• Please log in to reply
1018 replies to this topic

#801 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,185 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

I wish I tapped Holland's phone right about now.

"Papa John's? Can you make a delivery?"

Was thinking the same thing. Well, not the Papa John's bit. But yeah.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#802 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

For the second time, it looks as though Nash will stay in Columbus.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#803 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,911 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

Come on Holland! Improve this team!

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#804 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

This deadline is enough to bring me out of the shadows.....

Ken Holland has got to be the luckiest GM in the NHL. Don't flame it before you read on. Hakan Andersson is the scout who found the core of the late draft steals--Lidstrom, Holmstrom, Datsyuk, Franzen, Zetterberg, etc.

With arguably the greatest defenseman of all-time, Ken has been content to just let years slide away. So what if the asking price for Parenteau is a 1st. Oh no! Hold onto that so we can get another Jakub Kindl! Hey, maybe we can grab a guy that Kenny waived for a first....is Matt Ellis on the block?

Last I checked, Mike Illitch paid the bills and the players played. Ken Holland has been more of a hindrance to this dynasty than an asset.

That said, if he pulls off a deal for a 3rd liner, I take this all back.

When the 2012 1st rounder was already traded can you fault KH for not wanting to trade 2 years of 1st overalls in a row which hurts his bargain chips in the future as well. Its not like he sat on the pick. The 2012 1st round pick is already in TB...

Also the rumor on Parenteau was a 1st rounder and a prospect, not just a 1st rounder.

#805 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

:thumbup:
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#806 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

Kings, Preds nearing in on separate deals.

#807 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,185 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

I'ma go move my bowels for a 1st rounder.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#808 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

We have been missing a bonafide sniper since Fedorov, Shanny, and Hull left. We have lots of guys who can dish the puck, but with Franzen not reaching his real potential of a 40 per year guy, we need someone who can finish.

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#809 pondrocket

pondrocket

Rookie

• Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

How do you have any idea what he has been doing today or who he has talked to? People always seem to think Holland can just do anything he wants at any time, as though there aren't 29 other teams and as though those teams just want to make us better without improving themselves.

I wouldn't mind another move at the right price but I simply don't understand all the Holland bashing when he has already made some good moves and has one of the best teams in the league.

Because, his team has needs, he has the money. We will see. It's 2:39. Won't be long now. Sammy for two 4th rounders. We couldn't have beat that?????

#810 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Holland's strategy: Wait till the last moment, then acquire Sammuelson or Knuble and we will be happy with the trash we hated 5 hours ago.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#811 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Leafs not getting Nash. NYR, Sharks still trying per Kyperos.

Hawks still looking after getting Oduya per LeBrun.

#812 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

We have been missing a bonafide sniper since Fedorov, Shanny, and Hull left. We have lots of guys who can dish the puck, but with Franzen not reaching his real potential of a 40 per year guy, we need someone who can finish.

Please suggest who.

#813 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

If his potential was to be a 40 per year player, they wouldn't have paid they guy 3.9 per year.

It's not about needing someone who can finish. It is about needing more than one person who can finish. While Hudler is surpassing expectations, Detroit has shown this season they lack enough top end forward depth to compete at a high level when their top players get injured.

Posted Image

#814 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

Considering who owns the team, shouldn't he get a hot-and-ready from Little Caesar's? ;)

#815 BigWinston

BigWinston

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

If his potential was to be a 40 per year player, they wouldn't have paid they guy 3.9 per year.

It's not about needing someone who can finish. It is about needing more than one person who can finish. While Hudler is surpassing expectations, Detroit has shown this season they lack enough top end forward depth to compete at a high level when their top players get injured.

Which team does that not apply to? Especially with the much mentioned parity. How do you think the Pens would do with Malkin and Crosby out? Look at Chicagos slide when Toews and Sharpe were both out. I don't think any current teams can loose their top guys and not notice. Still really hoping something gets done tho!

#816 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

If it wasn't obvious, Flyers offically out of Nash sweepstakes.

#817 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

Which team does that not apply to? Especially with the much mentioned parity. How do you think the Pens would do with Malkin and Crosby out? Look at Chicagos slide when Toews and Sharpe were both out. I don't think any current teams can loose their top guys and not notice. Still really hoping something gets done tho!

pittsburgh? you mean the team that's played all year without their best forward?

if the wings lost datsyuk for the year, they would struggle to make the playoffs.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#818 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

Datsyuk is one player, and the team has been having issues without him.

With Crosby out, Malkin has been tearing it up. Not to mention they have Neal and Staal to help out.

Chicago has Hossa (inb4 Hossa/Franzen debate) and Kane (theoretically) to help, but with Kane crapping the bed they haven't done well.

Detroit needs some help at the top 6, because Franzen plays much better as a complimentary piece and without Datsyuk that can't happen. I don't care if that is similar to other teams. Detroit wants to be the best, so they have to put themselves in a better position than other teams.

Posted Image

#819 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

Hall-of-Famer

• HoF Booster
  • 2,002 posts

If it wasn't obvious, Flyers offically out of Nash sweepstakes.

Evidently the Sharks are all but out too. C'bus was asking for Couture and the Sharks won't part with him.

#820 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Important reminders that have been tweeted by many...

Last year trades trickled in until 5:30. So just because nothing is announced by 3 PM doesn't mean nothing happened. Until Kenny says nothing happened or 5 o'clock rolls around i still think there could be a depth move.