No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

Rick Nash "available for the right team/price"

Rate this topic

So lets see.....

3.95 mil for 22 goals and 24 assists (and a proven playoff performer) Franzen

For

7.9 mil and 18 goals and 21 assists? No thanks.

Not to mention the cap space you lose on one player. I am having a hard time seeing how this is an upgrade other than the name recognition.

Have you looked at point totals for more than this season? Nash is having an off year and he is still keeping pace with Mule.

Nash could be a 70-80 point player for the Wings. Franzen seems to be in the 50 point range. I cant see him ending up a Red Wing but if his list is short and the Wings are on it they should take a stab at getting him.

Have you looked at point totals for more than this season? Nash is having an off year and he is still keeping pace with Mule.

Nash could be a 70-80 point player for the Wings. Franzen seems to be in the 50 point range. I cant see him ending up a Red Wing but if his list is short and the Wings are on it they should take a stab at getting him.

I still think that Franzen, and all our top forwards for that matter, suffer from lack of the right chemistry. We need top six forwards to make the players better. This is why Nash is on the block. No set up center. Realistically if anyone can fit in chemistry wise, performance will follow.

here is a scary "what if"

nashville trades suter for nash

suter signs with c-bus to overhaul ....nashville gets another weapon to fight us with.

ouch.

Maybe i'm overconfident in this team or have a secret grudge against Tennessee having a hockey team, but i'm just not that threatened by Nashville, even if they did add Nash. Rinne can steal any game, that's what concerns me the most.

Franzen has a playoff record like no other. Keep him always.

Filp has been an awesome alround performer on the ice, and this year he is having the breakout production year we knew he was capable of having. He does more things better than Nash. Keep him.

We have a ton of depth, a ton, wich translates to assets.

Hudler has been very good this year, but we ultimately want to get bigger, stronger, faster, and score more. Plus, he gets knocked off the puck too easily come playoff time. And he let us know in his own terms (by going to KHL at the last minute after we already made player movements to committ to him) that there is no family loyalty between he and the Wings.

Hudler will atleast alleviate some of the scoring loss for Columbus. The fact that he is too small, slow, and weak for playoff hockey should be a moot point with Columbus. :lol:

Package Hudler and Kindl with a balance of picks and prospects that we are comfortable with and hope for the best. If it doesn't work, we have lost nothing. If it does work, we have lost minimal and gained more than we ever could have hoped for.

Sell, Kenny, sell that deal!

package Hudler with big E and send them to Columbus. but it wont happen. Just a wish.

here is a scary "what if"

nashville trades suter for nash

suter signs with c-bus to overhaul ....nashville gets another weapon to fight us with.

ouch.

Salary is a real thing you know. If Nashville can't afford to keep both Suter and Weber, how would they afford adding Nash, even if they give up Suter?

Apparantly Nash's short-list is Philly, Toronto, NYR, LA and Vancouver. Maybe I'm forgetting one or two teams and I'm not sure if this is 100% confirmed, but if it is, I see LA as the most logical option.

Vancouver doesn't have any cap space, neither does the Rangers. It wouldn't make a lot of sense for Toronto whose major need is a 1st line Center. Philly? Well maybe in a blockbuster trade including Bryzgalov. But I'm really not sure that is something they should be doing.

Salary is a real thing you know. If Nashville can't afford to keep both Suter and Weber, how would they afford adding Nash, even if they give up Suter?

Apparantly Nash's short-list is Philly, Toronto, NYR, LA and Vancouver. Maybe I'm forgetting one or two teams and I'm not sure if this is 100% confirmed, but if it is, I see LA as the most logical option.

Vancouver doesn't have any cap space, neither does the Rangers. It wouldn't make a lot of sense for Toronto whose major need is a 1st line Center. Philly? Well maybe in a blockbuster trade including Bryzgalov. But I'm really not sure that is something they should be doing.

I've heard this too. Not like I ultimately care about Nash either way, but I find it a bit of a slap in the dick that Detroit, and the opportunity to play with Datsyuk, didn't make his list.

