• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

2012 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - February 27th, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Guest stinky fish taco

Mods don't remove any posts unless they break the forum rules.

you actually believe that? that's cute. fNyMz.gif

Baiting does break the rules. You might want to read up on that one.

accepting a bet that someone else proposes is "baiting"? sure. fNyMz.gif

Hemsky has just signed a 2-year deal with Edmonton for 10 mil. According to tsn.ca/nhl/ LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Good, mark him off Kenny's list (hopefully). :P

Does this mean that we'll have to resign Hudler for an actual zillion dollar?

you actually believe that? that's cute. fNyMz.gif

accepting a bet that someone else proposes is "baiting"? sure. fNyMz.gif

Seeing as how he's a Mod, and you're not, I'd bet NFM25 knows more about post removal and LGW's Forum Rules than you do. And since this thread is about the Trade Deadline, and not an open debate of rules enforcement, I'd strongly suggest you keep any further discussion on topic.

LAST UPDATED (2-24-2012, 11:42 PM ET)

New Jersey Acquires: (D) Marek Zidlicky

Minnesota Acquires: (D) Kurtis Foster, (F) Nick Palmieri, (F) Stephane Veilleux, 2nd round pick in 2012 and a conditional draft pick in 2013

Hudler is a UFA this summer, correct? If so, his asking price just got higher and most likely he doesn't return to the Wings. Wonder if Holland will try harder to trade him now? Not an ideal situation as he is much needed depth scoring.

Minnesota bloody murder NJ on that trade. What was Lou thinking? LOL. Too many so far and keep em coming till Monday : )

See that's the problem, lou wasn't thinking. :lol:

I can't think of a logical reason why they would give out that much for Zidlicky, considering the other defensemen out there they could have gotten for that price.

Hudler is a UFA this summer, correct? If so, his asking price just got higher and most likely he doesn't return to the Wings. Wonder if Holland will try harder to trade him now? Not an ideal situation as he is much needed depth scoring.

Ya, I mentioned this earlier saying now Hudler is gonna ask for at least $5M. I think Holland will just let him go over the summer. No one will want a pending UFA in trade, so he won't be traded at the deadline. I certainly hope and pray that Holland doesn't give him anything above $3.25M.

See that's the problem, lou wasn't thinking. :lol:

I can't think of a logical reason why they would give out that much for Zidlicky, considering the other defensemen out there they could have gotten for that price.

Especially since Zidlicky was so vocal about wanting to be traded. You'd think that would make his price go down.

Ya, I mentioned this earlier saying now Hudler is gonna ask for at least $5M. I think Holland will just let him go over the summer. No one will want a pending UFA in trade, so he won't be traded at the deadline. I certainly hope and pray that Holland doesn't give him anything above $3.25M.

If I were Holland I would let him walk or trade him atleast. If we have any shot at Parise and/or Suter we are gonna have to part with some players in order to make it happen and Lidstrom if he comes back is gonna have to take a pay cut. I think its about time he does so anyway given the fact that he is over 40 years old. Sure we have him at a discount but I would say to his benefit he has had the chance to play for an owner that would never trade him and has paid him 11 million per year at one point. These players mak too much anyways but if we expect to get players of this caliber we have to be prepared to pony up the cash. This is what I hate about the salary floor. Teams that have no business spending that much money are giving players inflated contracts just to meet the criteria. Doesn't that screw with the pay scale for everyone else? The other thing I hate as well is players like Brian Campbell can be unloaded and thus helping teams that pay stupid contracts get out from underneath them.

Sorry for getting off topic, just felt like venting.

If I were Holland I would let him walk or trade him atleast. If we have any shot at Parise and/or Suter we are gonna have to part with some players in order to make it happen and Lidstrom if he comes back is gonna have to take a pay cut. I think its about time he does so anyway given the fact that he is over 40 years old. Sure we have him at a discount but I would say to his benefit he has had the chance to play for an owner that would never trade him and has paid him 11 million per year at one point. These players mak too much anyways but if we expect to get players of this caliber we have to be prepared to pony up the cash. This is what I hate about the salary floor. Teams that have no business spending that much money are giving players inflated contracts just to meet the criteria. Doesn't that screw with the pay scale for everyone else? The other thing I hate as well is players like Brian Campbell can be unloaded and thus helping teams that pay stupid contracts get out from underneath them.

Sorry for getting off topic, just felt like venting.

It's ok to vent pal, its all good.... I hope Hudler doesn't return, to be honest. Trade him for a Jets Pizza, bag of pucks, or let him walk.

Yeah, who needs his 18 goals? What a scrub.

2nd in team scoring 18 goals, no less.

Only reason he's second on the team in scoring is because Zetterberg is having an off year. He won't be worth the money that he will ask for at the end of this season, guaranteed. It's fine to mark out over him like you're doing, but for the money he will want, they could get someone bigger who scores as much or more....

Yeah, who needs his 18 goals? What a scrub.

2nd in team scoring 18 goals, no less.

I forgot to add, IF that Parise talk is true about his wishes to go to Detroit, someone would have to go.... There wouldn't be room for him in the Top 6 someone has to drop to the second line.....Would be too much money for a 3rd or 4th line player.

Parise Datsyuk Bertuzzi

Filppula Zetterberg Mule

I would lose Hudler for Parise in a heart-beat. And I wouldn't' want Hudler for 5 million, either. But some people act like Hudler is worthless which is clearly not the case. Even if Zetterberg weren't having an off year Hudler would still be 3rd in scoring. Nothing to sneeze at. Until we get someone who is a bona-fide improvement over Hudler (Parise) we need to keep him. Don't trade him for a bottom 6er is basically what I'm saying.

If Wolski is available on waivers which I just read he is, We should try and get him. He is a depth player and we could pick him up without having to giving anything up. His stats are good in the playoffs too. What do you guys think? He is a restricted free agent at the end of the year and if we don't want him we could just trade him.

Nevermind he was just traded.

Edited by Diluvian04

McKenzie is saying that the 'Nucks are "big time" in on Steve Ott....God if they get Ott I will be sick....come on Kenny make it happen!

Details?

Wolski to the Panthers for what looks like a third round pick at the moment.

They are pushing for Nash big time.

McKenzie is saying that the 'Nucks are "big time" in on Steve Ott....God if they get Ott I will be sick....come on Kenny make it happen!

:

Details?

Went to Panthers, but still waiting on details.

Edit: 3rd rounder and minor leaguer goingto nyr

Edit 2:

@TSNBobMcKenzie: #TradeCentre NYR trade Wojtek Wolski to FLA for defenceman Mike Vernace and a 3rd round pick in 2013.
Edited by Ozzie30

McKenzie just tweeted that Vancouver has just put Ballard on LTIR, clearing 4.2 million in cap space. Then he referenced OTT in caps. I sure hope this has no legitimacy. I would hate to see Ott go to Vancouver.

Here was the tweet:

Bob McKenzie ‏ @TSNBobMcKenzie Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

VAN put Keith Ballard on LTIR, Creates $4.2M worth of cap space. May be setting up for deal. Maybe I Ott to look into that. #TradeCentre