• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

2012 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - February 27th, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

About Nash:

Both Nick Kypreos of Sportsnet and Katie Strang of ESPN New York report that the New York Rangers have backed out of the Rick Nash Derby, as the Columbus Blue Jackets' asking price hasn't come down.

According to the New York Post, the Blue Jackets were angling for 2009 first-rounder Chris Kreider, playing at Boston College, along with defensemen Ryan McDonagh or Michael Del Zotto in a package that should include forward Brandon Dubinsky and a first-round pick as well.

I'd die for Gagner. I wonder if there are any rumors or activity around him.

I don't think you would. He scored a lot over a period of two weeks this season, but he has in general been a constant disappointment and a source of frustration to Oilers fans in the seasons since he was a rookie.

I don't think you would. He scored a lot over a period of two weeks this season, but he has in general been a constant disappointment and a source of frustration to Oilers fans in the seasons since he was a rookie.

I would. Maybe I wouldn't sell the farm for him, but he'd be an incredible pick up. He's 22 and has the skill. Maybe the fact he hasn't lived up to expectations would lower his price. Maybe a couple prospects and a pick? They need D. I think it'd be worth it.

Edited by Z and D for the C

I have been on twitter for an embarrassing amount of time today. I have posted a lot today, but I have read even more about Nash. The consensus is he will not be traded til summer, due to Howson's demands. Just too steep for some clubs. I can't blame the NYR for not blowing up the team to acquire him. They are already a good team. But Nashville has popped up on numerous tweets today of opinions of these columnists and bloggers, and insiders.

Also there were tweets and retweets earlier, saying that Dallas is asking for the farm for Ott. Not necessarily going to trade him, but is entertaining offers. And that the Canucks are ready to overpay for him.

I could definitely see Pahlsson being the forward acquired tomorrow. That just screams of a Holland-type move. I would prefer Moen or Gaustad more, but Pahlsson could step in as the 4th line center and kill penalties/win faceoffs which would be an upgrade over Emmerton. I know the asking prices are out of control, but I doubt Pahlsson would ultimately cost too much relative to the market.

Guest Crymson

I would. Maybe I wouldn't sell the farm for him, but he'd be an incredible pick up. He's 22 and has the skill. Maybe the fact he hasn't lived up to expectations would lower his price. Maybe a couple prospects and a pick? They need D. I think it'd be worth it.

If you dislike Franzen's regular-season work ethic, then Gagner would drive you nuts.

I wonder what the price is for Nikolai Kulemin these days. I know Burke isn't going to lose his own sense of rationality and his own philosophy on what it takes to have a winning team.

Don't know if I would trade him or not but I would give some really serious thought on including Riley Sheahan in a package for Kulemin. To me that's probably where it starts to get Burke to listen. It would be tough for me to let go of a prospect like Sheahan for sure.

But I think Kulemin would be a fantastic fit here in Detroit. I think everybody in the Wings organization would really appreciate his game.

Guest Crymson

The parity era has really destroyed the trade deadline. The teams are too even and the cap is too high.

Franzen,Smith, and a 1st rounder for Nash :siren:

Dude as much as I would love to get Nash, even that's too high. I say we just try to pick up some help at deadline, but July 1st we could maybe get a guy like Parise and not give up anything.

Guest Crymson

If this is such a seller's market where everyone is overpriced why don't we sell somebody (cleary, hudler...) and get an over payment in return? silly ideas on Monday morning.

Would decreasing the team's chance to win it all make sense?

So Pominville or Semin?

Pominville is an absolute gun, him for sure.

He's skilled, he's got an awesome shot, he plays both PP and PK, he is a clutch player.

I love the Poms. Too bad he won't leave Buffalo, no way the captain is delt.

I wonder if Detroit really do have legitimate interest in Pominville. He would be an AMAZING acquistion.

I'd offer Tatar, Pulkkinen, 2012 2nd, 2013 1st. Would that get it done? Probably not. But I wonder what the asking price is.

About Nash:

Holy cow Columbus, asking a bit much maybe!!!

Franzen and a 1st for Nash isn't too much.....it's not enough. But either way he's not coming here and may be staying in Columbus til the offseason. As for a realistic trade getting Pominville would be insane but not likely Roy or Gaustad wouldn't be the sexiest trade but would help us with a subtle need: another center who can win the important faceoffs. Say what you will bit Draper was always an extremely talented center taking faceoffs and has been a void since he retired.

I could be wrong, I hope I'm wrong but I have always had some kind of working sixth sense. There is something about the Rick Nash trade possibility I'm not convinced the Wings aren't pursuing. I have no inside info, I didn't talk to a guy who knows someone who lived in Ken Holland's old neighborhood, it's just a hunch that either they trade for him or we find out much later they tried very very hard (and came close) to land Nash.

We'll see, right now it's an uneasy pensive feeling.

Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to Trade Deadline Day!!!

Will Ken Holland "Go Big or Go Moen?©" or will he do nothing? No matter what, it's always starts out as a very anxious and exciting day!

BTW, this is off topic, but yesterday my two youngest son's played at the Joe and yours truley (who is one of their coaches) got to coach from the Red Wings bench! Wow! What a perspective you have from there! I was working the door for the kids at the tunnel to the locker room! I tried to upload some pics, but they always end up small on here, not quite sure how to show them full size! Anyway, it was great! The ice is actually a lot smaller than what it looks like from up in the stands and on TV...

I could be wrong, I hope I'm wrong but I have always had some kind of working sixth sense. There is something about the Rick Nash trade possibility I'm not convinced the Wings aren't pursuing. I have no inside info, I didn't talk to a guy who knows someone who lived in Ken Holland's old neighborhood, it's just a hunch that either they trade for him or we find out much later they tried very very hard (and came close) to land Nash.

We'll see, right now it's an uneasy pensive feeling.

It wouldn't surprise me at this point. Last I heard, the Preds were the frontrunners for him, so that throws out the whole "no trading within the division" stuff.