I've heard this too. Not like I ultimately care about Nash either way, but I find it a bit of a slap in the dick that Detroit, and the opportunity to play with Datsyuk, didn't make his list.

Maybe he didn't want to go to a division rival. I'm sure he still has a lot of heart for Columbus and Detroit is one of their biggest 'rivals'.

Maybe he didn't want to go to a division rival. I'm sure he still has a lot of heart for Columbus and Detroit is one of their biggest 'rivals'.

Yeah, quite possible.

Or maybe he just picked a list of nice places to live (-Philly) combinded with that city also having a team in the hunt (-Toronto :hehe: )

Well, Nash would be nice, but if Detroit didn't make his list then oh well! Let's just get Selanne and go for the Cup, then re-sign Lids, sign Suter and Parise in July.

Maybe Wisniewski's attitude rubbed off on Nash, maybe that is why he is underachieving this year....

I love HFboards when trades like this come up. My favorite offer so far

To Philadelphia

Rick Nash

To Columbus

Michael Leighton

Andreas Lilja

Jody Shelley

5rd round pick.

Lol

Yea those are funny. I had a friend who's a Leaf fan say, after I suggested the Leafs would have to give up Lupul or Kessel in a trade for Nash, that the Leafs may only have to give up Schenn, an AHL player, and a draft pick for him. :huh:

Anyone who's going to get Nash will have to trade either their best player or best can't miss prospect for him, along with another great player, and a pick. Columbus is about to go bankrupt, they need at least one player in return that can put people in the seats.

A Blue Jackets-Flyers deal would probably include Giroux.

If Holland called Columbus (which I don't think he will) I don't think it's out of the question for the Blue Jackets to ask for Datsyuk in return to start the conversation, that's the type of deal it'll be.

Edited by Barrie

When was the last trade deadline that had so many big names floating around?

I'm talking superstar players left and right.

yep, which will drive the price of them down. Lots of options = buyers market. Especially when there are only so many buyers.

I love HFboards when trades like this come up. My favorite offer so far

To Philadelphia

Rick Nash

To Columbus

Michael Leighton

Andreas Lilja

Jody Shelley

5rd round pick.

Lol

Honestly it's not much better than a lot of the trades offered up here.

As fans we're not really wanting to part with key players, so many of the suggestions aren't really based on a realistic trade value as they are a list of players we're willing to part with.

Which is why Hudler, Kindl, Ericsson and a couple lesser prospects often end up on the list. Nevermind that Ericsson has a NMC. Some people apparently think he'd be willing to forgo that to play in a historic powerhouse franchise like Columbus.

Lol....

I forgot who posted it but someone Saying bout giving up a star which I disagree about.... I don't see stars getting swapped much. Besides Heatley for Havlat.... Look at the bigger names. Kovalchuk, Richards, Carter, thornton heck even Burns it's usually up and comers plus prospects picks.... Especially from a team that's in the "Fail for Nail" process

Side note.... I would never do it for loyalty reason but... Id be willing to move Z for Nash and let Filppula have second line center lol.... But I love Z too much but he is slowly decreasing in production...

Side note.... I would never do it for loyalty reason but... Id be willing to move Z for Nash and let Filppula have second line center lol.... But I love Z too much but he is slowly decreasing in production...

Even ignoring loyalty, I'd never do that. Nash has surpassed the point-per-game mark ONCE in the NHL with 79 points in 78 games in 08-09.

Zetterberg (who's considered to be having a terrible year): 44 points in 58 games - 0.759 points/game

Nash: 39 points in 57 games - 0.684 points/game

Admittedly, Nash hasn't exactly had amazing players in Columbus, but he's not quite the offensive juggernaut that he's sometimes made out to be. In Detroit he'd play with better players for sure, but he would no longer be the go-to guy in all offensive situations...there are several factors. Even playing with Datsyuk, my guess is he'd never pass much more than 80 point seasons.

Add to this that Zetterberg is better defensively and a playoff beast, whereas Nash is a fairly unknown commodity come playoff time (3 pts and minus 4 in 4 playoff games) and I'd take Z in a heartbeat.

Also, great play for Team Canada is not the same as playing on the Wings/in the NHL.

Edited by Zetts