• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozzie30

Yzerman asks Pavel Kubina to Provide list of teams

Rate this topic

this is a horrible idea..... getting rentals is stupid, especially if their old..

Completely disagree. I know Kubina is nowhere near their level but trading for Murphy and Chelios seemed to work out. Sometimes a change of scenery is precisely what the doctor ordered. Getting depth is never a bad thing. Kindl could turn into a great defenseman, but the Babcock has said this team has 1, maybe 2 more years at the top and I doubt Kindl will reach his potential by then.

Completely disagree. I know Kubina is nowhere near their level but trading for Murphy and Chelios seemed to work out. Sometimes a change of scenery is precisely what the doctor ordered. Getting depth is never a bad thing. Kindl could turn into a great defenseman, but the Babcock has said this team has 1, maybe 2 more years at the top and I doubt Kindl will reach his potential by then.

I agree plus Kubina is like 6'4" 260 pounds so two defensemen both about 6'5" and a combined 500 pounds won't hurt... As he at the top of my list, heck no lol but it is somewhat intriguing

It seems that usually when Detroit is rumored to be interested in a really questionable player, the media usually gets it wrong and Detroit is actually interested in someone else on the roster. Is there anyone that would help Detroit that might be available from TB?

It seems that usually when Detroit is rumored to be interested in a really questionable player, the media usually gets it wrong and Detroit is actually interested in someone else on the roster. Is there anyone that would help Detroit that might be available from TB?

Victor Hedman and Steve Downie !!!!! hopefully.

But more than likely Adam Hall & Brett Clark.

Looks like Moore just got traded to the Sharks. Lol the funny part is both teams played against eachother tonight. TB in the shoootout :P

Could be a firesale now in TB

Anyone rate Ryan Malone? What about him?

I've heard L.A. and Toronto are gunning for Malone, but I wouldn't mind seeing him in the Winged Wheel. He's a big, physical guy with a nose for the net. I'd be gunning for Steve Downie right now if I knew Tampa was shopping guys around, which could very well be the case, with Moore being shipped out for picks. Seems St. Louis, Levacalier, and Stamkos may be the only untouchables. Then again, I'm no Tampa Bay Lightning insider.

Pass on Kubina. Sure, he's big, but he turns 35 in April, and if we acquire him, that tells me he could be Stuart's replacement for next season. This team needs to get younger.

I've heard L.A. and Toronto are gunning for Malone, but I wouldn't mind seeing him in the Winged Wheel. He's a big, physical guy with a nose for the net. I

Hell yes.

For the playoffs I'd be more than ecstatic with a top six of:

Mule-Pav-Bert

Fil-Z-Malone

Now Malone's contract is quite a pill to swallow. He may not get more points in the regular season than Hudler can at his best. But Malone can provide the role that skilled players like Fil and Z need to work their magic.

Hell yes.

For the playoffs I'd be more than ecstatic with a top six of:

Mule-Pav-Bert

Fil-Z-Malone

Now Malone's contract is quite a pill to swallow. He may not get more points in the regular season than Hudler can at his best. But Malone can provide the role that skilled players like Fil and Z need to work their magic.

His contract is quite hefty. I think it would be a gamble worth taking. He's 6'4", 220. 28 points in 43 games. Just turned 32. He would be the big body up front that we have been looking for. At the same time, we should be careful not to shake things up too much, this team has been playing stellar hockey since the All Star Break. I think a move or two at most will gear us up for a playoff run.

Tampa sounds like they want to rebuild. I expect a couple more guys to be wheeled out of town before the end of the deadline. Dominic Moore is the first casualty of the rebuild under Stevie.

Yeah... <_<. Great. Another annoying forward on the Sharks who is also the brother of Steve Moore. They just got that much more annoying to play against.

Yeah, I wouldn't want him on this team. He's got quite the big mouth, and never backs it up. San Jose may have just tied Vancouver for most annoying team with this trade.

Yeah, I wouldn't want him on this team. He's got quite the big mouth, and never backs it up. San Jose may have just tied Vancouver for most annoying team with this trade.

If the Wings and Sharks meet again, I can already see Bert putting up with a plethora of s*** talking the Sharks will do about the Moore incident now that Dominic is a Shark.

I don't know if they've tied Van for most annoying team. They did get rid of Setoguchi and the f***in' All-Star. I really want the Wings to beat the Sharks but I really don't want to watch another series of their dumbass tactics.

I don't know what Malone's contract looks like, but from the sporadic times I've seen him play it seems like he's a pretty good playoff performer. As long as we don't lose someone who produces more than he would, it'd be a good trade.

Tampa would be a good trading partner. We have good relations with Yzerman obviously, which helps. Of course it's a business but it's always easier to do business with someone your GM gets along with. Also, Yzerman is familiar with our prospects and might have a soft spot for a couple of them. He'd be more willing to take a risk on someone he's really familiar with than some other team's prospect who he only knows through recent scouting. It just sucks that our draft picks are basically worthless because we always draft so low.

If the Wings and Sharks meet again, I can already see Bert putting up with a plethora of s*** talking the Sharks will do about the Moore incident now that Dominic is a Shark.

I don't know if they've tied Van for most annoying team. They did get rid of Setoguchi and the f***in' All-Star. I really want the Wings to beat the Sharks but I really don't want to watch another series of their dumbass tactics.

Dominic would be one of the fist ones to turtle if, God forbid, they were forced to back up their talk.

Now that I think about it, Vancouver is still the most annoying team, but San Jose made the race a little tighter with Moore coming in. To be honest, I hate watching San Jose play, period. I'd hate for us to have to play another series against them.

I don't know what Malone's contract looks like, but from the sporadic times I've seen him play it seems like he's a pretty good playoff performer. As long as we don't lose someone who produces more than he would, it'd be a good trade.

Yeah he has a cap hit of 4.5 that lasts until 2014-2015. It's higher than Franzen's. He's also a streaky point producer who hits around the 47-50 point mark on a yearly average. He also has the same issues that apply to every throwback power forward: Intensity, consistency, physicality, etc. However, imo, regardless of whether the Wings are to lose even one or both of either Holmstrom or Bertuzzi after this year, Malone is what the Wings can really use in the playoffs. He's a horse with pucks down low and he'll create space for the skilled players and he has a defensive conscience and good skating ability.

so seeing what the preds gave up for gill could emmerton or miller/2nd/some scrub like pyett or radake get kubina?

not that i want kubina, just throwing this out there for fun.

As I said in the NHL Trade thread, it would take at least that. But that IMO is the ballpark, yes. Although I think Miller + 2nd would be over payment. Also, I don't think Holland would part with a 2nd rounder just to add defensive depth.

so seeing what the preds gave up for gill could emmerton or miller/2nd/some scrub like pyett or radake get kubina?

not that i want kubina, just throwing this out there for fun.

I'd be pretty annoyed if they pissed a 2nd away on Kubina. Although it'd give people someone to rag on instead of Ericsson.