're talking about a big contract with 8 years left on it.

This to me all but confirms that Carter is going somewhere else.

I am sure that Part of Nash's negotiations were that management bring in some more talent for him to play with. Along comes Carter and it's a bust. If I am Nash and I know they are shopping the guy that is supposed to help me bring some wins to the team, I am pissed....and I have had enough.

I think this was just a matter of time. Nash played hard for the franchise but WTF....he is dying there.

As for his NTC I am sure that his list of potential destinations are slim but I would also be very surprised if Detroit wasn't on his wish list.

I think they are going to blow the entire team up and start again.

I can play this game too. It's fun...Teams can always make cap space to fill their immediate needs. Bury players in the minors, make salary dump trades (players for prospects), waive players (and hope they are claimed). If the Canucks want Nash bad enough and offer the players Columbus requires then it can mostly certainly happen.

I never said Boston WOULD trade Rask in a deal for Nash. I said they COULD.

It's easy to shoot down any potential deals any of us think MAY happen. I'm curious to know what YOU think it would take to get Nash and which team(s) are involved. Then I can shoot them down.

I'm honestly not sure where he would end up. But looking at how the Canucks have their money spread out they would have to move Kesler plus someone else or move a lot of depth in order to make up the cap difference. As for Boston again they could do it but future wise it won't make sense to pull the trigger on a trade involving Rask.

I can see the Hawks make an offer. Bye bye Kane & Hjalmarsson(sp). Not sure if Kane's NMC is active until 14-15 or it doesn't kick in until 14-15. Another team is the Leafs! :shifty:

I think they are going to blow the entire team up and start again.

They need to toss out the coaching staff and GM as well. Just a brutal organization from top to bottom.

Edited by dragonballgtz

Nash probably shouldn't have re-signed with Columbus and just gone to Free Agency when his last contract was up. I imagine a more competitive team would have given him a slighter bigger contract than what he has now. Plus, now any team he's traded to will have to give up quite a bit of depth to acquire him, thus slightly decreasing their playoff chances. Basically, I just think he was too loyal to a bad organization and now he and the Jackets are kind of in a tricky situation.

Which teams have the cap space to sign him?

St. Louis would scare me the most if they picked up Nash. They could offer a starting goalie in either Halak or Elliott. They also have a plethora of good, young players to offer.

If Nashville was able to get Nash, Sutter and Weber might be willing to stay on.

They'd probably trade Ben Bishop before Halak or Elliott, but they could package him with someone like Chris Stewart or David Perron and a couple of picks and that might be a starting point. The Blues definitely have the cap space to make it happen.

Zetterberg+ would be the cheapest we could get Nash, so let's not even talk about this.

I do think Boston would be the most likely Candidate for Nash, but I wonder if Tuks would be a part of it.

I would imagine that they would try to package Krejic and Horton would be a part of that trade in that trade.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I'm honestly not sure where he would end up. But looking at how the Canucks have their money spread out they would have to move Kesler plus someone else or move a lot of depth in order to make up the cap difference. As for Boston again they could do it but future wise it won't make sense to pull the trigger on a trade involving Rask.

I can see the Hawks make an offer. Bye bye Kane & Hjalmarsson(sp). Not sure if Kane's NMC is active until 14-15 or it doesn't kick in until 14-15. Another team is the Leafs! :shifty:

I agree the Leafs would make sense. I'm just not sure they have what Columbus is looking for. Kadri, Schenn, Colbourne, 1st. No potential franchise goalie in their system to offer. It seems team have some of the criteria for a Nash trade. Some have the Cap space and are a Cup contender which Nash would likely be willing to go to (Wings, Bruins). Others have the right pieces to offer such as a young potential franchise goalie (Canucks, Kings, Bruins) and ohers are desperate and would likely be willing to gut their entire franchise for him (Leafs, Kings). Other teams have good young pieces to offer but not the franchise goalie In the end maybe he doesn't get moved until the summer. If I'm Nash, I'd want to go to Detroit. Cup contender each season, class organization and close to home (London, Ontario). However, if I'm Columbus, Detroit is the last place I'd want to deal my franchise player to.

Zetterberg+ would be the cheapest we could get Nash, so let's not even talk about this.

