• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

2012 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - February 27th, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Sigh, The sky isnt falling but Detroit definitely needs to address there need for a scorer hopefully we can this off season. There was no way we could compete with the price for Carter. We don't have a guy like Jack Johnson to trade unless you want to deal Filppula or Franzen and even then I dont think Filp is enough and dealing Franzen leaves us in the same spot we started in.

I guess we won't really see how much of a difference adding Quincey will make until we are Healthy and we can see how good our Team Defense can play.

Heres to hoping that the small moves that all the other West Coast teams made all end up really being just a slight improvement, and that there prospects pools are too slim to compete in the next 2-4 years.

I would love for this team to flip Franzen for someone who shows up every night. I like Mule when he is playing hard but when he just floats around and acts as if he is 5 feet tall 123 lbs it gets frustrating.

If Holland got Quincey today would you detractors still be saying the same thing?

The Wings added a top 4 defenseman for nothing. That's pretty good in my book.

The Wings added a Number 5 defenseman for a first rounder, while trading the Number 7 defenseman for nothing. Wings before the deadline festivities: lacked Top 6 scorer and a fourth line worth more than 4 minutes a night with no PK ability. Wings after the deadline... well you get the picture.

I would be less irritated if the rest of the conference didn't address their concerns and get better. Vancouver adds Pahlsson, Sharks get bigger and better, Nashville adds a bit of scoring, grit and PK, even Chicago adds Oduya. Not unsurprising, just terribly disappointing. The last deal worth a damn? 2008 when the Wings got Stuart. We all know what happened that year and what has happened since.

I won't ***** exactly, but I gotta admit that I'm disappointed.

Probably Lidstrom's last season, the team is good, we have a ton of cap space. I was hoping he'd make a serious move to go for it this season.

Agreed 100%.

I see a lot of over reactions on both fronts -- both those made Holland did nothing, and those defending blindly defending him.

It's far from the end of the world, but in all reality this is just more of the same we have seen from Holland over the past 3 years - that is, no action what so ever. I mean he didn't make bad moves, in the same respect though he hasn't made any real good moves either.

You have to seize the opportunity and this team has an opportunity to win the cup this year. The fact nothing was done to capitalize on that. And to me at least that's unfortunate.

I do not think Holland should be fired, I am not calling anyone names, or making proclamations stating we will lose in the second round. I simply think we missed an opportunity to make a really good team even better. The same feeling I had the last 3 summers, and last two trade deadlines.

Like I said though, its far from the end of the world. We still have an excellent team.

Get ready for a round one exit. Again! Well, when I consider the officiating problems of the NHL, our typical early round ouster, The salary cap & Kenny's insistence on making the Donny Osmond of Hockey teams, I have seen my last game for the year. Maybe next year??? Have a great summer everybody. I may watch Nashville though. They are going to be fun!!!

curly-1.jpg

Wings say that they stood pat because price for depth forward was too high per Ansar Kahn.

It isn't like Kenny sat there claiming he didn't need anything. He actively shopped and decided that the price for a depth forward wasn't worth it.

Keep in mind Jurco, Tatar, Nyquist, Jarnkrok, Tatar all came in the 2nd round of the draft. So that pick is one Detroit has had much success with in terms of bringing in prospects that we all expect to make an impact on this team.

So not wanting to trade mulitple seconds or a second consecutive year of a 1st for a depth forward is nothing I fault KH on.

I'm out of "pluses", so...

+

I would have PUKED if we would have given up a 1st and a 4th for Gaustad...Thats a JOKE.

Gaustad and a 4th were had for the Preds 1st rounder.

we got Kyle Quincey for our 1st and Piche.

Guest stinky fish taco

Would you trade Emmerton for Gaustad straight up? I wouldn't!

are you serious? is that a trick question? of course i would, even if gaustad walks after this season.

emmerton is completely useless.

The Wings added a Number 5 defenseman for a first rounder, while trading the Number 7 defenseman for nothing. Wings before the deadline festivities: lacked Top 6 scorer and a fourth line worth more than 4 minutes a night with no PK ability. Wings after the deadline... well you get the picture.

I would be less irritated if the rest of the conference didn't address their concerns and get better. Vancouver adds Pahlsson, Sharks get bigger and better, Nashville adds a bit of scoring, grit and PK, even Chicago adds Oduya. Not unsurprising, just terribly disappointing. The last deal worth a damn? 2008 when the Wings got Stuart. We all know what happened that year and what has happened since.

No team is going to win the cup every year. 4 cups in 15 years is a hell of a run, especially in the new NHL where back to back championships haven't been won since 97-98. The Wings were close in 09, but thats beside the point.

Quincey is a 3rd/4th defenseman playing on the 3rd line. Just for clarification.

I don't think the Sharks got that much better or Nashville did either for that matter. It was really an unsurprising, uneventful trade deadline.

are you serious? is that a trick question? of course i would, even if gaustad walks after this season.

The only thing is that Buffalo wasn't trading Gaustad for Emmerton. They wanted a first rounder for him. I think that price is too much to pay for him.

Ken Holland strikes again!

How did this team get better over the last few weeks? Quincey is an upgrade, but does it really excite you that we are now looking at Brendan Smith as a possible playoff defenseman? Jesus, keep Commodore, at least he's got some experience.

But once again, super Kenny Holland sits on his laurels, hopes for a miracle, gets paid the same..........notice how his protege, Steve Yzerman, made moves to improve his club.

Quincy is just a make up for resigning Erikson at the number he did. If it weren't for Hanken & the scouting department (that was in place before Holland) we would be like Calgary at best. Maybe

Guest stinky fish taco

The only thing is that Buffalo wasn't trading Gaustad for Emmerton. They wanted a first rounder for him. I think that price is too much to pay for him.

of course they weren't

because emmerton has zero value

which is why it was such a ridiculous question

I'm not mad we didn't get a big name player because I'd prefer Parise or Suter this summer. What I am mad about is Nashville finally getting balls and possibly persuading Suter to re-sign if they go far in the playoffs this year. If we could knock them out in the first round I'd be happy. (even if we didn't go further than the 2nd round)

Sorry, but like most of the red wings Emmerton does not take anything out of another player that plays against him. It isn't enough to be able to take a hit.