1018 replies to this topic

#61 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

LAST UPDATED (2-21-2012, 5:52 AM ET)

February 21, 2012 (2 Total Transactions)
Detroit Acquires: (D) Kyle Quincey
Tampa Bay Acquires: (D) Sebastien Piche, 1st-Round Pick (2012)

Colorado Acquires: (F) Steve Downie
Tampa Bay Acquires: (D) Kyle Quincey
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#62 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

Not that it's extremely significant, and I wouldn't expect a trade with them soon, but a Detroit scout is at the SJS/CBJ game.

#63 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:41 AM

Not that it's extremely significant, and I wouldn't expect a trade with them soon, but a Detroit scout is at the SJS/CBJ game.

We must have been looking at someone though, right?

Edit: Extremely minor news, but news nonetheless: Brandon Segal to Tampa Bay.

My link

Yzerman is like a kid in a Pokemon card shop.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 22 February 2012 - 05:38 AM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#64 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

I could see Kenny being interested in Pahlsson. He has alot of playoff experience and could do well on our 4th line. I'd go after Moen, Gaustad and Ruutu first.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#65 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

We must have been looking at someone though, right?
Edit: Extremely minor news, but news nonetheless: Brandon Segal to Tampa Bay.

My link

Yzerman is like a kid in a Pokemon card shop.

Maybe it was Vermette. He was just dealt to Pheonix. No details yet.

edit: for a 2012 2nd rounder and a 5th (turning into a 4th if Pheonix win a round).

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=388536

Interesting deal. Vermette is not a rental player and Phoenix essentially got him for a 2nd round pick. This is Ottawa's pick too so it won't be a top 15. Seems like a good deal for Phoenix.

Edited by rick zombo, 22 February 2012 - 01:27 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#66 Kass

Kass

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

The Vermette trade further cements the Blue Jackets reputation as the worst-managed team in the NHL.

#67 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:26 PM

mackenzie tweeting that rutuu signed a 4 year extension in CAR
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#68 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

Sell low, buy high...the Howson approach.

#69 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

mackenzie tweeting that rutuu signed a 4 year extension in CAR

Great news. The Wings weren't going to get him anyway, and now teams that could really use the help in the West are boxed out too. This will also increase the asking price of any top-six winger rumored to be on the move, making it more difficult for San Jose, LA, Nashville, and St Louis to improve on their top six without massive over payment. Meeee likey.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#70 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

Re-signs with a cap hit of $4.75 million for 4 years.

#71 mmorland

mmorland

SRD Writer, Broadcaster

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

Hey everyone, just wanted to pass this info along on this thread:

The Red Line podcast goes live with NHL trade deadline show
"I can't believe I shook this guys frickin' hand. We lost and I'm pissed off. But to see Kris Draper's face makes me sick. I didn't see his face until after the game, but his face is turned sideways. If the league doesn't do something about that ... I mean that's ridiculous. He could have broken his fricken neck."

-Dino Ciccarelli

#72 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

Roman Hamrlik is a healthy scratch tonight, expect a move.

#73 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:52 PM

I don't really understand Carolina signing Ruutu to this extension. While I thought he was the kind of guy who would help us out in the playoffs, I don't think he's the type of guy you pay 4.75 million a year to and build your team around. He's a good player but not that good, and not for that price. He's only broke 20 goals twice in his career. Better them than us I guess.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#74 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

Edit: Late

I think the Yotes could be a real good team going forward. Third year in a row first round series?

Edited by hooon, 22 February 2012 - 07:26 PM.

Posted Image

#75 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

Wings GM Ken Holland told Helene St. James on Wednesday the team is done on defense after acquiring Kyle Quincey.

#76 EastonWings

EastonWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:54 PM

They still need a scoring foward. Not sure why they want a grinder. There third and fourth lines are fine. I think holland will suprise us all.

#77 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

Could somebody please tell me what our chances are of getting Shea Weber anytime soon? Is there a chance that Holland can hold off and try to pick him up later? Thanks.

There's a 0% chance he or Parise are ever Wings during or before their primes.

Not sure if this deserves its own thread.

I know the Habs said he's not available, but never say never this tine of year, especially when Ken Holland is involved.

Blah. Overpayment. I was hoping they would be interested in a different prospect. Quine and a third? I'd even do Sproul straight up for Moen. Not XO though.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#78 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

There's a 0% chance he or Parise are ever Wings during or before their primes.

Apparently, someone at Sports Illustrated has a different opinion than you. Taken from today's power rankings:

First, same as last week. The skinny: "The NHL's points leaders were slated to get goalie Jimmy Howard and forward Daniel Cleary back for Tuesday's game against Chicago. If that didn't bring out your inner Wings envy, try this on for size: according to people with knowledge of the team's future plans (if the following guys are on the open market July 1), Plan A this summer will be to sign Zach Parise as a free agent. Plan B is sign Ryan Suter. Maybe both plans will come to fruition. Be afraid of the Detroit Red Wings."

And if you're questioning that part in brackets, someone in New York has more news for you:

The Devils captain can become an unrestricted free agent July 1 and could be the most-sought rental on the market, if he was on it. Sources say Parise has decided against negotiating a new long-term deal before the trade deadline and perhaps before the end of the season. The possibility exists that if the Devils decide they won’t be able to sign him to a new deal, they might trade his rights before July 1, giving that partner an early jump toward signing him.

Edited by Esquire, 22 February 2012 - 09:25 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#79 DyingAlive

DyingAlive

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

The Vermette trade further cements the Blue Jackets reputation as the worst-managed team in the NHL.

Honestly they need just to sell all older players with big contracts and stock up on draft picks. There is no way around it. Rebuild, the old fashion way.
Posted Image

#80 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:46 PM

Apparently, someone at Sports Illustrated has a different opinion than you. Taken from today's power rankings:

And if you're questioning that part in brackets, someone in New York has more news for you:

And these people don't know how the Wings work. We don't overpay for players. Teams are going to offer more money than the Wings for these guys. And it's not news, it's conjecture that writers have gathered from reading HFBoards and sites like these and bleacher report and twitter.

Plus what does the second quote have to do with anything? Everyone knows the Devils financially cannot re-sign Parise.

Lastly. Every team is going to try and sign these players. They may be number one and two on our list, but they are also going to be number one and two on everyone else's list. Except other teams will offer twice as much as the Wings will.

Edited by Konnan511, 22 February 2012 - 11:50 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".