• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

2012 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - February 27th, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

I just read on an Mlive article about Spacek. NO THANKS, please and thank you....

*EDIT: I just read that Grabovski is looking for near 5 mill on his new contract so I think Burke's looking to unload him...I dont want to pay him 5 mill and either would kenny but if he bought into our system he'd be worth an easy 4 mill. He would be great with Z, D or Flip...

Edited by 13dangledangle

Quincey goes back. There's another dman option for the Wings gone.

Actually, maybe not?

Per Bob McKenzie

"I am now hearing TB has traded Kyle Quincey to DET. Working on details but sounds like Quincey to DET for a first-round pick. Verifying."

...and now confirmed! Quincey comes back to Detroit.

"Confirmed. TB trades Kyle Quincey for DET's first round pick."
"DET also trades minor leaguer Sebastien Piche to TB as part of the Kyle Quincey trade."

Pierre just said at one time Nash was an option for DET, but it ain't happening because the price was too high. Also said don't except to see Moen since we already have several of those type of players; namely Abby, Helm, and Flip.

Not that it's extremely significant, and I wouldn't expect a trade with them soon, but a Detroit scout is at the SJS/CBJ game.

We must have been looking at someone though, right?

Edit: Extremely minor news, but news nonetheless: Brandon Segal to Tampa Bay.

My link

Yzerman is like a kid in a Pokemon card shop.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Guest Hatethedrake!

I could see Kenny being interested in Pahlsson. He has alot of playoff experience and could do well on our 4th line. I'd go after Moen, Gaustad and Ruutu first.

We must have been looking at someone though, right?

Edit: Extremely minor news, but news nonetheless: Brandon Segal to Tampa Bay.

My link

Yzerman is like a kid in a Pokemon card shop.

Maybe it was Vermette. He was just dealt to Pheonix. No details yet.

edit: for a 2012 2nd rounder and a 5th (turning into a 4th if Pheonix win a round).

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=388536

Interesting deal. Vermette is not a rental player and Phoenix essentially got him for a 2nd round pick. This is Ottawa's pick too so it won't be a top 15. Seems like a good deal for Phoenix.

Edited by rick zombo

mackenzie tweeting that rutuu signed a 4 year extension in CAR

Great news. The Wings weren't going to get him anyway, and now teams that could really use the help in the West are boxed out too. This will also increase the asking price of any top-six winger rumored to be on the move, making it more difficult for San Jose, LA, Nashville, and St Louis to improve on their top six without massive over payment. Meeee likey.

I don't really understand Carolina signing Ruutu to this extension. While I thought he was the kind of guy who would help us out in the playoffs, I don't think he's the type of guy you pay 4.75 million a year to and build your team around. He's a good player but not that good, and not for that price. He's only broke 20 goals twice in his career. Better them than us I guess.