• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

2012 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - February 27th, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Word coming out of Dallas is they are looking for a roster player, someone to help them now.

I'm all for taking a risk, but I don't think Ott is the kind of player you trade a top-prospect for, now if we're talking about Rick Nash my position changes.

problem is if were talking about rick nash type player itll be a 1st pulkkinen , filppula and another top prospect

if they want a roster player i guess we could try another 3 way deal

Input on why folks are pulling for Gaustad over Roy?

Think most guys would like both. We need help on the 4th line and PK, Gaustad provides that with some size and a good face-off guy. With Datsyuk out out top-6 hasn't looked good, no points for Frane and Bert since Datsyuk went down, Roy would give us a good scorer in out top-6, plus he's signed for a couple of more seasons and would potentially replace Hudler in the off-season.

Ott talk is picking up apparently.

I would seriously have trouble watching Detroit games if he were added to this team. Talk about lack of character and class. I'm all for adding toughness and grit(and I'm a little sick and tired of watching Abby get abused by any and everyone), but it must come with at least a little character - McCarty, Kocur, Downey, etc. Ott is a piece of refuse!

I would seriously have trouble watching Detroit games if he were added to this team. Talk about lack of character and class. I'm all for adding toughness and grit(and I'm a little sick and tired of watching Abby get abused by any and everyone), but it must come with at least a little character - McCarty, Kocur, Downey, etc. Ott is a piece of refuse!

Agreed.

And I'd take Pronger on the Wings in a heartbeat.

Is there any indication that Ott has character issues off the ice? Being an assistant captain, I assume he is a good locker room guy.

Different roles. While I'm sure most here would like Roy, the cost for Gaustad is likely much lower. Also, Gaustad provides grit to the bottom six.

Think most guys would like both. We need help on the 4th line and PK, Gaustad provides that with some size and a good face-off guy. With Datsyuk out out top-6 hasn't looked good, no points for Frane and Bert since Datsyuk went down, Roy would give us a good scorer in out top-6, plus he's signed for a couple of more seasons and would potentially replace Hudler in the off-season.

That is what I thought, but was not for sure... Folks may tar/feather me here, but I would rather have Roy versus Gaustad at this point due to the fact the offense has been lack-luster.

Dreger reporting that Ott does not want to be traded.

TSN had him on the phone. It was weird, he first spoke in past tense as if he knew he had already left/was leaving DAL but then changed it to "i love dallas" instead of loved. Paraphrasing here.

I don't blame him for saying he didn't want to be traded, but it doesn't mean it wont happen

Dreger reporting that Ott does not want to be traded.

He did a phone interview on TSN, he said you're never OK with being traded and stated he loves it Dallas. Didn't rule out being traded, guess he doesn't have a huge amount of control over being moved.

Guest Crymson

Darren Dreger on Twitter: "We've been reduced to tweeting about players not being traded. Hmmm."

TSN says Smyth isn't moving. Gee, how thrilling.