• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

2012 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - February 27th, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

I disagree the bottom 6 have been great, its the top 6 that needs the shake up.

You're not likely to get both. Theoretically easier to get the plug on the lower line (and the special teams depth), than it is to get that top 6 scorer. Limited supply, high demand... High prices. They've already dealt their 1st this year and I can't see them dipping into 2013 without it being a major player coming back.

Sportsnet saying Det is in competition with Van for players. Det is looking mainly at 3rd/4th liners- Gaustad and D. Jones mentioned.

Well, that potentially increases names thrown out there. Vancouver's been looking at Steve Ott and Dustin Brown, too. Not convinced Detroit is looking at those two, but they'd fit the mold of what the team may be looking for (though there's always the asking price, seems a little rich for me).

Well, that potentially increases names thrown out there. Vancouver's been looking at Steve Ott and Dustin Brown, too. Not convinced Detroit is looking at those two, but they'd fit the mold of what the team may be looking for (though there's always the asking price, seems a little rich for me).

the good thing with those 2 guys are they are locked up for 2 more years at a respectable 3 mill cap hit ... so not just a rental

I just hope we drive Vancouver price up on who ever they get. And hopefully Holland deals with his buddies in Buffalo. I think we have the advantage over other teams if similar offers are made to Buffalo.