• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

Rick Nash "available for the right team/price"

Rate this topic

Why? Franzen will be retired by 2016, and his cap hit is actually pretty reasonable for a good top-six forward.

Although I agree that Nash's contract is ridiculous. Case in point, this year's stats:

Nash: 57 GP, 18-21-39

Hudler: 57 GP, 18-17-35

Now let's compare their ES numbers as Hudler plays the point on the PP and isn't really given any kind of comparable situation to score.

Nash: 57 GP, 14-11-25

Hudler: 57 GP, 17-12-29

Ice time at even strength?

Nash: 880:57, or 15:27 per game.

Hudler: 731:26, or 12:49 per game.

Hudler is better defensively than Nash, plays all three forward positions and can play the point on the PP. Nash plays one wing. Yet fans here want to trade high-end prospects AND top picks for Nash's $7.8m lifetime deal, but think bringing Hudler back in the $2.5-$3.5m range would be overpayment? Yes... let's agree to believe that.

Huder is on the red wings. red wings are a great team. Nash on the other hand is on columbus. columbus is pretty awful. Not taking anything away from hudler, I like him too and hope he resigns here. Huds and Nash just aren't really comparable..

You will keep hearing about the Rick Nash "list." Today a report is out listing Vancouver, Toronto, NYR, Detroit, and San Jose.

Remembering I simply report on rumors, and not including myself, NHL insiders from TSN, Sportsnet, ESPN, and elsewhere have reported Philly, LA, Montreal, Chicago and Boston as having had serious talks for Rick Nash. How can this be if those players aren't on the official list?

Take it for what it's worth lol

Why would Rick Nash want to go to Toronto? I can see Boston,Philly,NYR, but the Leafs? Thats as screwed up as saying Hudler is a better all around player then Nash....Steve Nash maybe but Rick Nash and Hudler are not even close sorry to break it to you.

Not that Detroit should be on everyone's list, it obviously would be wrong to think that, but what the heck is LA doing on his list? Does he have a women in LA or does he want to enjoy the So.Cal nightlife? Hey he could always hook up with Tara Reid...

He was probably told he wasn't allowed to include divisonal teams on his list. They wouldn't want him competing against them and making them regret the trade.

Why would Rick Nash want to go to Toronto? I can see Boston,Philly,NYR, but the Leafs? Thats as screwed up as saying Hudler is a better all around player then Nash....Steve Nash maybe but Rick Nash and Hudler are not even close sorry to break it to you.

It's not THAT crazy that he'd want to go to Toronto, but it's unlikely. 1) Toronto is a borderline team, unlike Columbus. They are on the verge of improving. If he could be "the guy" that sparks that team and turns a legendary club into a playoff performer again, that's quite an incentive.

But still, it's way more likely he'd want to go to a team that has a 1) a good chance of winning a Cup or 2) has awesome night-life.

With his contract, remember, he's got to look long-term. He may want to win a Cup this year, but he knows that picking a team based on that criteria is like winning the lottery. So Toronto, being a team "on the rise" supposedly, wouldn't be all that unattractive.

But yeah....still unlikely. My bet is on LA. Hot night life, Hollywood, great weather year-round, and another team "on the rise."

I feel the opposite, Toronto is one of the biggest hockeys mecas in the leauge, all this despite having one of the s***tiest teams for the last decade...It works the other way to, the Toronto hockey market is soo into their game a lot players have said it's too stressful to play there. I truely believe Nash would put Toronto back on the map for a good few years.

Edited by 13dangledangle

Why? Franzen will be retired by 2016, and his cap hit is actually pretty reasonable for a good top-six forward.

Although I agree that Nash's contract is ridiculous. Case in point, this year's stats:

Nash: 57 GP, 18-21-39

Hudler: 57 GP, 18-17-35

Now let's compare their ES numbers as Hudler plays the point on the PP and isn't really given any kind of comparable situation to score.

Nash: 57 GP, 14-11-25

Hudler: 57 GP, 17-12-29

Ice time at even strength?

Nash: 880:57, or 15:27 per game.

Hudler: 731:26, or 12:49 per game.

Hudler is better defensively than Nash, plays all three forward positions and can play the point on the PP. Nash plays one wing. Yet fans here want to trade high-end prospects AND top picks for Nash's $7.8m lifetime deal, but think bringing Hudler back in the $2.5-$3.5m range would be overpayment? Yes... let's agree to believe that.

post-14738-0-04196200-1329711334_thumb.jpg