One and Done.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#22 PROBIE4PREZ

PROBIE4PREZ

In Holland I trust.

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

For their preseason Stanley Cup picks, TSN's analysts chose the Chicago Blackhawks, Washington Capitals, San Jose Sharks, Pittsburgh Penguins and Philadelphia Flyers. The Blackhawks received the most votes to win the Cup.

"I mean, the best thing for my knee, for anyone's knee, is to never play again and retire. But I'm not going to do that." o-captain my captain

#23 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:09 AM

sharp did get injured but that can't be that major of a thing

It was, but he only missed a few games. It's all Huds fault.

It's also important to note we all expected this, not only because of their lackluster defense, but because of their heavy road schedule. Well, not necessarily expected 9 straight losses, they have not won since Jan 20, but we expected their production to decline.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#24 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

Remember the Wings February in 2008? It gets pointed out like 10,000 times here on LGW, so I thought I'd do it as well. Granted, we were in better shape in the standings, but I expect them to make the playoffs anyway.

They'll make a move at the deadline and get better somehow.

No one in the West wants to play this team in the first round. We could beat them, but it still wouldn't be preferable.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 15 February 2012 - 11:30 AM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#25 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

Remember the Wings February in 2008? It gets pointed out like 10,000 times here on LGW, so I thought I'd do it as well. Granted, we were in better shape in the standings, but I expect them to make the playoffs anyway.

No one in the West wants to play this team in the first round. We could beat them, but it still wouldn't be preferable.

It should also be pointed out that the 2008 Wings team that went on a big losing streak also had a ton of injuries. The Hawks are relatively healthy right now. There's no excuse. Their big performers are not living up to the hype/contract they signed.

#26 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

I think the Wings would kick their asses if they met in the playoffs. The only team in the West the Wings seem to match up especially poorly against is San Jose, so if anyone would volunteer to do the dirty work for them on that front I'd really appreciate it. Obviously the Canucks are a great team and that could go either way. Well, they all could, but that's hockey; no one knows which way the puck will bounce. But as long as I'm sitting here making declarations, yes: Chicago sucks and are not as good as the team I like.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#27 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

As of tonight, the Blackhawks have lost nine straight. From their lofty spot near to the top of the conference only a few weeks ago, they've fallen to only two points out of ninth place. They've had no vital players injured throughout this stretch. They're simply playing horrible hockey and getting atrocious goaltending.

This is interesting to see. I wonder if they'll make the playoffs. It's up in the air at this stage. Remember that it took a very good Corey Crawford for them to back into the playoffs last season. Both he and Emery are playing mediocre hockey this season, and Bowman has announced that he won't be seeking another goaltender at the trade deadline.

I don't believe in karma, but this is baaaaad karma. We've already had a 6 game winless streak this season, and we've been very fortunate with injuries so far. Lets wait till June before we start gloating.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#28 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:41 PM

I don't believe in karma, but this is baaaaad karma. We've already had a 6 game winless streak this season, and we've been very fortunate with injuries so far. Lets wait till June before we start gloating.

Not me. I started gloating weeks ago. They have zero chance of recovering with the goaltending that they have. I want them to miss the playoffs entirely. 27th in the league in GAA. Baahaaaaaaaa
Do or do not. There is no try

#29 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

i wonder what our favorite Eddie Olcyzk has to say? i thought Duncan keith is the best damned dman in the league???

#30 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:52 PM

1. Detroit ended up winning the president's trophy easily that year.
2. Detroit had injuries during that streak.
3. Bowman has stated they will not pursue a goaltender, so their goaltending problems will continue from here on out.

Posted Image

#31 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

1. Detroit ended up winning the president's trophy easily that year.
2. Detroit had injuries during that streak.
3. Bowman has stated they will not pursue a goaltender, so their goaltending problems will continue from here on out.

This is the biggest thing right there. Bowman basically gave both Crawford and Emery a vote of confidence (right after he assured Quenneville that his job was safe as well and rightly so, because this slump isn't a matter of poor coaching). If Bowman can't accept the biggest weakness on his team, trade deadline acquisitions aren't going to do much. Even if they somehow managed to get some stud on defense (and honestly, who would they get without giving up something else vital in return?), it would only mask the underlying problem. And that problem is that both of their goaltenders are sitting with sub-.900 SV%s (.898 for Crawford, .899 for Emery) and are creeping up on a 3.00 GAA (2.99 for Crawford, 2.82 for Emery). Last line of defense and all that...

