• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

2012 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - February 27th, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Unfortunately the Ducks have gone on a bit of a tear lately after being way out of it earlier in the month. Really the only teams in the West that can be written off are Edmonton and C-bus.

We can probably get Hemsky but I do not see why Wings would need him.

OHHH, I hope, I hope, I hope...! :w00t2:

Meanwhile, I think that Selanne's coming here (and Stuart going to the West Coast) is one of the more logical scenarios out there. We shall see...:cool:

I don't think Stuart gets traded. He's vital to a Cup win. I think we'd rather lose him for nothing after winning the Cup than trade him now and risk throwing our defensive depth out of whack for a scorer who might get cold at the worst possible time. I think the Quincey trade shows that Holland wanted a replacement locked up before the bidding wars of the off-season hits. Meaning he fully intends on keeping Stuart.

The plan is for Kenny to sign Suter as a UFA this summer to replace Stuart. The NEXT summer is when Kenny signs Weber as a UFA to replace Nick. See it all works out. :thumbup:

Suter - Weber

Kronwall - Smith

Quincey - Kindl

That's not a top 6 I'd like to play against

True. But 6 mil from the Wings or 8.5+ mil from the Panthers or Islanders or some other crap team wanting to reach the floor. He will take that massive overpayment. I'd love for both players to be here, but not at 7mil+ for each.

Yea agreed, 95% of the time players will go to where ever pays the most but all I'm saying is its possible... Mostly wishful thinking but possible

Teams can offer all the money they want. What they can't offer is playing with Hank/Pav/Howard and possibly Nick along with the treatment that being a Red Wings provides.

And how is this news conjecture when the writer clearly states it's from a person with knowledge of the team's plans? Nowhere does it state that the source was Twitter or Bleacher Report? I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that a writer for SI isn't using message boards as their primary source. And if he was, I hope he's smart enough to site them.

Regarding the Devils finances, this is an interesting read, and from the player himself no less:

Parise doesn’t expect Devils’ financial troubles to impact his future with team

So, money and winning? Wings can offer both.

Again, refer to the post above. Neither of those teams can offer a higher potential for winning than the Wings. It's also pure assumption you're going on that there is "0% chance he'll be a Wing" and that "he will take that massive overpayment" unless you can site a direct quote.

Find me any good teammate that has said, "this place sucks, get me out of here". Obviously the financial strains in the Devils won't effect Parise if they offer him the money...but they can't.

I was right about every single UFA and RFA this past summer about not signing here. Holland is predictable and has set trends. Those trends say Parise and Weber are not signing here before or during their primes. Quote me on it. Bet me on it. I want Parise and Weber here as bad as the next person, but it's just not happening.

Find me any good teammate that has said, "this place sucks, get me out of here". Obviously the financial strains in the Devils won't effect Parise if they offer him the money...but they can't.

I was right about every single UFA and RFA this past summer about not signing here. Holland is predictable and has set trends. Those trends say Parise and Weber are not signing here before or during their primes. Quote me on it. Bet me on it. I want Parise and Weber here as bad as the next person, but it's just not happening.

Those "trends" are because the Wings simply haven't needed to overpay up to this point. When Lids retires, I'd bet anything Holland will do absolutely everything he can to fix the hemorrhage. When guys like Stuart leave, that's what the band-aids are for.

No way in hell Holland all of a sudden goes against the cornerstone of his success in his time here. Defense first, serviceable goaltending and a strong offense: he'll stick to his proven recipe. Meaning, guys like Suter or Weber will be signed before a guy like Parise is. Then whatever money is left, throw at the offense.

As much as I hope and pray for both Parise and Suter, I am afraid you may be right. Perfect example being Wisniewski. He signed with Columbus for a way overpayment, not even regarding the chances of winning a Stanley Cup. Look where he is sitting right now....I had said when he signed that he would not finish his contract out in Columbus and I really believe it. Heck, if they are willing to get rid of Nash, then nobody is untouchable really.

With more and more elite teams adopting the Red Wings model of running a franchise, players are going to have to start accepting less cash for the chance to win now or just follow the money around and forever be a "never-been." I just don't underdstand some players, but if to them it's all about money, then it's their own fault...

Honestly, besides the obvious mathematical answer, what is the difference between $6.5M and $8.0M? You could be a Champion or never make the playoffs let alone win anything...but sure glad you got that extra $1.5M to play more golf with!

Parise in Detroit for less makes him a multiple Champion, $8.0M+ in Carolina or Buffalo? Not.....

Back on subject, I like the Quincey pick up, Migity Mac© has solidified the goalie position. If Holland isn't getting a sniper, then give me Ott or Morrow and tighten your seatbelts for the playoff grind! (I know Ott has a NTC, but they can always be waived to the right team.)

