• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Blackhawks' Losing Streak: Nine Games and Counting

Rate this topic

I think the Wings would kick their asses if they met in the playoffs. The only team in the West the Wings seem to match up especially poorly against is San Jose, so if anyone would volunteer to do the dirty work for them on that front I'd really appreciate it. Obviously the Canucks are a great team and that could go either way. Well, they all could, but that's hockey; no one knows which way the puck will bounce. But as long as I'm sitting here making declarations, yes: Chicago sucks and are not as good as the team I like.

As of tonight, the Blackhawks have lost nine straight. From their lofty spot near to the top of the conference only a few weeks ago, they've fallen to only two points out of ninth place. They've had no vital players injured throughout this stretch. They're simply playing horrible hockey and getting atrocious goaltending.

This is interesting to see. I wonder if they'll make the playoffs. It's up in the air at this stage. Remember that it took a very good Corey Crawford for them to back into the playoffs last season. Both he and Emery are playing mediocre hockey this season, and Bowman has announced that he won't be seeking another goaltender at the trade deadline.

I don't believe in karma, but this is baaaaad karma. We've already had a 6 game winless streak this season, and we've been very fortunate with injuries so far. Lets wait till June before we start gloating.

I don't believe in karma, but this is baaaaad karma. We've already had a 6 game winless streak this season, and we've been very fortunate with injuries so far. Lets wait till June before we start gloating.

Not me. I started gloating weeks ago. They have zero chance of recovering with the goaltending that they have. I want them to miss the playoffs entirely. 27th in the league in GAA. Baahaaaaaaaa

Remember the Wings February in 2008? It gets pointed out like 10,000 times here on LGW, so I thought I'd do it as well. Granted, we were in better shape in the standings, but I expect them to make the playoffs anyway.

They'll make a move at the deadline and get better somehow.

No one in the West wants to play this team in the first round. We could beat them, but it still wouldn't be preferable.

1. Detroit ended up winning the president's trophy easily that year.

2. Detroit had injuries during that streak.

3. Bowman has stated they will not pursue a goaltender, so their goaltending problems will continue from here on out.

1. Detroit ended up winning the president's trophy easily that year.

2. Detroit had injuries during that streak.

3. Bowman has stated they will not pursue a goaltender, so their goaltending problems will continue from here on out.

This is the biggest thing right there. Bowman basically gave both Crawford and Emery a vote of confidence (right after he assured Quenneville that his job was safe as well and rightly so, because this slump isn't a matter of poor coaching). If Bowman can't accept the biggest weakness on his team, trade deadline acquisitions aren't going to do much. Even if they somehow managed to get some stud on defense (and honestly, who would they get without giving up something else vital in return?), it would only mask the underlying problem. And that problem is that both of their goaltenders are sitting with sub-.900 SV%s (.898 for Crawford, .899 for Emery) and are creeping up on a 3.00 GAA (2.99 for Crawford, 2.82 for Emery). Last line of defense and all that...

The day after someone on here started a thread about the Pens losing streak, they turned around and won 8 straight and a Malkin went off too.

Karma. It exists.

i wonder what our favorite Eddie Olcyzk has to say? i thought Duncan keith is the best damned dman in the league???

Why wonder when you can use this: http://www.edzobingo.com/ and piece together what he would say on your own.

My own attempt is that he would say that "All those young players out there on the Blackhawks need to keep their active sticks on the ice, get the puck in deep & use their speed to the outside to go hard to the net." See, it's easy. :hehe:

Why wonder when you can use this: http://www.edzobingo.com/ and piece together what he would say on your own.

My own attempt is that he would say that "All those young players out there on the Blackhawks need to keep their active sticks on the ice, get the puck in deep & use their speed to the outside to go hard to the net." See, it's easy. :hehe:

It's like he's an active member of the forum

As someone from Illinois I am enjoying giving my friends who are Hawks fans grief. One conversation in the Student Government office.

Me: "Hey Mitch the Craphawks lost again."

Mitch: "Who won the Stanley Cup most recently Detroit or Chicago?"

Me: "Mitch we aren't talking about two years ago we are talking about now and who has the most points in the NHL????????"

