• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

There goes #22. So much for putting the record out of reach.....

Pessimistic as always. Haven't you learned anything in your 20 years of watching the Wings?

#22 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:00 PM

Pessimistic as always. Haven't you learned anything in your 20 years of watching the Wings?

If anything there will be harder work from the others and they will crush the Preds. I kind of hope that we see some unfounded chemistry right now. I say this as the top two line, while getting hotter, have been lacking offensively compared to where we would want them.

Oh, and with our depth. Cleary can be out as many games as he needs to be and then even a few more.
I am not calling him worthless, he just would be worth a ton more if he gets healthy. With our current depth, we wouldn't miss him that much, and would be so much better with him rolling 100% in the playoffs.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#23 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:33 PM

just as z was heating up. hope its not serious

#24 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

just as z was heating up. hope its not serious

I'd bet it is his back. Having a bad back, it just will mean some rest and stretching before he is back.

I am ready to see how much Tatar has progressed. I still think he isn't strong enough yet for the NHL, but he is getting there.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#25 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

Why would Abby center a line with Flip?

At any rate, I really wish they'd put Tatar on a top line. With the Wings in 1st place, now is the time to give our future superstars a chance to get some confidence. Players that aren't destined to be 4th liners shouldn't be stuck on a 4th line.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#26 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

At any rate, I really wish they'd put Tatar on a top line. With the Wings in 1st place, now is the time to give our future superstars a chance to get some confidence. Players that aren't destined to be 4th liners shouldn't be stuck on a 4th line.

Yeah, but the Wings never rush guys and like rewarding hard work. I am sure you will see all the depth guys getting some time.

#27 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

Because Babcock likely wants that line to have some size. With the exception of the second line recently, he usually has at least one bigger body on each line for corner work, screening the goalie, etc. It also takes time to get acclimated to the NHL- especially defensively.

If Cleary and Homer played with the first and second lines well, I don't see why Abby cannot. Having physical, defensively sound players to compliment skilled players on the top lines can be very useful.

Tatar will have to earn his ice time, just like all Wings have done. Remember, Flip was a third line player until recently.

#28 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:17 PM

Because Babcock likely wants that line to have some size. With the exception of the second line recently, he usually has at least one bigger body on each line for corner work, screening the goalie, etc. It also takes time to get acclimated to the NHL- especially defensively.

If Cleary and Homer played with the first and second lines well, I don't see why Abby cannot. Having physical, defensively sound players to compliment skilled players on the top lines can be very useful.

Tatar will have to earn his ice time, just like all Wings have done. Remember, Flip was a third line player until recently.

I don't think Abby will do bad on the 2nd, I just wonder why he's centering it instead of playing wing when there is a more capable center in Flip available.

Edited by VM1138, 16 February 2012 - 09:17 PM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#29 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

I don't think Abby will do bad on the 2nd, I just wonder why he's centering it instead of playing wing when there is a more capable center in Flip available.

I agree with that point. It may be because they want Flip to stay focused offensively. I wouldn't be surprised to see Miller up for a few shifts too.

#30 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,735 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

20? 20? What do you take me for one of those bandwagon Wings fan that only caught the bus once they started winning? My first game was in 1979 at The Joe when the re-hung Gordies number in the rafters. Been a fan since i was 9 and have stuck with them through the lean,years as well as the last 20. That is why i get so passionate sometimes. But honestly, ya, they could still win friday, but its gonna be hard as Nashville will be gunning for our spot. Without Z its gonna be even harder.....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#31 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:12 AM

Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Franzen
Filppula - Abdelkader - Hudler
Mursak - Helm - Miller
Tatar - Emmerton - Holmstrom

Given Abby practiced in the 2C spot (for minimal change I suppose), surely this is what the lines will look like? This involves the smallest amount of changes. Gives Mursak a proper shot, too, assuming I am correct.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#32 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:05 AM

From MLive

"Hes been playing real well down there, the best player in Grand Rapids'' Babcock said. " We like to reward guys who are playing good

"Hes going to play on the fourth line and hes got to be safe and he's got to be responsible and physical and greasy and hard to play against.''

#33 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

Per Trevor Thompson, Zetterberg might play after all...

Henrik Zetterberg will take pregame skate, might play tonite. If not, Tomas Tatar is in. #RedWings #Preds RWL @FOXSportsDet @7:00pm

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#34 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:08 PM

I really hope Tatar gets some playing time on the top 6... He's one of those guys who shine with talent around him and could use the confidence boost after a pretty mediocre (by his standards) sophomore season in GR.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#35 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

Per Trevor Thompson, Zetterberg might play after all...

Oh Tatar... He doesn't have the greatest luck as far as callups this year. The Wings overall luck as a team though, knock on wood...

I do hope Zetterberg plays.

#36 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

20? 20? What do you take me for one of those bandwagon Wings fan that only caught the bus once they started winning? My first game was in 1979 at The Joe when the re-hung Gordies number in the rafters. Been a fan since i was 9 and have stuck with them through the lean,years as well as the last 20. That is why i get so passionate sometimes. But honestly, ya, they could still win friday, but its gonna be hard as Nashville will be gunning for our spot. Without Z its gonna be even harder.....

Wow! How DARE he suggest that you've only been watching Detroit Red Wings hockey for 20 years!? Thank you for straightening that out and expaining that YOU are not one of those second citizen Red Wings fans that don't belong in the same room as your fandom....

....or did I misintepret the underlying tone of your message?

#37 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,735 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:46 PM

Wow! How DARE he suggest that you've only been watching Detroit Red Wings hockey for 20 years!? Thank you for straightening that out and expaining that YOU are not one of those second citizen Red Wings fans that don't belong in the same room as your fandom....

....or did I misintepret the underlying tone of your message?

:blink: Uh....ya, a bit of a misinterpret, just because folks are younger than me, doesn't mean they are second citizen fans. You cannot help when you were born. No offense, but there are some fans that didn't think twice about the Wings in the 80's and then come here and tell us life-long fans that we don't know anything...doesn't matter really, you probably misinterpreted Crymson's tone as well, if you have read Crymson for some time, he usually is being a smart ass when he says things. But we love Crymson anyway and wouldn't have Crymson change a bit!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#38 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

From MLive

Jamie Tardif says whaaaaaaat?

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#39 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

:blink: Uh....ya, a bit of a misinterpret, just because folks are younger than me, doesn't mean they are second citizen fans. You cannot help when you were born. No offense, but there are some fans that didn't think twice about the Wings in the 80's and then come here and tell us life-long fans that we don't know anything...doesn't matter really, you probably misinterpreted Crymson's tone as well, if you have read Crymson for some time, he usually is being a smart ass when he says things. But we love Crymson anyway and wouldn't have Crymson change a bit!

Ok then - my bad. I do see/hear that type of comment on a semi-regular basis... guess it annoys me to the point of feeling the need to post in response. Sorry I misread, though.

#40 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,338 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:13 AM

Jamie Tardif says whaaaaaaat?

Let it go man. Let it go.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".