• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#21 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:46 AM

Franzen has a playoff record like no other. Keep him always.

Filp has been an awesome alround performer on the ice, and this year he is having the breakout production year we knew he was capable of having. He does more things better than Nash. Keep him.

We have a ton of depth, a ton, wich translates to assets.

Hudler has been very good this year, but we ultimately want to get bigger, stronger, faster, and score more. Plus, he gets knocked off the puck too easily come playoff time. And he let us know in his own terms (by going to KHL at the last minute after we already made player movements to committ to him) that there is no family loyalty between he and the Wings.

Hudler will atleast alleviate some of the scoring loss for Columbus. The fact that he is too small, slow, and weak for playoff hockey should be a moot point with Columbus. :lol:

Package Hudler and Kindl with a balance of picks and prospects that we are comfortable with and hope for the best. If it doesn't work, we have lost nothing. If it does work, we have lost minimal and gained more than we ever could have hoped for.

Sell, Kenny, sell that deal!

I don't want to let go of Mule or Flip either, but unless we throw a bank full of prospects along, Jiri Hudler being the main player being exchanged for Rick Nash is just not going to happen, IMO. Rick Nash. First overall pick Rick Nash. Face of a franchise Rick Nash. Jiri Hudler. KHL Jiri Hudler. UFC fan Jiri Hudler. Just doesn't make sense to me. But yeah, make it happen Kenny! I would love it as a Wings fan.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#22 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

Package Hudler and Kindl with a balance of picks and prospects that we are comfortable with and hope for the best. If it doesn't work, we have lost nothing.

let me save you some trouble - it won't work.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#23 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

The only big plus in trading Franzen for Nash, which seems the popular suggestion, is the 5 year age difference. But Detroit would also have to throw in a top prospect or two, and maybe even a top draft pick. Is that a wise trade? Franzen has 22 goals, Nash, 18. Franzen is proven playoff performer, Nash has 1 goal in 4 games, which, yeah, is not necessarily his fault. I don't know?

I still don't understand why so many people are against Jeff Carter, who is younger, right-handed, has been a more prolific goal scorer over the last three seasons, and who could be had for half of what it would cost to acquire Nash. All because of "character" issues? Give me a break.

Nash is the better all-around player, yes, but Holland would have to work a miracle to get him, and you can say goodbye to Franzen or Filppula, along with Nyguist AND Smith. That's what I would ask for to give him to divisional rival if I were Scott Howson, especially with some of the offers that other teams might make. But Rangers fans are dreamin' if they think Nash can be had for Dubinsky, Kreider and a 1st rounder. Howson would lose his job.

Give 'em Tatar and 1st rounder for Carter, bolstering that second line, move Hudler to the 3rd line, hello Stanley Cup!

#24 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

although he would be a hit in Detroit, the asking price is going to be too high. Also someone pointed out that our main priority in the offseason could be to replace 2 of our top 4 D, and that aint going to be cheap. So to give up the assests CBJ will want and take on the $7.8m contract as well as finding 2 top tier D in the summer (possably) will have Kennys work cut out. Sheahan, Jurco, Tvrdon or Pulkkinen one of these could turn out to be the
goalscorer we need and one of these would def be on CBJ list for Nash.

Nice thought but to much to lose in the long run.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#25 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:08 PM

Agreed on pretty much every point. Plus, rumors I've seen suggest Burke is VERY interested in making a really big deadline deal. Nash is about as big as it gets.

I'm hearing talk about it on TSN Radio. I'd be surprised if Burke could get Nash, other teams have more talent they can trade. Plus the Leafs are up against the cap. I would think Columbus would want young players back who don't have big salaries.

let me save you some trouble - it won't work.

Yea with the Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Franzen contacts on the books, we won't be trading for another high priced forward.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#26 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:14 PM

Yep, we won't do anything at the deadline because Kenny doesn't do rentals, but he also won't do a long term contract, so that leaves bottom sixers to pick up, and we are logjammed with bottom sixers.
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

#27 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,806 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

For hilarity's sake only.

Pittsburgh works out a trade and picks up Nash. Crosby returns from injury. Cory Stillman then comes out of retirement, and signs with Pittsburg.

Pittsburgh then has the best line ever, Crosby "Stills" & Nash.

:tomato:

In all seriousness, I don't see Kenny making a big push for Nash. The asking price will be too high, and Nash's contract would be too long to feasibly take on. I'd imagine, however, a handful of other teams champing at the bit to make offers.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#28 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

I agree with most others here. Its fun to think of this team with a talent like Nash, but I don't really want to lose the necessary pieces to make it happen.

