• Please log in to reply
1018 replies to this topic

#941 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:22 PM

Forking the Red Wings-specific deadline day bitching session to this thread, please:

http://www.letsgowin...t-no-additions/

FIFY :D
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#942 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

I'll take a 23 year old Emmerton, with 6 goals in 52 games, anyday over Gaustad's 7 in 56.

i'm not saying the predators made a good move, but this is absolutely ridiculous.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#943 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Let all the complaining start from all the fair weather fans. LOL, everyones already predicting a second round exist. Nice. Way to have some faith.

I am not going to say not making a move will cost us the playoffs.

I do think the fact everyone else gets players and we sit doesn't look good.

Two reasons for this; the Wings had two really great drafts in a row, and that means if there was a time to trade a bunch of picks it would be now. Secondly, the Wings demoted Franzen today and we could have used a player to fix the second line. The Sharks have beat us twice by neutralizing the first line and letting second line get beat badly by their top-six depth.

Our third line now has to worry about playing better than our top two lines in order to drive us further. I don't like the feel of that.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#944 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,071 posts

Cue the Holland coup...

Starting with me...Kyle Quincey? That is your answer to a horrendous road record, inconsistent forwards, one of the worst power plays in the NHL, and again, s***ty inconstant "clutch" players... Read it here....HOLLAND WILL NOT SIGN ANYONE SIGNIFICANT ON JULY 1ST. I am so God damned sick of Holland doing nothing...he isn't the only one, but Vancouver got better, San Jose got better, Nashville got bigger. Detroit stays put...I am just so very upset....Everyf****** year Holland says he is gonna do something, he does nothing, he wastes a 1st on Quincey, I was ok with that when I actually believed Holland would do more to make this team better. Well, I was utterly disappointed again....oh BTW, Bertuzzi is gonna be there big signing...

I cannot wait to hear what he has to say....oh wait: "We kicked the tires, made some offers, we just didn't feel there was a deal out there that we felt comfortable making..." That sounds about right....f*** Holland...

Hit List:

Johan Franzen
Jiri HudlerKen Holland

really bud? REALLY...He has surpassed what ANYONE (besides Eva) thought he would put up. Hudler has been graet for this team for what we pay him.
Everyone is disappointed about not getting a big trade deadline but "f*** Holland". How can you possibly say that when ypou have NO IDEA what they were asking for in some of the guys we were asking for. I would have PUKED if we would have given up a 1st and a 4th for Gaustad...Thats a JOKE.
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#945 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Canucks have a deal pending approval

#946 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

My Loony Bun Is Fine, Benny Lava

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

Ken Holland strikes again!

How did this team get better over the last few weeks? Quincey is an upgrade, but does it really excite you that we are now looking at Brendan Smith as a possible playoff defenseman? Jesus, keep Commodore, at least he's got some experience.

But once again, super Kenny Holland sits on his laurels, hopes for a miracle, gets paid the same..........notice how his protege, Steve Yzerman, made moves to improve his club.

#947 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

LAST UPDATED (2-27-2012, 3:24 PM ET)

February 27, 2012 (12 Total Transactions)
New York Rangers Acquire: (D) John Scott
Chicago Acquires: 5th-Round Pick
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#948 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Leafs trade Dale Mitchell to Ducks for Mark Fraser

#949 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

Sigh, The sky isnt falling but Detroit definitely needs to address there need for a scorer hopefully we can this off season. There was no way we could compete with the price for Carter. We don't have a guy like Jack Johnson to trade unless you want to deal Filppula or Franzen and even then I dont think Filp is enough and dealing Franzen leaves us in the same spot we started in.

I guess we won't really see how much of a difference adding Quincey will make until we are Healthy and we can see how good our Team Defense can play.

Heres to hoping that the small moves that all the other West Coast teams made all end up really being just a slight improvement, and that there prospects pools are too slim to compete in the next 2-4 years.

#950 pondrocket

pondrocket

Rookie

• Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

Get ready for a round one exit. Again! Well, when I consider the officiating problems of the NHL, our typical early round ouster, The salary cap & Kenny's insistence on making the Donny Osmond of Hockey teams, I have seen my last game for the year. Maybe next year??? Have a great summer everybody. I may watch Nashville though. They are going to be fun!!!

#951 Uncle Danny

Uncle Danny

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 679 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:26 PM

Ken Holland strikes again!

How did this team get better over the last few weeks? Quincey is an upgrade, but does it really excite you that we are now looking at Brendan Smith as a possible playoff defenseman? Jesus, keep Commodore, at least he's got some experience.