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#32 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:23 PM

Watch the Hawks start winning from here on out.

#33 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,494 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

I think they are just trying to get a record of their own since the Wings just got one. Another 9 losses in a row and they'll have the record.

#34 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

The day after someone on here started a thread about the Pens losing streak, they turned around and won 8 straight and a Malkin went off too.

Karma. It exists.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

i wonder what our favorite Eddie Olcyzk has to say? i thought Duncan keith is the best damned dman in the league???

Why wonder when you can use this: http://www.edzobingo.com/ and piece together what he would say on your own.

My own attempt is that he would say that "All those young players out there on the Blackhawks need to keep their active sticks on the ice, get the puck in deep & use their speed to the outside to go hard to the net." See, it's easy. :hehe:

#36 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:54 PM

Why wonder when you can use this: http://www.edzobingo.com/ and piece together what he would say on your own.

My own attempt is that he would say that "All those young players out there on the Blackhawks need to keep their active sticks on the ice, get the puck in deep & use their speed to the outside to go hard to the net." See, it's easy. :hehe:

It's like he's an active member of the forum

#37 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

As someone from Illinois I am enjoying giving my friends who are Hawks fans grief. One conversation in the Student Government office.
Me: "Hey Mitch the Craphawks lost again."
Mitch: "Who won the Stanley Cup most recently Detroit or Chicago?"
Me: "Mitch we aren't talking about two years ago we are talking about now and who has the most points in the NHL????????"
Mitch "Detroit but we will catch up to you guys."
Me: "LOL! The Hawks are a joke you guys have no defense nor do you guys have good Goaltender."
Me: "Crawford would be a second string on most teams."
Mitch: "Well still who won the most recent cup?"
Me: "Mitch your team sucks at the moment live with it."
Mitch: No reply.

#38 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:09 PM

This is the biggest thing right there. Bowman basically gave both Crawford and Emery a vote of confidence (right after he assured Quenneville that his job was safe as well and rightly so, because this slump isn't a matter of poor coaching). If Bowman can't accept the biggest weakness on his team, trade deadline acquisitions aren't going to do much. Even if they somehow managed to get some stud on defense (and honestly, who would they get without giving up something else vital in return?), it would only mask the underlying problem. And that problem is that both of their goaltenders are sitting with sub-.900 SV%s (.898 for Crawford, .899 for Emery) and are creeping up on a 3.00 GAA (2.99 for Crawford, 2.82 for Emery). Last line of defense and all that...

Their fans would immediately disagree with that.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#39 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:18 PM

As someone from Illinois I am enjoying giving my friends who are Hawks fans grief. One conversation in the Student Government office.
Me: "Hey Mitch the Craphawks lost again."
Mitch: "Who won the Stanley Cup most recently Detroit or Chicago?"
Me: "Mitch we aren't talking about two years ago we are talking about now and who has the most points in the NHL????????"
Mitch "Detroit but we will catch up to you guys."
Me: "LOL! The Hawks are a joke you guys have no defense nor do you guys have good Goaltender."
Me: "Crawford would be a second string on most teams."
Mitch: "Well still who won the most recent cup?"
Me: "Mitch your team sucks at the moment live with it."
Mitch: No reply.

This is my conversation with a Pittsburgh fan.

Me: So Big Ben is a pretty sick f*** eh? Don't get caught in a bathroom with that dude.
Them: Oh yeah? Well what about Brett Favre?
Me: ...I didn't say anything about Brett Favre.
Them: Yeah. Brett Favre sucks.

#40 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:24 PM

The day after someone on here started a thread about the Pens losing streak, they turned around and won 8 straight and a Malkin went off too.

Karma. It exists.

Karma is a word. What matters is the connection the word implies. (A little movie trivia for anybody).

But yeah I remember that thread. I'm always hesitant to point and laugh at any other team no matter how much I hate them.