• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/17 GDT : Predators 1 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Joey Macdonald has been spectacular for a back-up goalie imo. I still feel more comfortable with Howie in net, but there's so much less stress than when Conklin has been playing. Hopefully we can trade off Conklin for picks or something so that he wasn't an entirely bad signing...

Is Conk even able to be traded? Isn't there a CBA rule that says players can't get traded the same year they signed a contract.

I would think Conk will be sent down to Grand Rapids, if he clears waivers.

Guest Crymson

Is Conk even able to be traded? Isn't there a CBA rule that says players can't get traded the same year they signed a contract.

He's tradeable. The rule you're thinking of, I believe, is that in the case that an offer sheet is presented to an RFA, that RFA cannot be traded in his first season with the team he ends up with.

I would think Conk will be sent down to Grand Rapids, if he clears waivers.

He'll clear without a doubt. He has the worst stats out of any goalie who has played ten games or more.

Edited by Crymson

"I think it was a sniper that shoot me in the leg in the corner," Datsyuk joked. "I fall. That's why I pull the puck back with my stick. I just throw it to the middle. Bert (Bertuzzi) got it. We're still looking (for the sniper). We have to watch, see what happened."

LOL Datsyuk talking about the first goal.

That pass by Zetterberg was like whoa

No Doubt! Z checked over his shoulder a loooong time before ever getting to the puck and passing it, yet it was perfectly placed for a streaking Datsyuk.

Lidstrom's pass to the boards worked really well and spreading out the D, so that by the time Pavs finally got the puck the middle wasn't all clogged up.

Props to Babcock for knowing we needed the old D & Z magic tonite.

Then i got to listen to Vancouver's Team 1040 sports guy talk about how awesome pavel's goal was, to totally deke Suter and Rinne for a last second game winner. he goes, "I mean it was Suter and Rinne for crying out loud!" Pavel is so fluid with his dekes, he really can committ way deeper into a deke than anyone I've ever seen before.

We all really need to start sending Christmas cards to Haken Andersson every year.

Edited by T.Low

the way lidstrom made that pass--without even looking--reminded me of igor larionov. and then the goal...i felt bad for cheering loud enough to wake my kids, but damn!!

No Doubt! Z checked over his shoulder a loooong time before ever getting to the puck and passing it, yet it was perfectly placed for a streaking Datsyuk.

Lidstrom's pass to the boards worked really well and spreading out the D, so that by the time Pavs finally got the puck the middle wasn't all clogged up.

Props to Babcock for knowing we needed the old D & Z magic tonite.

Then i got to listen to Vancouver's Team 1040 sports guy talk about how awesome pavel's goal was, to totally deke Suter and Rinne for a last second game winner. he goes, "I mean it was Suter and Rinne for crying out loud!" Pavel is so fluid with his dekes, he really can committ way deeper into a deke than anyone I've ever seen before.

We all really need to start sending Christmas cards to Haken Andersson every year.

im reading comments by nashville fans on HF boards and they are blaming Suter for getting deked out. they don't realize that Pash does this almost everygame to the best of them. it just happened that this resulted in a goal in the last 5 seconds.

im reading comments by nashville fans on HF boards and they are blaming Suter for getting deked out. they don't realize that Pash does this almost everygame to the best of them. it just happened that this resulted in a goal in the last 5 seconds.

They are also saying they need to get rid of him. I'll take him

Sharks say they hoped DET was still on their streak so they could break it. I love it because in my mind I've had this upcoming game against the Sharks circled on the calendar. I can't stand how the Sharks currently have the Wings' number and I really want the Wings to beat their asses.

I had a dream about the Sharks game last night. It's kind of a blur, but the Sharks were leading most of the game, we tie it up at 3 and win in OT. Then I woke up and remembered what an amazing thing Datsyuk did last night. I keep re-watching his buzzer beater and I can't get this huge ass ******* grin off my face. I love it. I also love Dats reaction. I love seeing that guy happy.

You always hear about goalies 'knowing' Dats is going backhand, just like his break earlier in the game that went just wide. I think Suter thought he knew too.

I thought it was hilarious on NHL Live they were talking about Montreal/Buffalo game and the Hal Gill deal. One of the guys said at least Gill can console Suter after being undressed and embarrassed by Pavel. Haha, they were not even talking about the Wings game. This streak just became even more memorable.

Edited by rrasco

I had a dream about the Sharks game last night. It's kind of a blur, but the Sharks were leading most of the game, we tie it up at 3 and win in OT.

Definitely a nice sentiment since a win is a win but nothing would be better for me tomorrow than a 6-0 win for the Wings. Can't wait for that game.

My link

It should go without saying that, when you win 21 homes games in a row, you're a team firing on all cylinders. But let's be clear, as tight a game as the Red Wings are playing right now, it helps that one of those cylinders is a tiny Russian wizard named Pavel Datsyuk.

With the game tied 1-1 and just five seconds left in regulation against the Predators on Friday, Datsyuk took a feed from Henrik Zetterberg at the blue line, froze All-Star defenseman Ryan Suter with a juke, then cut inside and went high blocker side on Pekka Rinne to win the game, 2-1, and extend the Red Wings' record home win streak to 22. It was nuts:

Not pictured: Ryan Suter trying desperately to gather his intestines after Datsyuk turns him inside out.

Clearly, there's a reason Datsyuk was taken first overall at the All-Star Draft last month: he can make a quality defenseman like Suter look that bad. Incredible. What's next? Making Shea Weber look silly while lying on his stomach?

Oh, wait. He did that, too.

Datsyuk also helped to set up the Red Wings' opening goal despite blowing a tire and falling along the near boards. As Weber approached to collect the loose puck, Datsyuk fed Todd Bertuzzi from his belly to kick off a two-on-one down-low:

It's a good thing Lidstrom's on his team, or Datsyuk might have punked him, too. What a night for the Red Wing center.

And thus, the Red Wings' won their 22nd consecutive home game because Pavel Datsyuk singlehandedly bamboozled the best defensive tandem in hockey.

He's pretty good, is all I'm saying.

LoL Great article on Yahoo!

I laugh at anyone trying to argue Pavel isn't the best player in the NHL today.

So that Pavel goal last night, imo, will probably be THE play/goal of the year. When awood on YouTube comes up with his Top 10 goals of the year, that goal will be #1. It doesn't get anymore perfect than that. In fact, I dare the Wings to pull off something more perfect. :cool:

Definitely a nice sentiment since a win is a win but nothing would be better for me tomorrow than a 6-0 win for the Wings. Can't wait for that game.

I'm right there with ya. Hell, why not make it 8-0? You know, just to remind em who daddy is.