• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

2012 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - February 27th, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

I would lose Hudler for Parise in a heart-beat. And I wouldn't' want Hudler for 5 million, either. But some people act like Hudler is worthless which is clearly not the case. Even if Zetterberg weren't having an off year Hudler would still be 3rd in scoring. Nothing to sneeze at. Until we get someone who is a bona-fide improvement over Hudler (Parise) we need to keep him. Don't trade him for a bottom 6er is basically what I'm saying.

Agreed. Its amazing how undervalued he is. Hes got like 6 points less than nash at 5 mill less. People just knock him for his size but he has been winning battles all over the place this season.

There was a funny tweet, saying Ballards injury is an 'upper salary' . Wont return before the playoffs, but will be ready for the playoffs. And of course no Cap in the playoffs. Pretty sly there in Vancouver.

Edited by miller76

I can't believe some of you want Ott... dude is a complete tool!

I want Gaustad all day every day over a guy like Ott

I wouldn't want him neither.

Here is a tweet from Nick Kypreos:

Nick Kypreos ‏ @RealKyper Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

#SNtrade. 3 teams that have heavy interest in #Stars Steve Ott are #Leafs #Flyers and #Canucks. Philly reluctant to move Van Riemsdyk

Edited by miller76

I wouldn't want him neither.

Here is a tweet from Nick Kypreos:

Nick Kypreos ‏ @RealKyper Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

#SNtrade. 3 teams that have heavy interest in #Stars Steve Ott are #Leafs #Flyers and #Canucks. Philly reluctant to move Van Riemsdyk

Given that Ott is a douchebag, the Flyers and Canucks seem like the best fit.

I am realizing that if Holland had no interest in Downie, then he probably has no interest in Ott. I certainly hope this is not another deadline with nothing coming to Detroit, because if Quincey is all he gets, then it may be a long summer....I just have a sickening feeling....PLEASE I HOPE I AM WRONG!!!

Guest The Production Line

Nashville trying to get Nash?

NASHVILLE: Here's an interesting take on the Rick Nash sweepstakes.

David Boclair of the Nashville City Paper says several sources have confirmed that Nashville has entered into the dialogue about prying Nash, an elite power forward and the biggest name on the market, away from the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Boclair admits that Nashville may not be the favorite in the sweepstakes, which includes the New York Rangers, the Toronto Maple Leafs and San Jose Sharks -- the team Nashville beat Saturday night -- at the forefront.

But, past history, says Boclair, suggests that David Poile is not afraid to make a big deal and surrender some major assets in the process. Peter Forsberg anyone?

"The Predators have made an offer of their own for the 27-year-old power forward, multiple sources have confirmed," Boclair wrote for Sunday's edition. "While it seems unlikely the Blue Jackets would want to deal their best player to a division opponent that regularly whips up on them, the attempt to get Nash speaks to Poile's attempts to satisfy his top players' desire for more elite talent and to strengthen the team's chances to make a significant playoff run.

"Reports on Saturday indicated that Columbus' asking price for the No. 1 overall pick in the 2002 draft who is signed through the 2017-18 season is understandably high as Monday afternoon's trade deadline approaches.

"The most Nashville has given up at one time was two young first-round draft picks, Scottie Upshall and Ryan Parent, as well as a future first and a third-round pick for Peter Forsberg, a rental player late in 2006-07. Using that deal as a template, Nashville's offer for Nash could include the likes of Colin Wilson (Nash would take his spot in the lineup), Ryan Ellis or Jonathon Blum and multiple other picks and/or prospects."

If Boclair's contentions are on the mark, that certainly throws a wrinkle into the Nash sweepstakes

NHL.com

I am realizing that if Holland had no interest in Downie, then he probably has no interest in Ott. I certainly hope this is not another deadline with nothing coming to Detroit, because if Quincey is all he gets, then it may be a long summer....I just have a sickening feeling....PLEASE I HOPE I AM WRONG!!!

Exactly. This is something that's been little discussed in the fallout of the Quincey trade. Why wasn't Detroit interested in Downie if they really wanted a gritty bottom six guy that can chip in some offense? I don't know the answer, but I hope it's because they've got something else up their sleeves.

1330018618[/url]' post='2261010']

I don't think Stuart gets traded. He's vital to a Cup win. I think we'd rather lose him for nothing after winning the Cup than trade him now and risk throwing our defensive depth out of whack for a scorer who might get cold at the worst possible time. I think the Quincey trade shows that Holland wanted a replacement locked up before the bidding wars of the off-season hits. Meaning he fully intends on keeping Stuart.

I hope you're right. I don't want Stuart to go anywhere. And I hope it's just bad reporting that he's feeling all kinds of pressure from his family to move back to the Wesr Coast.

Blues G Ben Bishop traded to Senators for second round pick. Signed a 1-year deal just before getting traded. TSN's Bob McKenzie

I didn't see that coming. I thought that Halak or Elliot would be moved in a package for a forward and Bishop would be their backup goalie.

It seems to me that Ottawa is the winner in that deal.

Khan with a couple of tweets:

Ansar Khan ‏ @AnsarKhanMLive Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Wings GM Holland said all quiet on the trade front. Not many sellers, few players available. Might change tomorrow.

Holland said he's not looking for a depth defenseman in wake of Ericsson injury, only a decent-sized forward.

Wings don't think Ericsson will need surgery for chip fracture in wrist. Should be back late March, early April at latest.

Ansar Khan ‏ @AnsarKhanMLive Close

It's Kindl's job for now. They also have Commodore, and Holland said they have depth on defense in GR with Smith and Janik.

Edited by miller76

Seems like its been a quiet deadline year so far. Maybe I'm mistaken but it seemed in years past there was a lot more action. This year it seems like just a lot of hype and talk and no one really pulling the trigger thus far. Minus the Carter trade, not a whole lot to talk about. I was kind of hoping i was going to wake up today and things were ganna start rolling. Guess we will have to wait and see for tomorrow. Seems like teams really want to move some players (Nash, Ott ect...) but over valuing what they should get in return has put things at a stand still. Do people think that tomorrow will roll around and GMs will start to take best offers available to make some moves? Or just hold onto their stars once the deadline clock ticks closer and closer.