• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

Rick Nash "available for the right team/price"

Rate this topic

sucks real bad that Detroit isnt on his short list...but i do understand him perhaps not wanting to entirely screw his would-be former team by going to a Cup contender within the division.

I have been paying attention to this situation... I haven't heard any official list. Where is there a reputable source?

Let's just tell Kenny we want Nash in Detroit and Hudler packaged with Big E in Columbus.

We can say "please" Kenny do it.

Jokes on the side that would be great to have him as a Red Wing. We have seen Kenny making unexpected moves. Let's hope this one would be too.

Go Wings !

Nash is Lazy and He Sucks.

esteef

Can't blame Nash for being lazy. It is the team he is playing for. Put anybody in his position and they will loose interest in playing competitive Hockey instantly. Need motivation. Red Wings is as good as it gets for being motivated and being competitive.

Try that !

Guest Crymson

Can't blame Nash for being lazy. It is the team he is playing for. Put anybody in his position and they will loose interest in playing competitive Hockey instantly. Need motivation. Red Wings is as good as it gets for being motivated and being competitive.

Try that !

You can always blame a professional athlete for being lazy. It's their choice as to whether or not they give their all every night. If everyone followed your philosophy, no bad team would ever stand a chance of getting better.

You can always blame a professional athlete for being lazy. It's their choice as to whether or not they give their all every night. If everyone followed your philosophy, no bad team would ever stand a chance of getting better.

I agree that Nash and everyone should show up to work every day. However some professionals: scientist, doctors , hockey players require encouragement and or motivation.

Nash gets none in Columbus. Sometimes you have to squeeze it out of them, sometimes they need a change to get motivated. By that I don't mean bigger paycheck.

That is what I ment.

On a personal note my understanding of professionalism is far greater than you may think.

Go Wings!

Edited by arag

In my mind now Burke has to get this done. Package up Kessel, Kadri and the hot Joffery and get this guy there. Nash would be the king of Toronto he is what that town loves......Ticket prices may go up even more though so I may have to start driving 4 hours to Ottawa or 5 to the D to start seeing games...

I generally object to the accusation that Nash is lazy. I don't know where this is coming from, never heard it, never seen it. The guy is a beast, but nobody is going to get quality production when he's the only offensive threat. It's amazing that he's been as good as he has. He's going to face the best possible defensive pairings and forwards every single night. Even Hossa and Kovalchuk had each other when they were putting up huge numbers (thus making it harder for teams to defend any one of them), or even Kessel now that he's got Lupul. The best player Nash ever played with was Modin, and he was constantly hurt, or Fedorov in his 16-18 NHL seasons.

Edited by kipwinger

Guest Hatethedrake!

I think whichever team Nash ends up with will be very happy. He was Team Canada's best player during the Olympics in 2010 and a big reason they won Gold. While I wish he were a Red Wing, he is not worth gutting the roster for. I like our depth. Like Kenny says, we just need to add complimentary players. We will win or lose with our depth. Then sign Suter and Parise this summer and REALLY compliment our team. :D

If I'm the Canucks I'd offer Luongo in some sort of package involving Nash.

Sound crazy? Well Schneider is outperforming Luongo (consistently) and is a younger, cheaper player who's not signed to an enormous contract. Nash's enormous contract is more palatable if you're switching it for Luongo's bigger contract (even if the cap hit is larger for Nash).

Luongo's playoff struggles are an unnecessary distraction for the Canucks (in my opinion) considering how good Schneider's been for them over the last two years.

Right now the Canucks have a younger guy in Schneider who looks like he can be a legit #1 goaltender, so why not shed Luongo's contract and enormous baggage? Luongo, on the other hand, gets to escape the constant pressure of playing in a Canadian market with extremely high expectations and he gets to 'start over'. The Canucks probably hope Luongo can return to being a dominant postseason player like he was the year he had that epic series against Turco/Dallas, but if even if he can, how much better is that Luongo over Schneider + Nash? Both teams would be taking a risk but at least it's a star player for star player trade where the financial baggage is relatively equal (as is the talent).

Guest stinky fish taco

If I'm the Canucks I'd offer Luongo in some sort of package involving Nash.

Sound crazy? Well Schneider is outperforming Luongo (consistently) and is a younger, cheaper player who's not signed to an enormous contract. Nash's enormous contract is more palatable if you're switching it for Luongo's bigger contract (even if the cap hit is larger for Nash).

Luongo's playoff struggles are an unnecessary distraction for the Canucks (in my opinion) considering how good Schneider's been for them over the last two years.

Right now the Canucks have a younger guy in Schneider who looks like he can be a legit #1 goaltender, so why not shed Luongo's contract and enormous baggage? Luongo, on the other hand, gets to escape the constant pressure of playing in a Canadian market with extremely high expectations and he gets to 'start over'. The Canucks probably hope Luongo can return to being a dominant postseason player like he was the year he had that epic series against Turco/Dallas, but if even if he can, how much better is that Luongo over Schneider + Nash? Both teams would be taking a risk but at least it's a star player for star player trade where the financial baggage is relatively equal (as is the talent).

luongo has a no trade clause.

Honestly it's not much better than a lot of the trades offered up here.

As fans we're not really wanting to part with key players, so many of the suggestions aren't really based on a realistic trade value as they are a list of players we're willing to part with.

Which is why Hudler, Kindl, Ericsson and a couple lesser prospects often end up on the list. Nevermind that Ericsson has a NMC. Some people apparently think he'd be willing to forgo that to play in a historic powerhouse franchise like Columbus.

A) Hudler's better than anyone on that Philly list by a huge margin.

B) No one (publicly) knows the details of Ericsson's NMC, although it's presumed to be one of those "pick x teams you refuse to be moved to" ones.

luongo has a no trade clause.

Is it an ironcald clause or one of the looser ones? NTC's haven't been too tough to work around for teams in recent years (the Campbell to Florida trade comes to mind).

Guest stinky fish taco

Is it an ironcald clause or one of the looser ones? NTC's haven't been too tough to work around for teams in recent years (the Campbell to Florida trade comes to mind).

the canucks can initiate a trade in the 7th year of his contract.

Detroit is reportedly not on Nash's list of teams he wants to go to, which includes the Leafs, Bruins, Rangers, Sharks, and Kings.

LOL! Which one of these does not belong here?

Clearly the Toronto addition is purely out of consideration for his friends and family because there is simply no way he goes there.

Here's some info on Nash.

-Howson would have received calls from 29 other GMs.

-Extremely low chance of him going to Detroit. Would not want to face him in the future if they make it to the playoffs. They have talked though. Aaron Portzline "cannot imagine" him coming here.

-Would want goaltender in return. Boston and LA seem to be 2 candidates that have these assets.