I think you are off your rocker... No offense. Look at years prior to teams that send away there "franchise player" or a huge asset. They almost never trade a star for star and them some. Perfect example is Kovalchuck; you didn't see the Devils send Elias or Parise or anyone of that stature back to Atlanta (RIP lol). If the Blue Jackets were going to make something happen with Detroit the name Zetterberg wouldn't even come out of anyones mouth during discussions.

EDIT: I forgot to add, teams that usually trade away their top tier talent are 90% of the time going into "rebuild mode". In saying that these teams want young fresh high potential prospects or high end picks to rebuild. Not top talent veterans from the other parties.

Edited by Hockey13Playa

I don't think this is a sure thing. It's out there, but Nash means a lot to the franchise, even though they are in the s***ter. They're only gonna entertain major offers, IMO.

Anyone stop to consider that with the BJs doing so badly this year they will be in for another high draft pick, possibly even first overall? I realize they are a bad organization in a bad spot and Nash has wasted a lot of time there, but still. Help could be on the way.

I think you are off your rocker... No offense. Look at years prior to teams that send away there "franchise player" or a huge asset. They almost never trade a star for star and them some. Perfect example is Kovalchuck; you didn't see the Devils send Elias or Parise or anyone of that stature back to Atlanta (RIP lol). If the Blue Jackets were going to make something happen with Detroit the name Zetterberg wouldn't even come out of anyones mouth during discussions.

EDIT: I forgot to add, teams that usually trade away their top tier talent are 90% of the time going into "rebuild mode". In saying that these teams want young fresh high potential prospects or high end picks to rebuild. Not top talent veterans from the other parties.

They said, we want a centerpiece. People who think Franzen would bring Nash here are insane.

I never said I would do it either. I said let's not even talk like it would happen.

The point is they aren't trading Nash unless they are the winners of the trade. Period.

EDIT: Don't talk to me like I don't understand trades, they would enter rebuild mode, but they are in danger of ruining the franchise. THIS IS WHY THEY LOCKED HIM UP LONG TERM. Making the situation different than with Kovalchuk. Check twitter. They want bigger pieces than we have to offer. Franzen and Val aren't big enough. I am just saying that WE DON'T HAVE THE AMMO THEY WANT.

Edited by Majsheppard

They said, we want a centerpiece. People who think Franzen would bring Nash here are insane.

I never said I would do it either. I said let's not even talk like it would happen.

The point is they aren't trading Nash unless they are the winners of the trade. Period.

Its understandable they want a centerpiece but that doesn't for sure mean our top guns. A centerpiece could be a high end prospect, 3 first round picks, etc. Just because they said that doesn't mean it has to be a prolific player. But I agree with your second statement. Just not going to happen. Boy do I wish it would though. Nash I think is so under rated. He's on a straight up piece of s*** ass team. If he played with overall better talent, he'd be lights out. Look at him when he played for Canada in the last Olympics. The guy was a complete animal.

EDIT: I never once said you didn't understand trades, I voiced my opinion. Don't get all rattled over it. There team is doomed either way. They are damned if they do trade him and they are damned if they don't.

Edited by Hockey13Playa

Any deal for Nash will likely contain (2) 1st round picks, if not perceived to be in the top 15, it wont happen.

A team like FL, that might bounce out of the playoffs before the end of the season and might have a good pick next year, as history would prove, would be ideal.

LA would most likely have the ammo to do a young guns trade I could see them moving Brown along with a ton of youth.

Now see, that's kinda what I was trying to say. This trade would be much more likely and reasonable. They have all the pieces it would take to get Nash but I don't see him waiving his NTC to go to LA. I feel like he would want to play in a true hockey market with a huge fan base and a rich history. I could totally be wrong but thats just my own speculation there. But what you said makes perfect sense for the Jackets and LA has the weapons to give for him.

Its understandable they want a centerpiece but that doesn't for sure mean our top guns. A centerpiece could be a high end prospect, 3 first round picks, etc. Just because they said that doesn't mean it has to be a prolific player. But I agree with your second statement. Just not going to happen. Boy do I wish it would though. Nash I think is so under rated. He's on a straight up piece of s*** ass team. If he played with overall better talent, he'd be lights out. Look at him when he played for Canada in the last Olympics. The guy was a complete animal.

