• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

2012 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - February 27th, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Not really.

The only move they made that I liked was Kassian. And that's a long-term move. He's not going to make or break their team this season. Their roster for the playoffs was already set.

I agree not any big changes for them as it relates to this year. In fact, contrary to a lot of opinion here, even though I wish we could have gotten the goal scorer or gritty bottom 6 guy, I still think the Wings did about as well as any contender in the West with their pickup of Quincey.

I'm not sure what you expected Kenny to do today. When Paul freakin' Gaustad goes for a 1st round pick you know the prices are extremely high.

Guys like Franzen, Filppula and Hudler provide way more value to the team than they have trade value so I doubt any of them will be traded anytime soon. We also have a bunch of good prospects coming up that may shore up some of the weaknesses without mortgaging the team's future.

This may not be the year for the Wings to go all the way, but regardless they will still contend for the Cup.

The reason the Wings have been able to stay so good for so long is because they make smart deals and they generally don't overpay for players.

Half the league contends for a cup every year. Its not like its hard to make the playoffs for any competent team.

So Vancouver got Kassian so they could matchup better with Boston.

:lol:

Apparently, the SCF is already set.

I would of loved to of gotten Matt Martin so we could of better matched up against, well ... the rest of the NHL. Abdelkader, please never drop the gloves again; someone is going to hurt their fists on your head.

Half the league contends for a cup every year. Its not like its hard to make the playoffs for any competent team.

Maybe not in any given year (although a lot of teams would disagree even with that) but how about over a 5, 10, or even 20 year span. . . . ? Yeah that is what I thought and that is why the Wings are perpetually great, because they have a more vision than just instant gratification.

Get ready for a round one exit. Again! Well, when I consider the officiating problems of the NHL, our typical early round ouster, The salary cap & Kenny's insistence on making the Donny Osmond of Hockey teams, I have seen my last game for the year. Maybe next year??? Have a great summer everybody. I may watch Nashville though. They are going to be fun!!!

Didn't Whitney Houston's death teach us anything? Crack is whack, yo.

Get ready for a round one exit. Again! Well, when I consider the officiating problems of the NHL, our typical early round ouster, The salary cap & Kenny's insistence on making the Donny Osmond of Hockey teams, I have seen my last game for the year. Maybe next year??? Have a great summer everybody. I may watch Nashville though. They are going to be fun!!!

With that attitude have fun cheering for Nashville. Dont let the door hit your ass on the way out. When was the last time the Wings were out in the first round? How many times has Nashville made it past the first round?

I cant really find anything rational about Hodgson for Kassian either but then, Gillis has a pretty good rep so far on trades. I seriously expect Hodgson to be an elite player one day, but Kassian?

I don't get this one either, trading away a guy who is scoring mostly playing on the 3rd line seems strange. I know what the Nucks are trying to do here but do they not have enough grit already with Bitz, Weise, Lapierre, Kesler and even Burrows? When you trade away a guy like Hodgson who is potentially a 30 goal scorer in this league for a plugger who has played 27 games in the NHL you better know what you're doing if you're Gillis.

You are right. I will lower my expectations from now on and be happy when they make the playoffs. Since I am 'not a fan' if I watch 82 games a year and then watch them get beat by their obvious weaknesses that they have had for years in the playoffs.

Who asked you to lower your expectations? It might be a good start to set out some realistic expectations though. I know this team has a shot to win every year, some years more then others but even my undersized brain knows it's not going to happen every year. For the first time in 20 years this team has to look ahead at the big picture with impending retirements and free agents leaving. Most teams arent good enough to plan for the future as well as make a run at the cup, its usually either one or the other. If I was a new fan to hockey and logged on this site today you would think we were in 11th in the conference and trying to make a run at the playoffs.

No, he won't, but they definitely lacked a physical presence. Pahlsson will win draws, but I'm happy we didn't get him. I still hate Vancouver, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous they got Kassian.

Tony Gallagher and Vancouver's Team 1040 are unimpressed with the Pahlsson trade. With Cody Hodgson Vancouver had three centers that were good scorers. They already had Malhotra and their first impression of Pahlsson is that he is certainly a shut down guy; he shuts down any offensive potential his line ever had!

They are worried that there will no scoring what so ever from the 3rd and 4th line.

They are really worried about St Louis, but are hoping their goal tending will wither in the playoffs. Said they played the Bruins *** for tat in a slugfest.

I cant really find anything rational about Hodgson for Kassian either but then, Gillis has a pretty good rep so far on trades. I seriously expect Hodgson to be an elite player one day, but Kassian?

I agree but I'm thinkin there had to be something more to this. It does seem that Hodgson has had a little bit of a rocky relationship with the organisation. He kept hurting his back and it seemed they got impatient with him. But this year he is surely a Calder finalist and has a very bright future, so I agree with you.

I think they shuoldhave taken the time to teach him to back check and play D instead of trading him for.