According to Cap Geek:

2009-10 Detroit Red Wings: Spending = $58,827,920 Cap Space = $0

2010-11 Detroit Red Wings: Spending = $59,497,095 Cap Space = $44,155

2011-12 Detroit Red Wings: Spending = $59,119,568 Cap Space = $4,730,432

Well ya, it isn't difficult to predict Holland being inactive at the deadline with a whopping $44k in the bank last year! We also had to sign Lidstrom, Ericsson, White, as well as plan for Kronwall's raise in that year/off-season. You're able to call them "trends" because there simply hasn't been money to spend on UFA's/RFA's without throwing in a player or pick in trade; now there is money. This isn't conjecture or speculation either, it's cold, hard numbers.

Going into next season the Wings will have Pav, Hank, Mule, Flip, Cleary, Bert, Eaves, Miller, Mursak, Emmerton, Ericsson, White, Kronwall, Kindl, Howard, and MacDonald ALL locked up for at least one more year. And if Cap Geek is correct, the Wings will have $22 million in cap space to sign players.

Assuming as you are, that Suter, Weber, Parise, or any other big name player won't be pursued, is just your opinion based on the dealings of a GM who hasn't had the money or roster spots available to him. Now he has both.

According to Cap Geek:

Well ya, it isn't difficult to predict Holland being inactive at the deadline with a whopping $44k in the bank last year! We also had to sign Lidstrom, Ericsson, White, as well as plan for Kronwall's raise in that year/off-season. You're able to call them "trends" because there simply hasn't been money to spend on UFA's/RFA's without throwing in a player or pick in trade; now there is money. This isn't conjecture or speculation either, it's cold, hard numbers.

Going into next season the Wings will have Pav, Hank, Mule, Flip, Cleary, Bert, Eaves, Miller, Mursak, Emmerton, Ericsson, White, Kronwall, Kindl, Howard, and MacDonald ALL locked up for at least one more year. And if Cap Geek is correct, the Wings will have $22 million in cap space to sign players.

Assuming as you are, that Suter, Weber, Parise, or any other big name player won't be pursued, is just your opinion based on the dealings of a GM who hasn't had the money or roster spots available to him. Now he has both.

There will be big names coming in if nick retires. There is no way the wings will sit on a surplus of cap space. This team has always done all it can for the best competitive edge. I doubt that will change for a very long time.

some tweets to back up Tim.D

@TSNBobMcKenzie: LAK and CBJ are working hard to get a Jeff Carter trade done -- Jack Johnson's name featured prominently as well -- but told not done. Yet.

@DarrenDreger: Sources say Carter to LA is possible...perhaps, likely, but not imminent. Minute by minute watch now.

CBJ and LAK working on a trade to send Carter to LAK

Spector's Hockey ‏ @SpectorsHockey

Rumblings the Kings and Blue Jackets working on a trade which would ship Carter to L.A. Stay tuned....

Hmmmmm If this is true would be a good move for LAK, depending on what they would have to give up. However, if we stand pat through the whole deadline process, I will be disappointed. We still need that 1 -2 players to put us over the hump. IMO. We need PP / PPK / help desperately. The deeper we go into the playoffs, the more it will show. Amoung other things.... :siren:

Well, this means Mike Richards gets an old friend in LA!

If I hear anything else involving JC I'll let you guys know. This trade would leave NYR and SJ to get Nash... Likely at the draft.

Am I the only one who thinks the Kings aren't deep on defence at.. all? Trading Johnson would be crazy, even with Voynov or whatever his name is in the minors.

Doughty-Scuderi

Mitchell-Voynov

Greene-Martinez

That is AWFUL! I don't care if Carter gets his game back, or if Quick stands on his head. That defence cannot get the job done IMO. Also if Columbus aren't getting Bernier back in the deal I'll be surprised as to what Howson is thinking. He won't get a goalie of that calibre or better without paying a Kings ransom.

According to Cap Geek:

I never once said Holland won't pursue these players so stop making things up. Holland had a buttload of cap space to work with this offseason and didn't use it to replace Rafalski. He got Ian White for a great deal. Holland goes for great deals. Signing these big name players aren't going to be good deals. But I digress. You'll see once the trade deadline has come and gone and once next season begins how right I am. Go Wings?

Nick Kypreos ‏ @RealKyper Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

#SNtrade. Plenty talk with #Stars Steve Ott. Teams that showed interest include #Canucks #Leafs #Flyers. Stars want significant piece back

And my reply: Tim Denninger ‏ @tdenninger

@RealKyper tell the red wings to show interest.... haha