• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

2012 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - February 27th, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

This deadline is enough to bring me out of the shadows.....

Ken Holland has got to be the luckiest GM in the NHL. Don't flame it before you read on. Hakan Andersson is the scout who found the core of the late draft steals--Lidstrom, Holmstrom, Datsyuk, Franzen, Zetterberg, etc.

With arguably the greatest defenseman of all-time, Ken has been content to just let years slide away. So what if the asking price for Parenteau is a 1st. Oh no! Hold onto that so we can get another Jakub Kindl! Hey, maybe we can grab a guy that Kenny waived for a first....is Matt Ellis on the block?

Last I checked, Mike Illitch paid the bills and the players played. Ken Holland has been more of a hindrance to this dynasty than an asset.

That said, if he pulls off a deal for a 3rd liner, I take this all back.

When the 2012 1st rounder was already traded can you fault KH for not wanting to trade 2 years of 1st overalls in a row which hurts his bargain chips in the future as well. Its not like he sat on the pick. The 2012 1st round pick is already in TB...

Also the rumor on Parenteau was a 1st rounder and a prospect, not just a 1st rounder.

We have been missing a bonafide sniper since Fedorov, Shanny, and Hull left. We have lots of guys who can dish the puck, but with Franzen not reaching his real potential of a 40 per year guy, we need someone who can finish.

How do you have any idea what he has been doing today or who he has talked to? People always seem to think Holland can just do anything he wants at any time, as though there aren't 29 other teams and as though those teams just want to make us better without improving themselves.

I wouldn't mind another move at the right price but I simply don't understand all the Holland bashing when he has already made some good moves and has one of the best teams in the league.

Because, his team has needs, he has the money. We will see. It's 2:39. Won't be long now. Sammy for two 4th rounders. We couldn't have beat that?????

We have been missing a bonafide sniper since Fedorov, Shanny, and Hull left. We have lots of guys who can dish the puck, but with Franzen not reaching his real potential of a 40 per year guy, we need someone who can finish.

Please suggest who.

If his potential was to be a 40 per year player, they wouldn't have paid they guy 3.9 per year.

It's not about needing someone who can finish. It is about needing more than one person who can finish. While Hudler is surpassing expectations, Detroit has shown this season they lack enough top end forward depth to compete at a high level when their top players get injured.

If his potential was to be a 40 per year player, they wouldn't have paid they guy 3.9 per year.

It's not about needing someone who can finish. It is about needing more than one person who can finish. While Hudler is surpassing expectations, Detroit has shown this season they lack enough top end forward depth to compete at a high level when their top players get injured.

Which team does that not apply to? Especially with the much mentioned parity. How do you think the Pens would do with Malkin and Crosby out? Look at Chicagos slide when Toews and Sharpe were both out. I don't think any current teams can loose their top guys and not notice. Still really hoping something gets done tho!

Guest stinky fish taco

Which team does that not apply to? Especially with the much mentioned parity. How do you think the Pens would do with Malkin and Crosby out? Look at Chicagos slide when Toews and Sharpe were both out. I don't think any current teams can loose their top guys and not notice. Still really hoping something gets done tho!

pittsburgh? you mean the team that's played all year without their best forward?

if the wings lost datsyuk for the year, they would struggle to make the playoffs.

Datsyuk is one player, and the team has been having issues without him.

With Crosby out, Malkin has been tearing it up. Not to mention they have Neal and Staal to help out.

Chicago has Hossa (inb4 Hossa/Franzen debate) and Kane (theoretically) to help, but with Kane crapping the bed they haven't done well.

Detroit needs some help at the top 6, because Franzen plays much better as a complimentary piece and without Datsyuk that can't happen. I don't care if that is similar to other teams. Detroit wants to be the best, so they have to put themselves in a better position than other teams.

Important reminders that have been tweeted by many...

Last year trades trickled in until 5:30. So just because nothing is announced by 3 PM doesn't mean nothing happened. Until Kenny says nothing happened or 5 o'clock rolls around i still think there could be a depth move.

pittsburgh? you mean the team that's played all year without their best forward?

if the wings lost datsyuk for the year, they would struggle to make the playoffs.

I think that he was referring to the top two guys being out for Chicago, as is not the case for Pitt.

Geno is just as good as Crosby, if not better, IMO.