• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Blackhawks' Losing Streak: Nine Games and Counting

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

As of tonight, the Blackhawks have lost nine straight. From their lofty spot near to the top of the conference only a few weeks ago, they've fallen to only two points out of ninth place. They've had no vital players injured throughout this stretch. They're simply playing horrible hockey and getting atrocious goaltending.

This is interesting to see. I wonder if they'll make the playoffs. It's up in the air at this stage. Remember that it took a very good Corey Crawford for them to back into the playoffs last season. Both he and Emery are playing mediocre hockey this season, and Bowman has announced that he won't be seeking another goaltender at the trade deadline.

Guest Crymson

I find myself without sympathy or remorse.

I don't think remorse is applicable in this situation.

Let us not forget, Chicago has been this bad all season, just their offensive power has masked it for the most part. If you force your forwards to score atleast 4 goals per game, its unrealistic to think they'll continue it throughout the season. The beginning of the season their forward group, which is a powerhouse, was holding and keeping them in the game, now that they aren't burying those chances it hurts them that much more. Crawford played on his head for them last season, but for them to think that he was going to continue the favor throughout this season, was a joke. Now, when they secure their defense Chicago will become a powerhouse. And yes, that hurts for me to say.

I saw them dropping off, but I have to admit I did not see them falling into this deep of a slump.

They're not very good on the road, and when Toews and Hossa aren't carrying their offense they have no scoring. Crawford is not a reliable #1 goalie.

Pray they don't fall to 8th and remain 6th.

I think a 1st round matchup against them would favor us heavily. Not only would we have home-ice advantage, but they have a similar team as we have except they have less scoring depth, weaker defense, and a worse goalie. They're not a team that should be underestimated as when they're on top of their game they are very good. But I think a series between us and them would end 4-1 to us.

For their preseason Stanley Cup picks, TSN's analysts chose the Chicago Blackhawks, Washington Capitals, San Jose Sharks, Pittsburgh Penguins and Philadelphia Flyers. The Blackhawks received the most votes to win the Cup.

sharp did get injured but that can't be that major of a thing

It was, but he only missed a few games. It's all Huds fault.

It's also important to note we all expected this, not only because of their lackluster defense, but because of their heavy road schedule. Well, not necessarily expected 9 straight losses, they have not won since Jan 20, but we expected their production to decline.

Remember the Wings February in 2008? It gets pointed out like 10,000 times here on LGW, so I thought I'd do it as well. Granted, we were in better shape in the standings, but I expect them to make the playoffs anyway.

They'll make a move at the deadline and get better somehow.

No one in the West wants to play this team in the first round. We could beat them, but it still wouldn't be preferable.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Remember the Wings February in 2008? It gets pointed out like 10,000 times here on LGW, so I thought I'd do it as well. Granted, we were in better shape in the standings, but I expect them to make the playoffs anyway.

They'll make a move at the deadline and get better somehow.

No one in the West wants to play this team in the first round. We could beat them, but it still wouldn't be preferable.

It should also be pointed out that the 2008 Wings team that went on a big losing streak also had a ton of injuries. The Hawks are relatively healthy right now. There's no excuse. Their big performers are not living up to the hype/contract they signed.