I wish Parise/Suter were more of a guarantee instead of a FA crapshoot, but these are the guys I want.

Parise-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
Filppula-Zetterberg-Franzen
Cleary-Helm-Nyquist
Miller-Abdelkader-Mursak
Eaves/Emmerton/Tatar/etc.

Lidstrom-Suter
Kronwall-White
Ericsson-Smith
Kindl

Howard
Biron

I like that. :cool:
Posted Image

#29 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

I don't even think Holland will consider this. It would cost way too much and everyone here knows it. No way we shovel out $7+ mil for Nash or Parise, when Datsyuk makes $6.75 mil. Not to mention, we're doing pretty damn good as we sit.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#30 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

For hilarity's sake only.

Pittsburgh works out a trade and picks up Nash. Crosby returns from injury. Cory Stillman then comes out of retirement, and signs with Pittsburg.

Pittsburgh then has the best line ever, Crosby "Stills" & Nash.

They need to get Scott Young out of retirement as well ;)

Anyway, we won't get Nash for less than Datsyuk + Franzen + Zetterberg + Lidstrom + Kronwall + Nyquist + Smith + Tartar + 2012 1st round pick + 2013 1st round plus Hudler + Ericsson :deal:
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#31 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:34 PM

I really appreciated reading all this bidness about Nash, even though I'll probably never understand the numbers game. However, doesn't the fact remain that the Wings' biggest priority is a defenseman? What with Lidstrom's quasi-imminent retirement and Stuart's leaving for the West Coast and family?

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#32 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

I think getting Nash would have damn near the same impact of us getting Shanahan back in the day. To bad that a cap system is in place now, if it wasn't for it he would already be a Wings player IMO.

I really appreciated reading all this bidness about Nash, even though I'll probably never understand the numbers game. However, doesn't the fact remain that the Wings' biggest priority is a defenseman? What with Lidstrom's quasi-imminent retirement and Stuart's leaving for the West Coast and family?

Not to mention if Jimmy has another Vezina-esque season he pretty much will double his salary cap.

Edited by dragonballgtz, 14 February 2012 - 12:41 PM.

• Nev likes this

#33 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

Everyone needs to remember Nash has a NMC...So theoretically, if he genuinely wants to play for Detroit than Howson has no choice but to keep him or move him to Detroit.

And don't talk about inter division deals, those deals happen..

Chelios from Chicago

McNabb to Redskins (Who was still relevant at the time)
(different sport but still..)

#34 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:48 PM

Why would they trade him in the division?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#35 ace76

ace76

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:49 PM

I think Nash has only made the playoffs once and it was the wings that took him out first round. If he does get traded and it isn't with us I really hope he goes east. Just think how pumped he would be going to a team that can contend for the cup he would be an absolute f@#*%ing beast.

If possible do it Kenny, just don't kill our future by giving away everything, and that's what I think it would take for a player like that.

Edited by ace76, 14 February 2012 - 12:51 PM.

#36 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

6 more years at a $7.8 mill cap hit on top of what they'd have to give up to get him... No way the Wings are pursuing this.

The real question is if Columbus trades away Nash, what the hell happens to that franchise?

#37 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

6 more years at a $7.8 mill cap hit on top of what they'd have to give up to get him... No way the Wings are pursuing this.

The real question is if Columbus trades away Nash, what the hell happens to that franchise?

Quebec??? Or is that reserved for the Yotes lol

#38 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

One thing to remember is that the Canucks have something to offer which Columbus really needs. A potential franchise goalie who is ready NOW. If the Canucks are willing to part with Corey Schneider, I would think the Blue Jackets would have to favour them. The Kings could offer a package around maybe Jack Johnson and Jonathan Bernier. Bernier is also ready now for a chance to be a #1 goalie. The Canucks with the Sisters, Kesler and Nash up front would be hard to beat.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#39 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

I would be shocked - SHOCKED - if Holland hasn't at least talked to Howson about it. Nash could fill a serious hole with the Wings AND he's not old. It would literally be like picking up Shanny back in the day.

Nothing. They have figured out the arena financing issue with the city and Nationwide. If they get a haul for Nash I think they will be ok going forward. It sucks for them, because Nash has been the face of the franchise for a long time now, but I think they'll emerge from it better in the long term.
Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#40 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

I can't imagine any of the proposed trades actually working. Nash is the face of that franchise and if they're going to get rid of him it's going to be for top-line youth. They don't have to move Nash, I'd imagine they're only doing this to see what sort of offers they do get.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png