The Moore I think about it I would love to have Malone on our team. :P

See what I did there : )

#42 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:35 AM

If the Wings and Sharks meet again, I can already see Bert putting up with a plethora of s*** talking the Sharks will do about the Moore incident now that Dominic is a Shark.

I don't know if they've tied Van for most annoying team. They did get rid of Setoguchi and the f***in' All-Star. I really want the Wings to beat the Sharks but I really don't want to watch another series of their dumbass tactics.

Dominic would be one of the fist ones to turtle if, God forbid, they were forced to back up their talk.

Now that I think about it, Vancouver is still the most annoying team, but San Jose made the race a little tighter with Moore coming in. To be honest, I hate watching San Jose play, period. I'd hate for us to have to play another series against them.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#43 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:23 PM

I don't know what Malone's contract looks like, but from the sporadic times I've seen him play it seems like he's a pretty good playoff performer. As long as we don't lose someone who produces more than he would, it'd be a good trade.

Yeah he has a cap hit of 4.5 that lasts until 2014-2015. It's higher than Franzen's. He's also a streaky point producer who hits around the 47-50 point mark on a yearly average. He also has the same issues that apply to every throwback power forward: Intensity, consistency, physicality, etc. However, imo, regardless of whether the Wings are to lose even one or both of either Holmstrom or Bertuzzi after this year, Malone is what the Wings can really use in the playoffs. He's a horse with pucks down low and he'll create space for the skilled players and he has a defensive conscience and good skating ability.

#44 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

To be fair he was decently clutch in the playoffs.

And was leading the league in points at the time.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#45 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

And was leading the league in points at the time.

Still a soft Euro. :D

#46 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

Still a soft Euro. :D

And lazy.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#47 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

so seeing what the preds gave up for gill could emmerton or miller/2nd/some scrub like pyett or radake get kubina?

not that i want kubina, just throwing this out there for fun.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#48 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

so seeing what the preds gave up for gill could emmerton or miller/2nd/some scrub like pyett or radake get kubina?

As I said in the NHL Trade thread, it would take at least that. But that IMO is the ballpark, yes. Although I think Miller + 2nd would be over payment. Also, I don't think Holland would part with a 2nd rounder just to add defensive depth.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#49 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:27 PM

I'd be pretty annoyed if they pissed a 2nd away on Kubina. Although it'd give people someone to rag on instead of Ericsson.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#50 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,094 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

I'd be pretty annoyed if they pissed a 2nd away on Kubina. Although it'd give people someone to rag on instead of Ericsson.

Good lord, a Kubina-Ericsson pairing would have the board go mad. (myself included, that'd be... ugly :ph34r:)

#NOMOREKINDL

#51 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

Per this tweet by Darren Dreger, Detroit and Philly both have made offers for Kubina.

#52 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:17 PM

not that excited about Kubina

#53 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

Hall-of-Famer

• HoF Booster
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

Per this tweet by Darren Dreger, Detroit and Philly both have made offers for Kubina.

I'm going to pretend that's just Kenny kicking the tires to see what the market is like & that he's really not that interested in Kubina.

#54 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

I'm going to pretend that's just Kenny kicking the tires to see what the market is like & that he's really not that interested in Kubina.

A kubina acquisition at the deadline would fit Kenny's MO pretty well, I doubt he's merely kicking the tires.

#55 wingedfan13

wingedfan13

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:21 AM

Kubina reminds of me of when we got Bertuzzi. Everyone thought he was a waste until he came here and reworked his game. Kubina is a big body with an offense upside. Put the detroit defense work ethic in his head and he could be the a savoir for our third pairing come playoffs.

#56 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

I don't think it will cost us too much against the cap to get Kubina. His annual is only $3.85 mill so pro-rated is not that much, maybe $1 mill? It could be a good acquisition for #4 or #5 on the Dmen depth, try him out and see if does well. If he can get his game back, offer him a one year contract like we did Bert and see what happens. You know the saying, you can never have too many Dmen.

What I find odd is that Tampa Bay is sitting him until he gets traded ... I know you don't want him injured and all but that is an odd move.

#57 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:59 AM

Ansar Khan is reporting an offer has been made

Red Wings make offer for Tampa Bay defenseman Pavel Kubina

#58 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:09 AM

To be honest I hope we don't get Kubina. I don't know why we need a depth defenseman? No love for Malone in our top six Kenny? Come on. Glad I'm not the GM and Kenny is but still...

#59 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:15 AM

There is a tiny bit of intrigue for Kubina in my view. He does have some strengths. Right now he's averaging nearly 20 minutes a game. I wonder if he would play better if he had less minutes and you wouldn't see his weaknesses as much.

Or is he one of those guys who plays better with more minutes? One of those guys who can't get into a groove unless he has his minutes sort of player.

#60 Namingway

Namingway

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,958 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:51 AM

As much as I try to like Kindl, I'm not too sure about having an Ericsson/Kindl (or Commie) 3rd pairing going into the playoffs. I've never really cared too much for Kubina but at this point I'd much rather see a Big E and Kubina 3rd line D instead.