• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

2012 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - February 27th, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Guest stinky fish taco

I see only San Jose or Vancouver being serious threats to Detroit. And hopefully we don't face either of them in the 2nd round.

st. louis isn't a threat? even nashville could pull out a series against the wings. both teams play playoff-style hockey.

Boring. No one got much better in my opinion

The problem is that the teams are so close a couple teams in the west getting a little better can be a game changer.

I was thinking the same thing. If we got Quincey today, people wouldn't be so upset.

Quincy does not and cannot fill the biggest issue with this team. The lack of a sniper is pretty much the end of this team. They don't have a guy who just score goals. All they do is pass the puck 1 too many times and turn it over or they get a break away and shoot it at the goalies chest. They just don't have that guy who can score and until they do its going to be an early exit every year. The top 6 and bottom 3 on this team is just not good enough.

so we still have:

- a mediocre PP that is desperately lacking a right-handed shooter

- a dogs*** 4th line that plays 5 minutes a night

- only 2 guys that can actually win a faceoff

wonderful.

Yep...The sky IS falling. I guess you should probably slither onto someone elses bandwagon.

See ya

Wings say that they stood pat because price for depth forward was too high per Ansar Kahn.

It isn't like Kenny sat there claiming he didn't need anything. He actively shopped and decided that the price for a depth forward wasn't worth it.

Keep in mind Jurco, Tatar, Nyquist, Jarnkrok, Tatar all came in the 2nd round of the draft. So that pick is one Detroit has had much success with in terms of bringing in prospects that we all expect to make an impact on this team.

So not wanting to trade mulitple seconds or a second consecutive year of a 1st for a depth forward is nothing I fault KH on.

I think if the Wings had traded for Quincy TODAY there would be a lot less grousing. That being said I really really wish Kenny had added a depth forward with either some grit or a top faceoff guy or a second PP contributor. It was NOT Mission critical to get one though.

Not the end of the world some here are saying.

West contenders improved, East contenders did not

Edited by Jersey Wing

Guest The Production Line

Define nothing. Do you mean a 1st round pick next year?

For Detroit, a team that feeds on late round talent, that is nothing.

I don't understand what the big deal is that we didn't get a 29 year old Center who's never scored more than 12 goals in a season. I'll take a 23 year old Emmerton, with 6 goals in 52 games, anyday over Gaustad's 7 in 56.

I hope Nashville gave up a 1st rounder for him, because they would have got hosed!

Guest stinky fish taco

I'll take a 23 year old Emmerton, with 6 goals in 52 games, anyday over Gaustad's 7 in 56.

i'm not saying the predators made a good move, but this is absolutely ridiculous.

Let all the complaining start from all the fair weather fans. LOL, everyones already predicting a second round exist. Nice. Way to have some faith.

I am not going to say not making a move will cost us the playoffs.

I do think the fact everyone else gets players and we sit doesn't look good.

Two reasons for this; the Wings had two really great drafts in a row, and that means if there was a time to trade a bunch of picks it would be now. Secondly, the Wings demoted Franzen today and we could have used a player to fix the second line. The Sharks have beat us twice by neutralizing the first line and letting second line get beat badly by their top-six depth.

Our third line now has to worry about playing better than our top two lines in order to drive us further. I don't like the feel of that.

Cue the Holland coup...

Starting with me...Kyle Quincey? That is your answer to a horrendous road record, inconsistent forwards, one of the worst power plays in the NHL, and again, s***ty inconstant "clutch" players... Read it here....HOLLAND WILL NOT SIGN ANYONE SIGNIFICANT ON JULY 1ST. I am so God damned sick of Holland doing nothing...he isn't the only one, but Vancouver got better, San Jose got better, Nashville got bigger. Detroit stays put...I am just so very upset....Every ******* year Holland says he is gonna do something, he does nothing, he wastes a 1st on Quincey, I was ok with that when I actually believed Holland would do more to make this team better. Well, I was utterly disappointed again....oh BTW, Bertuzzi is gonna be there big signing...

I cannot wait to hear what he has to say....oh wait: "We kicked the tires, made some offers, we just didn't feel there was a deal out there that we felt comfortable making..." That sounds about right....f*** Holland...

Hit List:

Johan Franzen

Jiri HudlerKen Holland

really bud? REALLY...He has surpassed what ANYONE (besides Eva) thought he would put up. Hudler has been graet for this team for what we pay him.

Everyone is disappointed about not getting a big trade deadline but "f*** Holland". How can you possibly say that when ypou have NO IDEA what they were asking for in some of the guys we were asking for. I would have PUKED if we would have given up a 1st and a 4th for Gaustad...Thats a JOKE.

Ken Holland strikes again!

How did this team get better over the last few weeks? Quincey is an upgrade, but does it really excite you that we are now looking at Brendan Smith as a possible playoff defenseman? Jesus, keep Commodore, at least he's got some experience.

But once again, super Kenny Holland sits on his laurels, hopes for a miracle, gets paid the same..........notice how his protege, Steve Yzerman, made moves to improve his club.

Sigh, The sky isnt falling but Detroit definitely needs to address there need for a scorer hopefully we can this off season. There was no way we could compete with the price for Carter. We don't have a guy like Jack Johnson to trade unless you want to deal Filppula or Franzen and even then I dont think Filp is enough and dealing Franzen leaves us in the same spot we started in.

I guess we won't really see how much of a difference adding Quincey will make until we are Healthy and we can see how good our Team Defense can play.

Heres to hoping that the small moves that all the other West Coast teams made all end up really being just a slight improvement, and that there prospects pools are too slim to compete in the next 2-4 years.

Get ready for a round one exit. Again! Well, when I consider the officiating problems of the NHL, our typical early round ouster, The salary cap & Kenny's insistence on making the Donny Osmond of Hockey teams, I have seen my last game for the year. Maybe next year??? Have a great summer everybody. I may watch Nashville though. They are going to be fun!!!

Ken Holland strikes again!

How did this team get better over the last few weeks? Quincey is an upgrade, but does it really excite you that we are now looking at Brendan Smith as a possible playoff defenseman? Jesus, keep Commodore, at least he's got some experience.

But once again, super Kenny Holland sits on his laurels, hopes for a miracle, gets paid the same..........notice how his protege, Steve Yzerman, made moves to improve his club.

Ummm, that's because Yzerman's team isn't making the playoffs and needed to stock up for the future. If we were sitting in 11th place, I'd bet my left pinky you'd have seen Holland making similar moves. Apples and oranges.