• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/17 GDT : Predators 1 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Sharks say they hoped DET was still on their streak so they could break it. I love it because in my mind I've had this upcoming game against the Sharks circled on the calendar. I can't stand how the Sharks currently have the Wings' number and I really want the Wings to beat their asses.

I REALLY HATE THE WINGS RIGHT NOW ,next preds-wings game is march 7th and ya'll guys will have to look at the preds yellow jerseys all night

We can practice getting used to the color by not flushing after a pee. :). In seriousness the Preds deserve credit for playing a hard fought game. They should hit the 2nd round again, and give that opponent some fits. The Preds are turning into a team that everyone in the league needs to take seriously. Rinne looked good, though I'm glad he didn't catch Howard in the wins column while Jimmy was injured.

As soon as we lost control of that puck, I couldn't help but flashback to the 11/21/10 game vs. Calgary. Thank you, Pavel, for recreating that night minus overtime and the +1 for the Preds.

OMG me too. I just remember the dats z magic right after it popped over the blue line. Kinda felt it when lids looked back and made the pass off the boards.

21 SOG for Nashville, only 4 in the 4rd. 31 SOG for Detroit, 10 in the 4rd.

After that dismal 2nd, I think Babcock clearly told the boys to just fire the puck on net. It seemed like we had a ton of shots directed at net in the 3rd.

What was also interesting was the distibution of ice-time tonight.

Joey Macdonald has been spectacular for a back-up goalie imo. I still feel more comfortable with Howie in net, but there's so much less stress than when Conklin has been playing. Hopefully we can trade off Conklin for picks or something so that he wasn't an entirely bad signing...

That was a terribly played game by the Wings imo... if they play like this on Sunday against the Sharks we will be losing to them once again. Besides Datsyuk, Lidstrom and Zetterberg this team was lazy and sluggish all night long. They were not moving their feet, their passing was way off and they were getting no offensive pressure. Then with 10 minutes to go in the 3rd period Babcock FINALLY put Pavel and Hank together and that was the game changer imo. Every shift they were out together they dominated and Pavel had about 4 really good scoring chances, along with the Kronwall chances where he missed the net. Long story short, I have been calling for them to play together for a long time and Babcock hopefully keeps them together. They simply dominate and take over games together and know where each other are at all times to make awesome plays.

Some other notes:

- Kindl better be sitting next game for Commie because that giveaway on the goal was unacceptable.

- Joey Mac is playing amazing and deserves to stay in Detroit... the team is really confident in front of him.

- Franzen needs to stop playing such a lazy overall game because it is really frustrating.

Can't wait until Sunday because the Wings SHOULD be prepared for the Sharks to let them know that they will no longer fall victim to them... for that to happen we need the ENTIRE TEAM to show up, not just Pavs, Hank and Nick.

Guest Crymson

That was a terribly played game by the Wings imo... if they play like this on Sunday against the Sharks we will be losing to them once again.

It's unfortunate that a win against one of the better teams in the league, in which the Wings outshot their opponent at a 3:2 ratio, is not good enough for you.

If you expect perfection in every game from any team whatsoever in any league in any country on earth, you will end up disappointed.

Was out in the 3rd period and saw the highlight at the gym ... wow, just wow. I suppose if we didn't score, we'd take it in OT or shootout :rolleyes:

Needless to say, preventing Nashville from getting even 1 pt is a plus.

Edited by RedWingsRox

Thanks to hooon's link, that was the first time I saw the GWG. I think those passes by Lidstrom and Zetterberg were as good as Datsyuk's goal! Excellent play all around!

Here's hoping the Wings win on Sunday against SJ, because I'm going to be at the game Thursday vs. Vancouver. It'll be fun to be in the crowd if the streak is still going.