• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

2012 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - February 27th, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

I thnk your assumptions are pretty accurate. That being said I could see (or maybe I just hope) the Wings being interested in Brown. No way the Kings deal him to the Wings (as they are very possibly first round opponents) but if they did I could see Brown being a perect fit on the Wings. He's 27, has two more years at $3.125M anbd is a 25+ goal scorer.

I don't know why the Kings would move Brown unless he was packaged for an elite scorer.

They can't score goals, and Brown is second on the team with 15 (to Kopitar's 17). They already traded away their leading goal scoring D man.

Guest Crymson

I think many people here forget at times that the Red Wings organization is a business. The success of that business is largely contingent upon the team being successful every season. Does this mean winning the Cup every season? Of course not, as experience has shown. But it's very important that the team always be a contender. Mortgaging the future for one shot at the Cup is very bad business. It makes far more sense for the organization to, say, make it to the second or third round five years in a row than it does for the team to win the Cup and then sink into mediocrity for lack of a farm.

I think many people here forget at times that the Red Wings organization is a business. The success of that business is largely contingent upon the team being successful every season. Does this mean winning the Cup every season? Of course not, as experience has shown. But it's very important that the team always be a contender. Mortgaging the future for one shot at the Cup is very bad business. It makes far more sense for the organization to, say, make it to the second or third round five years in a row than it does for the team to win the Cup and then sink into mediocrity for lack of a farm.

I plused you for this. I would like to say though, Detroit most certainly are in the business of winning. This business, for Detroit, includes winning an actual cup every now and then on top of consistently winning in the regular season. I know Holland is building for the future and no one here, if secretly polled, would choose a cup this year in return for 5 years of not making the playoffs. But this team is closer than 2011 and 2010's teams were and closer(maybe - depending on how free agent season goes) than any team in the next 2-3 years might be. I mean let's face it, the home-grown core is getting older. Anyway, I guess all I'm trying to say is a guy like Brown, with a cap hit of 3+M wouldn't tie Holland's hands as far as free agency goes, and I don't think trading ONE of Jarnkrok or Jurco or Oullett or Tatar or, hell, even Nyquist along with a 2nd round pick or Cleary or, EVEN Filpulla would jeopordize any business related success moving forward. Maybe if Holland went uber-crazy every year at the deadline, but that won't happen.

Edited by rick zombo

I don't know why the Kings would move Brown unless he was packaged for an elite scorer.

They can't score goals, and Brown is second on the team with 15 (to Kopitar's 17). They already traded away their leading goal scoring D man.

I'm not disagreeing with that at all. But if he were available..

Just an observation, last night's game was a perfect indicator that the Red Wings NEED a top line scorer that shows up every night to play. I certain hope Holland addresses this problem by the deadline because these are the teams we are going to be facing in the playoffs....Vancouver, San Jose, St. Louis...even Chicago still gives us fits. Please Kenny....PLEASE! WE NEED A REAL CLUTCH SCORING WINGER!

friends, i would advise against betting him on it. he will end up asking mods to have your posts deleted to remove the evidence.

Mods don't remove any posts unless they break the forum rules.

Baiting does break the rules. You might want to read up on that one.

Just an observation, last night's game was a perfect indicator that the Red Wings NEED a top line scorer that shows up every night to play...

I absolutely agree and think they need a shooter in general; I just don't know where they're going to find one without giving up more in trade than they can really afford for the future.

Just an observation, last night's game was a perfect indicator that the Red Wings NEED a top line scorer that shows up every night to play. I certain hope Holland addresses this problem by the deadline because these are the teams we are going to be facing in the playoffs....Vancouver, San Jose, St. Louis...even Chicago still gives us fits. Please Kenny....PLEASE! WE NEED A REAL CLUTCH SCORING WINGER!

Exactly! Come playoffs when zetterburg and datsyuk are being focused on being s*** down we will need scoring from spmeone else. Look at the last two years. Zetterburg was placed to focus on thortons line. However thorton was shutting down z. We lacked the scoring with franzens ankle hurt. Guys get hurt in the playoffs u have to be deep.

Hemsky has just signed a 2-year deal with Edmonton for 10 mil. According to tsn.ca/nhl/ LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Good, mark him off Kenny's list (hopefully). :P

Great, so this means Hudler is gonna ask for $5M+ again this summer....Holland will never pay him that much...me either. Hudler @ $3.25M sounds better...

On topic...SHEESH! How did he rate $5M a year? Are these owners on crack?

Unbelievable: http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=388774

ALSO...

http://tsn.ca/tradecentre/story/?id=388764

Not sure if it had been mentioned.....Preds send Jerrod Smithson to Florida for a pick...6th round pick.

Edited by LeftWinger

http://tsn.ca/tradecentre/feature/?id=56793

...according to this TSN article called Trade Bait, they list Steve Ott as a trade possibility.

Make it happen Kenny!

edit: Just saw that Dallas is currently in 8th place and it looks like it's gonna be a battle the rest of the way and they could very well wind up in 8th at the end. So I guess there is NO WAY that they trade Ott to their possible first round opponent....DAMN!

Edited by LeftWinger

Per michael Russo on twitter: @Russostrib: Text from Kurtis Foster: just informed this second he has been traded back to the #mnwild

NJD adds a fourth rounder as well it looks like.

Unrelated, Patrick Kaleta is not with the Sabres bench to start the 2nd period. Unclear if injury or not.

Hemsky has just signed a 2-year deal with Edmonton for 10 mil. According to tsn.ca/nhl/ LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Good, mark him off Kenny's list (hopefully). :P

I was just talking to a buddy of mine who lives in Edmonton and he's just laughing (He's a Canucks fan). Horcoff at 5.5 million per lol, Tom Gilbert at 4 million per, Whitney at 4 million per and now Hemsky at 5 million per.

Regular Season Playoffs

Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts PIM

1999-00 Pardubice HC Czech 4 0 1 1 0 -- -- -- -- --

2000-01 Hull Olympiques QMJHL 68 36 64 100 67 14 5 2 3 5 2

2001-02 Hull Olympiques QMJHL 53 27 70 97 86 26 10 6 10 16 6

2002-03 Edmonton Oilers NHL 59 6 24 30 14 5 6 0 0 0 0

2003-04 Edmonton Oilers NHL 71 12 22 34 14 -7 -- -- -- -- --

2004-05 Pardubice HC Czech 47 13 18 31 28 -5 16 4 10 14 26

2005-06 Edmonton Oilers NHL 81 19 58 77 64 -5 24 6 11 17 14

2006-07 Edmonton Oilers NHL 64 13 40 53 40 -7 -- -- -- -- --

2007-08 Edmonton Oilers NHL 74 20 51 71 34 -9 -- -- -- -- --

2008-09 Edmonton Oilers NHL 72 23 43 66 32 1 -- -- -- -- --

2009-10 Edmonton Oilers NHL 22 7 15 22 8 7 -- -- -- -- --

2010-11 Edmonton Oilers NHL 47 14 28 42 18 3 -- -- -- -- --

2011-12 Edmonton Oilers NHL 46 5 21 26 27 -14

NHL Totals 536 119 302 421 251 30 6 11 17 14

He has never scored more than 23 goals in a year, he's brutal defensively and he's always hurt.