• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

2012 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - February 27th, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

That would be my guess. Likely acquires a draft pick that they can flip for a forward.

Must feel that Quincey brings enough grit and Commie no longer necessary.

Also expect Janik to get called up then.

Janik over Smith?

Commie on SportsNet. He found out 6 min ago. He didn't expect to be traded. Has only talked to Holland, is now saying bye to the team. Believes he can be a veteran presence. Hopes to play a regular shift and get some PK time. Disappointed to leave because of the team, but he knows there isn't an opportunity for him in Detroit. He wants to play for a few more years, and hopes to play in many games this season. Being asked if he'd be open to re-sign with Tampa, Commie responded 'I just want to play. I just want to get out there and play.' He thanks Holland for seeing he didn't have a chance to play in Detroit and hopes to be able to play in Tampa. He wasn't miserable in Detroit because of the team. Commie says, 'I'm single, no kids. I'll just pack a couple suitcases and fly south.'

I think part of the Commie trade is that KH knew he wasn't going to get a chance to play here and Commie probably wanted an opportunity to get on the ice. They weren't going to keep him, he wasn't going to get in the line-up so might as well get something for him.

Precursor to something bigger? We're now 1 under the 50-contract limit. PIcks and unsigned prospects about to get moved, maybe?

That is a possibility. Though I would expect they would have thrown in a guy that is low level prospect similar to Piche in the Quincey deal.

That said, it may just be to open room on 50 man roster.