• Please log in to reply
1018 replies to this topic

#441 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:17 AM

I am starting to think that the Wings are going to focus on a faceoff guy.

Well if they need a faceoff guy might as well just go with Konopka :D

Ted Kulfan ‏ @tkulfan Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
conflicting reports out there on whether Wings can/will acquire Paul Gaustad...they do like him and he would be fine fit..rental too
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#442 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,085 posts

Now reports saying Vokoun left the ice at practice. What a crazy day this always is.

#443 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

i swear if we end up with samuelsson again im gonna lose it , this could be our last great chance to win the cup with lidstrom kenny's gotta get some balls for once and take a chance ! Put in a tatar or pulkkinen if need be ( depending on the guy of course)

#444 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

Kevin Allen is really reputable so I will go with his report till an equally reputable source says talks are back on.

Craig Custance says Detroit may be the #1 player an Pahlsson right now. Sorry...now that rumor source was changed to Eklund...I no longer believe it.

Sporting News reported that.

#445 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:22 AM

i swear if we end up with samuelsson again im gonna lose it , this could be our last great chance to win the cup with lidstrom kenny's gotta get some balls for once and take a chance ! Put in a tatar or pulkkinen if need be ( depending on the guy of course)

Sammy is a very serviceable guy for the right price. Can play anywhere in the lineup, Right handed shot, knows the team, can play PP and PK, good defensively. The only reason he left is because we felt that the money was too much and who can argue with him taking a shot and going where the money was at the time.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#446 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:22 AM

Sporting News reported that.

Also from KuklasKorner

Update: Per Nicholas J. Cotsonika:

One report says Red Wings will not acquire Gaustad. Another says talks are heating up. Obviously they want him but only at the right price.

And the Detroit News’s Ted Kulfan:

conflicting reports out there on whether Wings can/will acquire Paul Gaustad…they do like him and he would be fine fit..rental too

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#447 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

i said this...where?

i can't wait to see the wings do absolutely nothing today. so glad they have all that cap space.

When you make comments about having lots of cap space, one can put two and two together. Comments like the above insinuate more than you realize.

You didn't come out and directly say it, but your constant criticism is not only unwarranted, its annoying.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#448 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

Sammy is a very serviceable guy for the right price. Can play anywhere in the lineup, Right handed shot, knows the team, can play PP and PK, good defensively. The only reason he left is because we felt that the money was too much and who can argue with him taking a shot and going where the money was at the time.

been there done that , dont want him back ....i love that holland doesnt just trade away assets , the problem is he never takes any chances though ... if there was time to take a chance it would be now , we got cap room we have alot of good prospects and with lidstrom possibly going we have to go for it all this year .... not saying any prospect is available but id trade one for like a dustin brown type impact guy .... steve ott??? we need a nasty guy in our lineup

#449 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

When you make comments about having lots of cap space, one can put two and two together. Comments like the above insinuate more than you realize.

You didn't come out and directly say it, but your constant criticism is not only unwarranted, its annoying.

so i never said it...thanks.

glad we cleared that up.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#450 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Red Wings are not acquiring Gaustad.

According to USA Today insider and ESPN as well.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#451 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

No Gaustad?? that's my number one realistic trade. Boo.

And please, for the love of God, No Mikael Samuelsson

#452 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,623 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:30 AM

Red Wings are not acquiring Gaustad.

According to USA Today insider and ESPN as well.

I think this was reported earlier but now it may be heating back up per another post on here. so who knows. I guess like always you never know until the smoke clears who we get/got=)
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#453 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

glad we cleared that up.

Congrats, you're the first person in history to believe they can insinuate, then back-track and proclaim they didn't say anything. You're not fooling anyone.

I'm done with this futile and childish conversation. Grow up and quit pouting.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#454 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

glad we cleared that up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBelT-Xi1CY

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#455 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,623 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:32 AM

Congrats, you're the first person in history to believe they can insinuate and then back off and proclaim they didn't say anything. You're not fooling anyone.

I'm done with this futile and childish conversation. Grow up and quit pouting.

You know that's never going to happen until he get's out of his pimply faced teen years. So we may have a long time to wait. We have been having to put up with his posts for how long now?
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#456 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:35 AM

We need someone up front and who can give the opponent the Englewood Jack....

Edited by Rivalred, 27 February 2012 - 11:39 AM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#457 Jedi

Jedi

Christmastime is buzzing in my skull...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,827 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

Ok guys. Let's refocus the discussion to the trade deadline. I think there's been more than enough criticism of each other's posting styles.

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

And they call him Sandy Claws!

#458 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

Kevin Allen says Parenteau will not be dealt.

#459 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

Article on the Gaustad talks "heating up", FWIW (this was after the Allen tweet):

http://aol.sportingn...gn=jessespector

Ok guys. Let's refocus the discussion to the trade deadline. I think there's been more than enough criticism of each other's posting styles.

^ This. Shanabans forthcoming for those that don't. No further bickering about it from this point forth.

#460 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

Don't you taser me Kenny!