EDIT: I never once said you didn't understand trades, I voiced my opinion. Don't get all rattled over it. There team is doomed either way. They are damned if they do trade him and they are damned if they don't.

Of course he is underrated. He is a huge piece... I don't buy he gets moved unless it is absurd. I see a hockey deal working as well. I still think Jeff Carter is the major thing involved in here.

I still say they move Richards for Carter right now and both teams win. Richards and Nash would be explosive and fix their Offense immediately.

Another interesting move might be Kane for Nash...

I wonder if Bernier, Johnson or Brown, and pieces (meaning big prospects) would do it...

Edited by Majsheppard

Now see, that's kinda what I was trying to say. This trade would be much more likely and reasonable. They have all the pieces it would take to get Nash but I don't see him waiving his NTC to go to LA. I feel like he would want to play in a true hockey market with a huge fan base and a rich history. I could totally be wrong but thats just my own speculation there. But what you said makes perfect sense for the Jackets and LA has the weapons to give for him.

I am saying that the Wings don't have the top ready to go talent that LA has to make such a deal.

The Bj's think that they can fix their team fast with such a deal. They are wrong. Yet, they will look for it. I just want to make it clear there is no way such a deal is happening with the Wings.

Of course he is underrated. He is a huge piece... I don't buy he gets moved unless it is absurd. I see a hockey deal working as well. I still think Jeff Carter is the major thing involved in here.

I still say they move Richards for Carter right now and both teams win. Richards and Nash would be explosive and fix their Offense immediately.

Another interesting move might be Kane for Nash...

I wonder if Bernier, Johnson or Brown, and pieces (meaning big prospects) would do it...

Turn on NHL12 and see if it works!? Lol just kidding. I think that could work. I mean look at the names you mentioned. That would certainly help the Blue Jackets team as a whole. I think if I was the GM of Columbus and LA offered me those three names and some prospects and picks it would be hard to say no. They fix their goaltending, get a solid forward who somewhat replaces an unhappy Nash, a young solid stay at home defenseman and they picks and prospects on top of it to further develop the team. That would be a huge blockbuster.

I am saying that the Wings don't have the top ready to go talent that LA has to make such a deal.

The Bj's think that they can fix their team fast with such a deal. They are wrong. Yet, they will look for it. I just want to make it clear there is no way such a deal is happening with the Wings.

I agree, it won't happen with the wings. We can all have some wishful thinking though! :zzz:

The only big plus in trading Franzen for Nash, which seems the popular suggestion, is the 5 year age difference. But Detroit would also have to throw in a top prospect or two, and maybe even a top draft pick. Is that a wise trade? Franzen has 22 goals, Nash, 18. Franzen is proven playoff performer, Nash has 1 goal in 4 games, which, yeah, is not necessarily his fault. I don't know?

I still don't understand why so many people are against Jeff Carter, who is younger, right-handed, has been a more prolific goal scorer over the last three seasons, and who could be had for half of what it would cost to acquire Nash. All because of "character" issues? Give me a break.

Nash is the better all-around player, yes, but Holland would have to work a miracle to get him, and you can say goodbye to Franzen or Filppula, along with Nyguist AND Smith. That's what I would ask for to give him to divisional rival if I were Scott Howson, especially with some of the offers that other teams might make. But Rangers fans are dreamin' if they think Nash can be had for Dubinsky, Kreider and a 1st rounder. Howson would lose his job.

Give 'em Tatar and 1st rounder for Carter, bolstering that second line, move Hudler to the 3rd line, hello Stanley Cup!

^THIS. I don't get why people are willing to sell the farm/blow up our core for an overpriced Nash. Carter could be the biggest steal if we got him. He fills our needs and would be the right price (don't need to sell the farm and future). It would probably take more than Tatar and a 1st but I think its a good start. I'd add Ericsson to the pot as they are interested in Dmen. Nash is too expensive at this point for a winning team to buy and his NTC would still exist in Detroit if things don't work out(which Carter doesn't have). Holland will no doubt be asking about both but I see Carter as they guy that is attainable.

Guest stinky fish taco

i think we're going to see a somewhat underwhelming return for rick nash.

he's never hit 80 points.

he makes 7.8 million until 2018

he has a NTC

it's not worth it to give up a ton.