Mitch "Detroit but we will catch up to you guys."

Me: "LOL! The Hawks are a joke you guys have no defense nor do you guys have good Goaltender."

Me: "Crawford would be a second string on most teams."

Mitch: "Well still who won the most recent cup?"

Me: "Mitch your team sucks at the moment live with it."

Mitch: No reply.

This is the biggest thing right there. Bowman basically gave both Crawford and Emery a vote of confidence (right after he assured Quenneville that his job was safe as well and rightly so, because this slump isn't a matter of poor coaching). If Bowman can't accept the biggest weakness on his team, trade deadline acquisitions aren't going to do much. Even if they somehow managed to get some stud on defense (and honestly, who would they get without giving up something else vital in return?), it would only mask the underlying problem. And that problem is that both of their goaltenders are sitting with sub-.900 SV%s (.898 for Crawford, .899 for Emery) and are creeping up on a 3.00 GAA (2.99 for Crawford, 2.82 for Emery). Last line of defense and all that...

Their fans would immediately disagree with that.

As someone from Illinois I am enjoying giving my friends who are Hawks fans grief. One conversation in the Student Government office.

Me: "Hey Mitch the Craphawks lost again."

Mitch: "Who won the Stanley Cup most recently Detroit or Chicago?"

Me: "Mitch we aren't talking about two years ago we are talking about now and who has the most points in the NHL????????"

Mitch "Detroit but we will catch up to you guys."

Me: "LOL! The Hawks are a joke you guys have no defense nor do you guys have good Goaltender."

Me: "Crawford would be a second string on most teams."

Mitch: "Well still who won the most recent cup?"

Me: "Mitch your team sucks at the moment live with it."

Mitch: No reply.

This is my conversation with a Pittsburgh fan.

Me: So Big Ben is a pretty sick f*** eh? Don't get caught in a bathroom with that dude.

Them: Oh yeah? Well what about Brett Favre?

Me: ...I didn't say anything about Brett Favre.

Them: Yeah. Brett Favre sucks.

The day after someone on here started a thread about the Pens losing streak, they turned around and won 8 straight and a Malkin went off too.

Karma. It exists.

Karma is a word. What matters is the connection the word implies. (A little movie trivia for anybody).

But yeah I remember that thread. I'm always hesitant to point and laugh at any other team no matter how much I hate them.

Guest irishock

"For their preseason Stanley Cup picks, TSN's analysts chose the Chicago Blackhawks, Washington Capitals, San Jose Sharks, Pittsburgh Penguins and Philadelphia Flyers. The Blackhawks received the most votes to win the Cup."

Lmfao, nobody chose us, Vancouver or Boston?

"For their preseason Stanley Cup picks, TSN's analysts chose the Chicago Blackhawks, Washington Capitals, San Jose Sharks, Pittsburgh Penguins and Philadelphia Flyers. The Blackhawks received the most votes to win the Cup."

Lmfao, nobody chose us, Vancouver or Boston?

a little early for this sort of thing, no?

Guest Hatethedrake!

Open the door
Get on the floor
Everybody watch Chicago's core

BOOM BOOM
AKA LAKA LAKA
BOOM BOOM

Oh it was a night like this
Just a month or so ago
Chicago won a game
They just won 2 in a row

But then something made a noise
Must have been a giant bird!
But oh no it was Patrick Kane
Playing like a total turd!

It was Chicago's core...
It was Chicago's core!

Open the door
Get on the floor!
Everybody watch Chicago's core!

Open the door
Get on the floor!
Everybody watch Chicago's core!

BOOM BOOM!
AKA LAKA
BOOM BOOM! Edited by Hatethedrake!

Karma is a word. What matters is the connection the word implies. (A little movie trivia for anybody).

But yeah I remember that thread. I'm always hesitant to point and laugh at any other team no matter how much I hate them.

I'm thinking one of the Matrix flicks.

Living in Chicago, i am definitely seeing some doom and gloom in the city. Its incredible how fast fans can get polarized (I know Wings fans do this too). But its all good, yo, cuz da Bullz are in 1th place!