• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

2012 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - February 27th, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

If you are Jack Johnson your life sucks... NOW! For real though, if I got traded to the Blue Jackets I would hit an all time low depression level. Totally sucks for him. As far as the trade, its a pretty fair trade I say, 1st and JJ for Carter; Eh actually I think Columbus gets the slight edge.

Look here's the reality: Holland wants to have flexibility to take a serious run at Suter, Webber or Parise in the offseason. So anyone they add will probably be:

A) An RFA or UFA this summer

or

B) Affordable going forward (or with a comparable salary going the other way)

or

C) Too good a deal to pass up

Holland's going to want to have enough cap space available to keep Lidstrom around (assuming he doesn't retire) AND sign Suter/Webber/Parise.

Anyone who thinks Holland should load up on non-expiring contracts right now just because he's got the room under the cap is a fool. There's no way Holland jeopardizes future success at this stage.

Look here's the reality: Holland wants to have flexibility to take a serious run at Suter, Webber or Parise in the offseason. So anyone they add will probably be:

or

or

Holland's going to want to have enough cap space available to keep Lidstrom around (assuming he doesn't retire) AND sign Suter/Webber/Parise.

Anyone who thinks Holland should load up on non-expiring contracts right now just because he's got the room under the cap is a fool. There's no way Holland jeopardizes future success at this stage.

Agree with your points but Webber he cant do anything about this off season. Webber is an RFA and Preds would match any offer sheet and I dont see them trading him to Detroit in the off season either due to a)hatred b)inter division rival. If Webber makes it to ufa the season after for sure holland will be so down...

How are studies going right now btw? You still in school? I was choked with tonights game.

Edited by Probie

So Carter and Richards now both live in Los Angeles.

And their partying in Philly supposedly caused problems for the Flyers, wonder what it will be like there.

Drinking sex on the beach in Malibu and getting DUIs

...I wish Holland tried to get him.

Since we don't have him, that would mean Holland has already failed in that regard. Just sayin...

I thought Jack Johnson was supposed to be the phashizzle. Why does he keep getting traded?

Guest irishock

Honestly, right now I just pray it's not Samuelsson who Kenny gets ph34r.gif

I was OK with Samuelsson when he was with us for '09. This would sound like such a traditional Kenny Holland type of move if it happened. Probably would give up a 3rd rounder for the guy, and I wouldn't be opposed to it. Right handed shot also.

If you are Jack Johnson your life sucks... NOW! For real though, if I got traded to the Blue Jackets I would hit an all time low depression level. Totally sucks for him. As far as the trade, its a pretty fair trade I say, 1st and JJ for Carter; Eh actually I think Columbus gets the slight edge.

Yeah, he's got to be Blue going from LA to the Buckeye state. Double ouch for him. I would have to go out and buy a new Ferrari just to have something to smile about. (Can you get a blue Ferrari?)

Edited by T.Low

Because he is overrated offensive garbage.

No idea why people assume he is so valuable despite his play. He has been a terrible disappointment for the Kings.

That's overstating it just a bit.

Honestly I'm not much of a fan, but I get what people see in him. He's big, can throw huge hits, great puck mover and offensively talented (he was often in the shootout for the Kings). But his decisionmaking has always been suspect. And has not improved. He'll step up to make a big hit at the worst possible time, leading to a breakaway or two on one.

Yeah, he's got to be Blue going from LA to the Buckeye state. Double ouch for him. I would have to go out and buy a new Ferrari just to have something to smile about. (Can you get a blue Ferrari?)

Yeah playing college hockey at UofM and now playing NHL hockey there is a low blow. I'd hate to play for such a s***ty franchise. I don't think there's a single perk playing there. No blue Ferraris but I'm sure he's got some extra change for a custom paint job ;)

As per Bob McKenzie on Twitter:

BOS, BUF, EDM, NJD, NYR, PHI, TOR, VAN are amongst teams with high levels of interest in Brown. #TradeCentre #TSN

Wonder if the Wings have shown any interest at all.

As per Bob McKenzie on Twitter:

Wonder if the Wings have shown any interest at all.

I hope so. Brown's got 2 more years at just over 3 a season and he's a huge upgrade over Hudler and Cleary. Its rumored LA is looking for a young defenseman and solid secondary scorer in return. Unless LA will take Hudler (ufa) or Cleary, I.don't see this happening.

Guest stinky fish taco

Its rumored LA is looking for a young defenseman and solid secondary scorer in return.

commence the kindl+hudler proposals 203uT.gif

LAST UPDATED (2-24-2012, 10:36 AM ET)

February 23, 2012 (1 Total Transaction)

Los Angeles Acquires: (F) Jeff Carter

Columbus Acquires: (D) Jack Johnson, 1st-Round Pick (2013-conditional)

I minus'ed you for not using colorful fonts! :P

esteef

I hope so. Brown's got 2 more years at just over 3 a season and he's a huge upgrade over Hudler and Cleary. Its rumored LA is looking for a young defenseman and solid secondary scorer in return. Unless LA will take Hudler (ufa) or Cleary, I.don't see this happening.

I dont' know why they'd be looking for a young D-man. If anything they could use some more experience on the blueline. They got rid of JJ but have this kid Voynov, Doughty and Martinez are young. And Greene and Drewisky are only in their late 20s.

Like a lot of teams, they need a true goal scorer.

or

or

I thnk your assumptions are pretty accurate. That being said I could see (or maybe I just hope) the Wings being interested in Brown. No way the Kings deal him to the Wings (as they are very possibly first round opponents) but if they did I could see Brown being a perect fit on the Wings. He's 27, has two more years at $3.125M anbd is a 25+ goal scorer.