• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jeff48109

Zetterberg out vs. Predators, Tatar called up

Rate this topic

Why would Abby center a line with Flip?

At any rate, I really wish they'd put Tatar on a top line. With the Wings in 1st place, now is the time to give our future superstars a chance to get some confidence. Players that aren't destined to be 4th liners shouldn't be stuck on a 4th line.

Yeah, but the Wings never rush guys and like rewarding hard work. I am sure you will see all the depth guys getting some time.

Why would Abby center a line with Flip?

At any rate, I really wish they'd put Tatar on a top line. With the Wings in 1st place, now is the time to give our future superstars a chance to get some confidence. Players that aren't destined to be 4th liners shouldn't be stuck on a 4th line.

Because Babcock likely wants that line to have some size. With the exception of the second line recently, he usually has at least one bigger body on each line for corner work, screening the goalie, etc. It also takes time to get acclimated to the NHL- especially defensively.

If Cleary and Homer played with the first and second lines well, I don't see why Abby cannot. Having physical, defensively sound players to compliment skilled players on the top lines can be very useful.

Tatar will have to earn his ice time, just like all Wings have done. Remember, Flip was a third line player until recently.

Because Babcock likely wants that line to have some size. With the exception of the second line recently, he usually has at least one bigger body on each line for corner work, screening the goalie, etc. It also takes time to get acclimated to the NHL- especially defensively.

If Cleary and Homer played with the first and second lines well, I don't see why Abby cannot. Having physical, defensively sound players to compliment skilled players on the top lines can be very useful.

Tatar will have to earn his ice time, just like all Wings have done. Remember, Flip was a third line player until recently.

I don't think Abby will do bad on the 2nd, I just wonder why he's centering it instead of playing wing when there is a more capable center in Flip available.

Edited by VM1138

I don't think Abby will do bad on the 2nd, I just wonder why he's centering it instead of playing wing when there is a more capable center in Flip available.

I agree with that point. It may be because they want Flip to stay focused offensively. I wouldn't be surprised to see Miller up for a few shifts too.

Pessimistic as always. Haven't you learned anything in your 20 years of watching the Wings?

20? 20? What do you take me for one of those bandwagon Wings fan that only caught the bus once they started winning? My first game was in 1979 at The Joe when the re-hung Gordies number in the rafters. Been a fan since i was 9 and have stuck with them through the lean,years as well as the last 20. That is why i get so passionate sometimes. But honestly, ya, they could still win friday, but its gonna be hard as Nashville will be gunning for our spot. Without Z its gonna be even harder.....

Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Franzen

Filppula - Abdelkader - Hudler

Mursak - Helm - Miller

Tatar - Emmerton - Holmstrom

Given Abby practiced in the 2C spot (for minimal change I suppose), surely this is what the lines will look like? This involves the smallest amount of changes. Gives Mursak a proper shot, too, assuming I am correct.

From MLive

"He’s been playing real well down there, the best player in Grand Rapids'' Babcock said. " We like to reward guys who are playing good

"He’s going to play on the fourth line and he’s got to be safe and he's got to be responsible and physical and greasy and hard to play against.''

20? 20? What do you take me for one of those bandwagon Wings fan that only caught the bus once they started winning? My first game was in 1979 at The Joe when the re-hung Gordies number in the rafters. Been a fan since i was 9 and have stuck with them through the lean,years as well as the last 20. That is why i get so passionate sometimes. But honestly, ya, they could still win friday, but its gonna be hard as Nashville will be gunning for our spot. Without Z its gonna be even harder.....

Wow! How DARE he suggest that you've only been watching Detroit Red Wings hockey for 20 years!? Thank you for straightening that out and expaining that YOU are not one of those second citizen Red Wings fans that don't belong in the same room as your fandom....

....or did I misintepret the underlying tone of your message?

Wow! How DARE he suggest that you've only been watching Detroit Red Wings hockey for 20 years!? Thank you for straightening that out and expaining that YOU are not one of those second citizen Red Wings fans that don't belong in the same room as your fandom....

....or did I misintepret the underlying tone of your message?

:blink: Uh....ya, a bit of a misinterpret, just because folks are younger than me, doesn't mean they are second citizen fans. You cannot help when you were born. No offense, but there are some fans that didn't think twice about the Wings in the 80's and then come here and tell us life-long fans that we don't know anything...doesn't matter really, you probably misinterpreted Crymson's tone as well, if you have read Crymson for some time, he usually is being a smart ass when he says things. But we love Crymson anyway and wouldn't have Crymson change a bit!

:blink: Uh....ya, a bit of a misinterpret, just because folks are younger than me, doesn't mean they are second citizen fans. You cannot help when you were born. No offense, but there are some fans that didn't think twice about the Wings in the 80's and then come here and tell us life-long fans that we don't know anything...doesn't matter really, you probably misinterpreted Crymson's tone as well, if you have read Crymson for some time, he usually is being a smart ass when he says things. But we love Crymson anyway and wouldn't have Crymson change a bit!

Ok then - my bad. I do see/hear that type of comment on a semi-regular basis... guess it annoys me to the point of feeling the need to post in response. Sorry I misread, though.