But once again, super Kenny Holland sits on his laurels, hopes for a miracle, gets paid the same..........notice how his protege, Steve Yzerman, made moves to improve his club.

Ummm, that's because Yzerman's team isn't making the playoffs and needed to stock up for the future. If we were sitting in 11th place, I'd bet my left pinky you'd have seen Holland making similar moves. Apples and oranges.
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC
-- Kurt Vonnegut

#952 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:27 PM

i'm not saying the predators made a good move, but this is absolutely ridiculous.

Would you trade Emmerton for Gaustad straight up? I wouldn't!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#953 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 358 posts

Sigh, The sky isnt falling but Detroit definitely needs to address there need for a scorer hopefully we can this off season. There was no way we could compete with the price for Carter. We don't have a guy like Jack Johnson to trade unless you want to deal Filppula or Franzen and even then I dont think Filp is enough and dealing Franzen leaves us in the same spot we started in.

I guess we won't really see how much of a difference adding Quincey will make until we are Healthy and we can see how good our Team Defense can play.

Heres to hoping that the small moves that all the other West Coast teams made all end up really being just a slight improvement, and that there prospects pools are too slim to compete in the next 2-4 years.

I would love for this team to flip Franzen for someone who shows up every night. I like Mule when he is playing hard but when he just floats around and acts as if he is 5 feet tall 123 lbs it gets frustrating.

#954 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

If Holland got Quincey today would you detractors still be saying the same thing?

The Wings added a top 4 defenseman for nothing. That's pretty good in my book.

The Wings added a Number 5 defenseman for a first rounder, while trading the Number 7 defenseman for nothing. Wings before the deadline festivities: lacked Top 6 scorer and a fourth line worth more than 4 minutes a night with no PK ability. Wings after the deadline... well you get the picture.

I would be less irritated if the rest of the conference didn't address their concerns and get better. Vancouver adds Pahlsson, Sharks get bigger and better, Nashville adds a bit of scoring, grit and PK, even Chicago adds Oduya. Not unsurprising, just terribly disappointing. The last deal worth a damn? 2008 when the Wings got Stuart. We all know what happened that year and what has happened since.

#955 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

I do wonder if the high price Nashville paid for Gaustad was in order to drive Kenny away.

#956 sureWhyNot

sureWhyNot

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

I won't ***** exactly, but I gotta admit that I'm disappointed.

Probably Lidstrom's last season, the team is good, we have a ton of cap space. I was hoping he'd make a serious move to go for it this season.

Agreed 100%.

I see a lot of over reactions on both fronts -- both those made Holland did nothing, and those defending blindly defending him.

It's far from the end of the world, but in all reality this is just more of the same we have seen from Holland over the past 3 years - that is, no action what so ever. I mean he didn't make bad moves, in the same respect though he hasn't made any real good moves either.

You have to seize the opportunity and this team has an opportunity to win the cup this year. The fact nothing was done to capitalize on that. And to me at least that's unfortunate.

I do not think Holland should be fired, I am not calling anyone names, or making proclamations stating we will lose in the second round. I simply think we missed an opportunity to make a really good team even better. The same feeling I had the last 3 summers, and last two trade deadlines.

Like I said though, its far from the end of the world. We still have an excellent team.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings."

- Steve Yzerman

#957 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

Get ready for a round one exit. Again! Well, when I consider the officiating problems of the NHL, our typical early round ouster, The salary cap & Kenny's insistence on making the Donny Osmond of Hockey teams, I have seen my last game for the year. Maybe next year??? Have a great summer everybody. I may watch Nashville though. They are going to be fun!!!

Posted Image

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#958 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Wings say that they stood pat because price for depth forward was too high per Ansar Kahn.

It isn't like Kenny sat there claiming he didn't need anything. He actively shopped and decided that the price for a depth forward wasn't worth it.

Keep in mind Jurco, Tatar, Nyquist, Jarnkrok, Tatar all came in the 2nd round of the draft. So that pick is one Detroit has had much success with in terms of bringing in prospects that we all expect to make an impact on this team.

So not wanting to trade mulitple seconds or a second consecutive year of a 1st for a depth forward is nothing I fault KH on.

I'm out of "pluses", so...

+

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#959 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Canucks get Staios for 6th rounder I'm told.

#960 Grim

Grim

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

I would have PUKED if we would have given up a 1st and a 4th for Gaustad...Thats a JOKE.

Gaustad and a 4th were had for the Preds 1st rounder.
we got Kyle Quincey for our 1st and Piche.