• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

2012 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - February 27th, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Guest Hatethedrake!

Seems like its been a quiet deadline year so far. Maybe I'm mistaken but it seemed in years past there was a lot more action. This year it seems like just a lot of hype and talk and no one really pulling the trigger thus far. Minus the Carter trade, not a whole lot to talk about. I was kind of hoping i was going to wake up today and things were ganna start rolling. Guess we will have to wait and see for tomorrow. Seems like teams really want to move some players (Nash, Ott ect...) but over valuing what they should get in return has put things at a stand still. Do people think that tomorrow will roll around and GMs will start to take best offers available to make some moves? Or just hold onto their stars once the deadline clock ticks closer and closer.

I don't expect much to happen tomorrow. However we all watch because you never know when that one big trade will happen. The possibility of it makes it interesting. Never underestimate desperate GMs.

Bob McKenzie ‏ @TSNBobMcKenzie Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

COL seems like a hot spot right now. Many teams interested in pending UFAs David Jones, Daniel Winnik and RFA T.J. Galiardi. #TradeCentre

For some reason Winnik has been popping up in my head as an interesting pick up. Anyone else thought if Colorado will deal with Detroit?

Also:

David Pagnotta ‏ @TheFourthPeriod Close

2 guys Habs could deal by deadline RT @renhockey: #canadiens Chris Campoli-Mathieu Darche out vs #panthers

Edited by miller76

Darche hurt. Campoli may be traded though.

Heard from a low-level source inside Isles organization that there have been some rumblings about JT going around. I don't think he'll be traded though.

Edited by Tim.D

Nick Kyperos believes that the Rangers are done pursuing Nash. Price was too high.

David Pagnotta of The Fourth Period believes that Toronto may also be out of the race for Nash.

Looks like the jackets are pricing themselves out of a trade. Maybe they will lower the value one tomorrow rolls around and there arent any buyers in sight

I ponder the merit here:

Kevin Paul Dupont ‏ @GlobeKPD Close

My bets for Boston targets: Pahlsson and Spacek. Although, hear Wings also in on Pahlsson.

I checked up on this and heard "wings are an option", so yes its possible. He also thinks Pahlsson moves by tomorrow at 3.

I am hearing rumblings about Grabaski being available possibly... and if he is I think this would be the best possible pickup for the Wings. He provides skill, speed, good passing, loves to shoot and, most importantly, he gives it his all every shift. I think Kenny should really go after this guy.

I am hearing rumblings about Grabaski being available possibly... and if he is I think this would be the best possible pickup for the Wings. He provides skill, speed, good passing, loves to shoot and, most importantly, he gives it his all every shift. I think Kenny should really go after this guy.

There was some talk earlier on Twitter about Grabvoski, that I can't find now. The tweeter I think speculated SJ was in the lead. I am not so sure about it, but I do know Garth Snow hasn't traded a roster player away at the deadline in 5 years.

Guest irishock

Holland's bringing McCarty, Draper, Ozzy, Maltby out of retirement to fill the void.

C.B. ‏ @NHLSourcesSay Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Teams trying to pry quality out of BUF, as reported here earlier this week, the Wings have interest in Roy, Pominville and Stafford...cont.

Brad May ‏ @maydayhockey Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

#scoop I'm hearing that Paul Gaustad will cost a first round pick if traded! and is looking for a 5-6 year deal at 3 mill

Gaustad :lol: No thanks. 5/6 year deal? Hell no.

Gaustad: 17 points in 56 games. 30 years old.

Winnik: 18 points in 63 games. 26 years old.

If Winnik is dealt before we can get our hands on him, go after Tim Jackman, if he is available. Honest, hard working 4th liner. Only Scott Howson would be dumb enough to trade a bottom 6 gem like Derek Dorsett away. See if he's taking calls on him. Scratch Gaustad off the list. Although Pahlsson is decent in the faceoff circle, I'd like to see us acquire a guy we can keep around for a few years. Pahlsson is 34, and I think it is safe to say that his best days are behind him.

With Gaustad seemingly requiring a 1st rounder to acquire, I'd shutter to know what the asking price for him will be.

These sellers across the board are asking for the farm! Guastad for a 1st rounder? Laughable and ridiculous. I wonder what the price for a guy like Pominville would be.

Hopefully the few sellers are getting a rude awakening because (almost) no one is paying what they're asking. Tomorrow morning they'll wake up, realize they need assets as badly as the teams requesting trades, and lower the asking prices, I hope.

EDIT: The Wings interested in Pominville? Could he possibly be available? I don't see how.

Edited by VM1138

These sellers across the board are asking for the farm! Guastad for a 1st rounder? Laughable and ridiculous. I wonder what the price for a guy like Pominville would be.

Probably a prospect (Tatar?), and a defeseman, at the least. Can't imagine Commodore and a prospect would get Darcy Regier to pull the trigger on a trade. Kindl may be on his way out.