• Please log in to reply
329 replies to this topic

#321 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

I had a dream about the Sharks game last night. It's kind of a blur, but the Sharks were leading most of the game, we tie it up at 3 and win in OT.

Definitely a nice sentiment since a win is a win but nothing would be better for me tomorrow than a 6-0 win for the Wings. Can't wait for that game.

#322 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:27 PM

My link

It should go without saying that, when you win 21 homes games in a row, you're a team firing on all cylinders. But let's be clear, as tight a game as the Red Wings are playing right now, it helps that one of those cylinders is a tiny Russian wizard named Pavel Datsyuk.

With the game tied 1-1 and just five seconds left in regulation against the Predators on Friday, Datsyuk took a feed from Henrik Zetterberg at the blue line, froze All-Star defenseman Ryan Suter with a juke, then cut inside and went high blocker side on Pekka Rinne to win the game, 2-1, and extend the Red Wings' record home win streak to 22. It was nuts:

Not pictured: Ryan Suter trying desperately to gather his intestines after Datsyuk turns him inside out.
Clearly, there's a reason Datsyuk was taken first overall at the All-Star Draft last month: he can make a quality defenseman like Suter look that bad. Incredible. What's next? Making Shea Weber look silly while lying on his stomach?
Oh, wait. He did that, too.
Datsyuk also helped to set up the Red Wings' opening goal despite blowing a tire and falling along the near boards. As Weber approached to collect the loose puck, Datsyuk fed Todd Bertuzzi from his belly to kick off a two-on-one down-low:

It's a good thing Lidstrom's on his team, or Datsyuk might have punked him, too. What a night for the Red Wing center.
And thus, the Red Wings' won their 22nd consecutive home game because Pavel Datsyuk singlehandedly bamboozled the best defensive tandem in hockey.
He's pretty good, is all I'm saying.

LoL Great article on Yahoo!
I laugh at anyone trying to argue Pavel isn't the best player in the NHL today.

#323 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

So that Pavel goal last night, imo, will probably be THE play/goal of the year. When awood on YouTube comes up with his Top 10 goals of the year, that goal will be #1. It doesn't get anymore perfect than that. In fact, I dare the Wings to pull off something more perfect. :cool:

#324 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

Definitely a nice sentiment since a win is a win but nothing would be better for me tomorrow than a 6-0 win for the Wings. Can't wait for that game.

I'm right there with ya. Hell, why not make it 8-0? You know, just to remind em who daddy is.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#325 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

“Five seconds left, you can’t let the best player in the world have a breakaway. That’s what happened,” Suter said. “I got caught turning the wrong way and he made me pay.”

Posted Image

#326 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

He's tradeable. The rule you're thinking of, I believe, is that in the case that an offer sheet is presented to an RFA, that RFA cannot be traded in his first season with the team he ends up with.

He'll clear without a doubt. He has the worst stats out of any goalie who has played ten games or more.

Thanks for the info.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#327 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

If you're going to play for overtime, you need to have the right personnel on the ice.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#328 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:59 PM

If you're going to play for overtime, you need to have the right personnel on the ice.

I'd say Weber and Suter would be the right personnel
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#329 softshoes

softshoes

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

Posted Image
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f***in beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then you got more punishment in store.Stand it like a man, and give some back."

- Al Swearengen

#330 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

Pavel's last minute heroics were out of control

Huge thanks to the freeredwingstv guy...I streamed this game to my EVO 3D while my wife drove through Tennessee!

GO WINGS!!
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)