• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

Rick Nash "available for the right team/price"

Rate this topic

Anyway, we won't get Nash for less than Datsyuk + Franzen + Zetterberg + Lidstrom + Kronwall + Nyquist + Smith + Tartar + 2012 1st round pick + 2013 1st round plus Hudler + Ericsson :deal:

you forgot a couple season tickets to the joe. without those, no deal.

Russian sports paper "Sport-Express" reports that the Rangers offered Dubinski+Cryder(sp?)+1st rd pick for Nash. That doesn't look too exorbitant to me.

Yeah, but that is an offer... not a deal.

I think if the Rangers were to make a deal they would want more than Dubs. I would imagine they would also want like Del or Staal included and then a first and a prospect.

Ok, again, Nash would be totally awesome in a Wings sweater, but not if it's gonna affect their chemistry. Sure they need that sniper to help alleviate their road woes plus their power(less) play, but getting Nash would not only have us lose a couple of high end prospects, but a couple of our roster players AND draft picks...

Nash would be great, but I think Holland would go for Selanne and Moen for rentals that wouldn't cost the farm or the chemistry for the playoffs, and then throw the $7.8M at Parise for "for life" and Suter "for life" in July. Of course that would mean if Lidstrom comes back it would have to be around $5M unless the CBA goes off wihtout a hitch and the cap actually goes up, but if Lids comes back at $6.2M again...but this isn't about the cap or the offseason. Nash would be awesome but I think it would cost too much...but stranger things have happened.

Rest assured, if Holland thinks the deal is right, Rick Nash will be in the Winged Wheel come Feb. 27th.

i think we're going to see a somewhat underwhelming return for rick nash.

he's never hit 80 points.

he makes 7.8 million until 2018

he has a NTC

it's not worth it to give up a ton.

Rick Nash makes $7.8M/year for the next 6 years and has basically no playoff experience. I like the guy and all but with that contract AND the fact that we would have to send some good players to Columbus in return - no thanks. He's not worth that much.

Yeah, but that is an offer... not a deal.

I think if the Rangers were to make a deal they would want more than Dubs. I would imagine they would also want like Del or Staal included and then a first and a prospect.

Ya, we can all make offers:

To Det:

Rick Nash

To CMH:

Dan Cleary

Cory Emmerton

Jan Mursak

Thomas McCollum

2012 1st Round Pick

Ok, again, Nash would be totally awesome in a Wings sweater, but not if it's gonna affect their chemistry. Sure they need that sniper to help alleviate their road woes plus their power(less) play, but getting Nash would not only have us lose a couple of high end prospects, but a couple of our roster players AND draft picks...

Nash would be great, but I think Holland would go for Selanne and Moen for rentals that wouldn't cost the farm or the chemistry for the playoffs, and then throw the $7.8M at Parise for "for life" and Suter "for life" in July. Of course that would mean if Lidstrom comes back it would have to be around $5M unless the CBA goes off wihtout a hitch and the cap actually goes up, but if Lids comes back at $6.2M again...but this isn't about the cap or the offseason. Nash would be awesome but I think it would cost too much...but stranger things have happened.

Rest assured, if Holland thinks the deal is right, Rick Nash will be in the Winged Wheel come Feb. 27th.

:hysterical: at the neg for this post! It's not like I said Franzen sucks or Hudler should be traded... :ninja:

spineless neg bandit.

I still want someone to explain Moen to me in a way where it makes sense. Adding a guy that doesn't bring anything more than depth to a team that already has too much depth in the same department... I don't get it at all.

I still want someone to explain Moen to me in a way where it makes sense. Adding a guy that doesn't bring anything more than depth to a team that already has too much depth in the same department... I don't get it at all.

Yeah Moen doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me either... I don't really see how adding him will do anything more for us then what we have already...

If Columbus is big on low upsides, spare parts, and failed prospects.

ya considering the offer was a joke as it was in response to the "offer" from New York to Columbus being too low. It was commented that NY's offer was just that, an offer, not a deal. So I said, ya anyone can make an "offer." So that was my "offer" not my "deal."

Some of you guys are so serious.

"Selanne" and "Moen" are just example names of the type of deal I can see Holland making as opposed to making the "Nash" type deal.

It's still funny how people are so serious as to neg you for trying to make sense of all this. You get negged when you say make the huge deal, you get negged when you say make a couple minor deals. That is why I say people just neg folks for no reason except that someone mentions trade their favorite player...

So lets see.....

3.95 mil for 22 goals and 24 assists (and a proven playoff performer) Franzen

For

7.9 mil and 18 goals and 21 assists? No thanks.

Not to mention the cap space you lose on one player. I am having a hard time seeing how this is an upgrade other than the name recognition.

So lets see.....

For

Not to mention the cap space you lose on one player. I am having a hard time seeing how this is an upgrade other than the name recognition.

Who is Franzen playing with and who is Nash playing with?

So lets see.....

For

I have a feeling Columbus would not take Franzen because of his age and length of his contract. Maybe because of his playoff performances, but Columbus doesn't worry too much about playoffs now do they? :lol: Plus I like to imagine if Holland got Nash, it would be nice to see Nash AND Franzen here. But like I mentioned above, I say tweak the roster for the playoffs, score Parise and Suter come July.

Who is Franzen playing with and who is Nash playing with?

Do you seriously think Nash comes to Detroit and is suddenly scoring 40-50 goals per season? There is no way this happens; not because Nash isn't capable of being a 40-50 goal scorer, because no one scores that many goals here. Not with this system. What's the point of swapping Franzen for Nash if he's gonna put up 35 goals? And Nash has no playoff experience whereas Mule has 37 playoff goals; and he costs half as much.

Getting Nash for a prospect or two, a first round pick and a decent veteran would be a good deal if Nash was making $5mil per season. But since he's not I'd rather let the Rangers, Kings, or Canucks over pay for him.

For the record, id rather go after Parise and suter this summer.

Jurco, Nyquist, kindl, 1st and 2nd. Frannzen or Fil if necessary is min of what I would expect if I was Columbus. I would not give up Smith at this point

Guest Hatethedrake!

The one positive for the Wings if Nash is dealt, is that it eliminates that team from signing Parise this summer. I believe that Parise and Suter are Holland's main targets this summer. I don't believe Holland will even be in the Nash sweeps. Parise and Suter he'll be all in for sure.

Dudes. Just hear me out...

TO CBJ: Cleary, Abdelkader, Helm, Mursak, 1st round pick and maybe some other picks to sweeten the deal

TO DET: Nash

Can we acquire a 3rd line at the deadline?