• Please log in to reply
1018 replies to this topic

#521 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

Poile says he's "Not Trading Suter" via Pierre LeBrun on Twitter.

I'm so glad the Nash trade to Nashville didn't go through. Not only would that keep him in our division but even worse, it would likely seal the deal for both Weber and Suter to stay in NSH given their owner would essentially be giving the green light to become a cap team.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#522 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

Input on why folks are pulling for Gaustad over Roy?
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#523 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:19 PM

Not doubting you but where did you hear that?

lebrun on tsn
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#524 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:19 PM

Allen and Spacek not in Canes dressing room after practice.

#525 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

Different roles. While I'm sure most here would like Roy, the cost for Gaustad is likely much lower. Also, Gaustad provides grit to the bottom six.

#526 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

lebrun on tsn

Thanks.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#527 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Word coming out of Dallas is they are looking for a roster player, someone to help them now.
I'm all for taking a risk, but I don't think Ott is the kind of player you trade a top-prospect for, now if we're talking about Rick Nash my position changes.

problem is if were talking about rick nash type player itll be a 1st pulkkinen , filppula and another top prospect

if they want a roster player i guess we could try another 3 way deal

#528 IrishWing19

IrishWing19

Token Irishman

• PipPip
  • 244 posts

Think most guys would like both. We need help on the 4th line and PK, Gaustad provides that with some size and a good face-off guy. With Datsyuk out out top-6 hasn't looked good, no points for Frane and Bert since Datsyuk went down, Roy would give us a good scorer in out top-6, plus he's signed for a couple of more seasons and would potentially replace Hudler in the off-season.

#529 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:23 PM

Dreger reporting that Ott does not want to be traded.

#530 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

Ott talk is picking up apparently.

I would seriously have trouble watching Detroit games if he were added to this team. Talk about lack of character and class. I'm all for adding toughness and grit(and I'm a little sick and tired of watching Abby get abused by any and everyone), but it must come with at least a little character - McCarty, Kocur, Downey, etc. Ott is a piece of refuse!

#531 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,041 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:26 PM

I would seriously have trouble watching Detroit games if he were added to this team. Talk about lack of character and class. I'm all for adding toughness and grit(and I'm a little sick and tired of watching Abby get abused by any and everyone), but it must come with at least a little character - McCarty, Kocur, Downey, etc. Ott is a piece of refuse!

Agreed.

And I'd take Pronger on the Wings in a heartbeat.

#532 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Is there any indication that Ott has character issues off the ice? Being an assistant captain, I assume he is a good locker room guy.

#533 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Different roles. While I'm sure most here would like Roy, the cost for Gaustad is likely much lower. Also, Gaustad provides grit to the bottom six.

Think most guys would like both. We need help on the 4th line and PK, Gaustad provides that with some size and a good face-off guy. With Datsyuk out out top-6 hasn't looked good, no points for Frane and Bert since Datsyuk went down, Roy would give us a good scorer in out top-6, plus he's signed for a couple of more seasons and would potentially replace Hudler in the off-season.

That is what I thought, but was not for sure... Folks may tar/feather me here, but I would rather have Roy versus Gaustad at this point due to the fact the offense has been lack-luster.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#534 ilmickeyli

ilmickeyli

Meatwad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

TSN had him on the phone. It was weird, he first spoke in past tense as if he knew he had already left/was leaving DAL but then changed it to "i love dallas" instead of loved. Paraphrasing here.

I don't blame him for saying he didn't want to be traded, but it doesn't mean it wont happen
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#535 IrishWing19

IrishWing19

Token Irishman

• PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:27 PM

He did a phone interview on TSN, he said you're never OK with being traded and stated he loves it Dallas. Didn't rule out being traded, guess he doesn't have a huge amount of control over being moved.

#536 cwilson

cwilson

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:27 PM

hmmmmm Coming right down to the wire for most. 150 mins left. Commmmme on Wings!!!Posted Image :clap:

#537 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

Posted Image
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#538 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

Darren Dreger on Twitter: "We've been reduced to tweeting about players not being traded. Hmmm."

TSN says Smyth isn't moving. Gee, how thrilling.

#539 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:31 PM

Bob McKenzie has resorted to tweeting about players who might sign contracts this year. I think this one goes down to the wire.

#540 mmorland

mmorland

SRD Writer, Broadcaster

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:34 PM

To Spice up Trade Deadline Day:

Edited by mmorland, 27 February 2012 - 12:35 PM.

"I can't believe I shook this guys frickin' hand. We lost and I'm pissed off. But to see Kris Draper's face makes me sick. I didn't see his face until after the game, but his face is turned sideways. If the league doesn't do something about that ... I mean that's ridiculous. He could have broken his fricken neck."

-Dino Ciccarelli