• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
auxlepli

NHL Blackout Rules

Rate this topic

Living in Indy I have FS Midwest, St. Louis, and FS Ohio available to me. So why I am allowed to watch the St Louis feed, but not the Ohio feed of the Blues, Jackets game tonight? Isn't that weird?

I am about 60 miles closer to Columbus than St. Louis, but in my mind it should not make a difference. I"m not in either market.

Because you are technically in the other market, no matter physical distance. In order to receive the other feed you would need to subscribe to NHL Center Ice.

Drum, why are we the only ones who ever show up in these threads?

That would be awesome, because blackouts are stupid and annoying. For example, I pay for FSD and Center Ice, but if NHL Network or NBCSN decides to show a game, I have to watch that feed and hope they pickup the FSD feed since I'm out of market. If I'm paying for the channel, let me watch them.

Edited by rrasco

Happens to me all the time. I'm physically closer to Orange County (Ducks) but am in the LA "market". So I see Kings games on my FSN channel and no Ducks games. However all the NHL Center Ice Ducks games are blacked out because somehow they think I'm seeing those games on my FSN channel.

It's. *******. Annoying. As. Hell. To. Pay. Extra. And. Still. Not. See. The. f***in. Games.!!!

I feel better now.

esteef

Happens to me all the time. I'm physically closer to Orange County (Ducks) but am in the LA "market". So I see Kings games on my FSN channel and no Ducks games. However all the NHL Center Ice Ducks games are blacked out because somehow they think I'm seeing those games on my FSN channel.

It's. *******. Annoying. As. Hell. To. Pay. Extra. And. Still. Not. See. The. f***in. Games.!!!

I feel better now.

esteef

You shouldn't be blacked out from them on Center Ice. There must be a mix up in the RSNs. That's what CI is for, to watch out of market games. What provider do you have? I have Direct and purchase the sports pack (and CI) so I get all the RSNs even when there is not a game on. The only time I am blacked out is when there is coverage on a national network, like NBCSN or NHLN.