• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

2012 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - February 27th, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Soooo I don't like Bashing Holland about not trading because he has built a great Organization, but one of our biggest rivals just got better and the team that is fighting us for the 1st in the west is trying to improve. Please Holland, work something out with Darcy...

Pahlsson has some good things about his game, but he's not the player he was a few years ago and is hardly a guy that makes Vancouver a much better team. Us picking up Quincey is probably more of an improvement than them adding Pahlsson.

LAST UPDATED (2-27-2012, 2:06 PM ET)

February 27, 2012 (7 Total Transactions)

Vancouver Acquires: (F) Sami Pahlsson

Columbus Acquires: Player (TBA), Draft Pick (TBA)

2 fourths coming back.

Hamrlik expected to be dealt soon.

Pahlsson has some good things about his game, but he's not the player he was a few years ago and is hardly a guy that makes Vancouver a much better team. Us picking up Quincey is probably more of an improvement than them adding Pahlsson.

This.

Everyone needs to chill out. Just because other teams are making desperate moves doesn't mean the Wings should.

He is also better than Johnny Oduya.

People are comparing Detroit today to the rest of the teams today. Look at big picture. Quincey was a pretty big acquisition.

This.

Everyone needs to chill out. Just because other teams are making desperate moves doesn't mean the Wings should.

How are those desperate moves? They paid decent prices on this kind of day, things we could've done. Fact is, teams were competing with are filling there needs going forward and as of now, we haven't. There's still lots of time, but those moves are good for the Canucks and Sharks, and that is bad for us.

People are forgetting about Quincey already. That's a significant move on defense that makes us better. Other teams are trading players but they're giving up players, too. Like someone said, Vancouver wasn't a Pahlsson away from winning the Cup. San Jose did get better, though, but they're already weaker than us in the standings.

How are those desperate moves? They paid decent prices on this kind of day, things we could've done. Fact is, teams were competing with are filling there needs going forward and as of now, we haven't. There's still lots of time, but those moves are good for the Canucks and Sharks, and that is bad for us.

I thought a physical D-man who could play the PK was a pretty big need. That is filled by a 26 year old 6'2" 207 lbs defenseman who wasn't on Detroit a week ago...

They are desperate moves because a lot of those teams HAD to make moves. The Sharks and Hawks are disasters right now. The Wings are not.

Personally, I'm glad Holland isn't a knee-jerker like some people here want him to be.

I thought a physical D-man who could play the PK was a pretty big need. That is filled by a 26 year old 6'2" 207 lbs defenseman who wasn't on Detroit a week ago...

I thought the Wings D was solid before that trade. Wings D > Wings offense. That is the problem when the only offense is coming from your 3rd line your team has issues. This team desperately needs scoring. 6 shots on net in the first period against the Avs is pretty embarrassing.

I agree. Kenny did a great job filling that need. Problem is, we have more then one need. We have a ton of assets, ton of cap space, and don't have a ton of scoring depth or grit on the bottom lines. Obviously we miss Datsyuk, but if we rely so heavily on one guy to spark the offense and the PP, we're in trouble. Likewise we don't have a strong 4th line center or much grit/big bodied players. Those types are available, like I said, time to make deals. I don't care what anyone feels, if Holland stands pat up front, I think it's a mistake.

It's gonna be funny in 5-10 years when San Jose sucks and the wings are still a solid team. Pretty sure they have one of the worst prospect pools in the NHL and they just traded more prospects lol!

San Jose's future after Thorton, Marleau, etc isn't going to be as bright as the Wings'

Still hoping the Wings make something happen here because everyone of our rivals has so far gotten better, at least for this year anyway!

I agree. Kenny did a great job filling that need. Problem is, we have more then one need. We have a ton of assets, ton of cap space, and don't have a ton of scoring depth or grit on the bottom lines. Obviously we miss Datsyuk, but if we rely so heavily on one guy to spark the offense and the PP, we're in trouble. Likewise we don't have a strong 4th line center or much grit/big bodied players. Those types are available, like I said, time to make deals. I don't care what anyone feels, if Holland stands pat up front, I think it's a mistake.

I tend to agree with you, only because of Lidstrom potentially retiring. Like you said, they have the cap space. When was the last time that happened? If Holland was ever going to gamble, now is the time.

I thought the Wings D was solid before that trade. Wings D > Wings offense. That is the problem when the only offense is coming from your 3rd line your team has issues. This team desperately needs scoring. 6 shots on net in the first period against the Avs is pretty embarrassing.

What players traded today really do much for offense though. Jeff Carter, Steve Downie, Andrei Kostitsyn were the only top 6 guys traded. The rest of the forwards moved would fill the bottom 6. Its not like the Wings are missing out on tons of scoring forwards that have been moved.