Photo
- - - - -

2012 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - February 27th, 3:00 PM ET

• Please log in to reply
1018 replies to this topic

#981 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

In not looking at this through Wings-colored glasses, there's a fair amount of historical backing for my point.

Vancouver has a glass jaw, until they don't.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#982 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

Quincy is just a make up for resigning Erikson at the number he did. If it weren't for Hanken & the scouting department (that was in place before Holland) we would be like Calgary at best. Maybe

Your ability to so exactly spell the names of Red Wings personnel inspires in me confidence that you pay a level attention to the organization high enough to soundly make this judgment.

Edited by Crymson, 27 February 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#983 Valas19

Valas19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

The thing I am most disappointed with today is the number of times seeing the fat cartoon inviting me to click to see the tip to a flat belly after refreshing my screen repeatedly.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#984 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

Kassian was available? Vancouver wants to win. They have made it very clear now.

#985 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

Last trade. Canucks acquire Andrew Gordon from Ducks for Sebastian Erixon.

#986 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

Happiest man in Buffalo today: Rick Jeanneret. He always pronounced the name as "Kashan" in the play-by-play and only said it correctly during stoppages.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#987 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

2 options :

1. Continue to ***** about what we did or didnt do and cry like babies or..

2. Buckle up, be a good fan and support the squad we have and watch this team make another run at it !

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#988 cwilson

cwilson

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

I hate biting on this, but GTFO. Either your parents need to take your computer away, beat you, or both.

GO ROOT FOR ANOTHER TEAM IF THIS IS SO BAD.

That goes for you, too, Korrowan and Leonard. No wonder everyone thinks Wings fans are *******.

Hey Dats. Some people feel the need to express themselves. Nothing wrong with that IMO. This is a forum, or a message board. Whatever you would like to call it. If you dont like what others have say, dont read it. And if you do read it, and you dont like whats said, go to the next thread. You dont make the rules around here. Its you that try and tell others how to conduct their buisness, that really gets under peoples skin. So plz, if you feel the need to tell someone to go express themselves else where because you dont like it, maybe it should be you that takes your own advice.

#989 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

2 options :

1. Continue to ***** about what we did or didnt do and cry like babies or..

2. Buckle up, be a good fan and support the squad we have and watch this team make another run at it !

Exactly. Everyone quit your bitching.. We have a great chance at the cup for sure. And Quincey was a lot better of a pick up than people are giving holland credit for.. He'll fit in perfectly here.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#990 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

I hate biting on this, but GTFO. Either your parents need to take your computer away, beat you, or both.

GO ROOT FOR ANOTHER TEAM IF THIS IS SO BAD.

That goes for you, too, Korrowan and Leonard. No wonder everyone thinks Wings fans are *******.

Um didn't we go over this already. You don't like me so put me on ignore and get the hell over it. I am sorry that I don't like 2nd round exits as you apparently do. I am sorry I am not from Utah and have 8 wives and think standing pat is okay.

Edited by korrowan, 27 February 2012 - 04:16 PM.

#991 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

LAST UPDATED (2-27-2012, 4:13 PM ET)

February 27, 2012 (14 Total Transactions)
Vancouver Acquires: (F) Andrew Gordon
Anaheim Acquires: (D) Sebastian Erixon
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#992 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

Um didn't we go over this already. You don't like me so put me on ignore and get the hell over it. I am sorry that I don't like 2nd round exits as you apparently do. I am sorry I am not from Utah and have 8 wives and think standing pat is okay.

Fair enough if you've been a fan for 4 years but if you've been a fan for 15-20 years you will know that there are years you win when you are supposed to and there are years when you win when the optimism isn't quite so great. Is this the greatest squad we have taken into the playoffs in the last 15 years? No, its not but it sure as s*** isn't the worst.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#993 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

Worst trade deadline ever.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#994 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

Fair enough if you've been a fan for 4 years but if you've been a fan for 15-20 years you will know that there are years you win when you are supposed to and there are years when you win when the optimism isn't quite so great. Is this the greatest squad we have taken into the playoffs in the last 15 years? No, its not but it sure as s*** isn't the worst.

You are right. I will lower my expectations from now on and be happy when they make the playoffs. Since I am 'not a fan' if I watch 82 games a year and then watch them get beat by their obvious weaknesses that they have had for years in the playoffs.

#995 Bar Down

Bar Down

Rookie

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

You are right. I will lower my expectations from now on and be happy when they make the playoffs. Since I am 'not a fan' if I watch 82 games a year and then watch them get beat by their obvious weaknesses that they have had for years in the playoffs.

I'm not sure what you expected Kenny to do today. When Paul freakin' Gaustad goes for a 1st round pick you know the prices are extremely high.

Guys like Franzen, Filppula and Hudler provide way more value to the team than they have trade value so I doubt any of them will be traded anytime soon. We also have a bunch of good prospects coming up that may shore up some of the weaknesses without mortgaging the team's future.

This may not be the year for the Wings to go all the way, but regardless they will still contend for the Cup.

The reason the Wings have been able to stay so good for so long is because they make smart deals and they generally don't overpay for players.

#996 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,850 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

So Vancouver got Kassian so they could matchup better with Boston.

:lol:

Apparently, the SCF is already set.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#997 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:53 PM

A few thoughts:

1. I understand Ken's position in simply wanting the best for Commodore, which is very classy, but with Ericsson out and now possibly Lidstrom/Quincey hurt (Doesn't sound too serious, though), we are now relying on Smith to come in and adjust quickly to the NHL game, in the midst of our chase for not only the Divison, but the Conference title.
2. I called it from a mile away: This team needed to add a top 6 winger and a physical grinder for the bottom 6. San Jose and Vancouver, our fiercest rivals, lacked in the grit department, as do we, which I pointed out. Vancouver goes out today and makes a statement. Zack Kassian and Samuel Pahlsson were added to provide physical presence, improve the PK, and faceoff prowess. In addition, they picked up a decent looking prospect in Gragnani. San Jose addressed their lack in the physicality department by acquiring Dan Winnik. You'd think Detroit would follow suit? 3 of the top contenders in the west lacked grit, as I pointed out well before the deadline that both San Jose and Vancouver would address it. Sometimes, the inability of Ken to make a move drives me nuts. I think Nashville was stupid to give up a 1st and 4th for Paul fricken Gaustad. I'm happy he didn't pull the trigger there. However, Gaustad wasn't the only gritty guy out there. I'm beyond disappointed, but not necessarily surprised.
3. I find it interesting Boston is taking a real gamble on Brian Rolston. Hopefully, for his sake, he can discover his game again. Zanon and Mottau could be underrated acquisitions by Boston.
4. The New York Rangers are officially the toughest team in the league. John Scott was picked up for a bag of pucks, basically. I wonder where he fits into their lineup. I know he can play forward and defense. Glen Sather proves once again he loves goons.
5. Nashville is really going for it. Re-uniting the Kostitsyn brothers and overpaying for Gaustad. They made some solid subtle moves before the deadline. Brandon Yip has looked decent and fit well into their bottom 6.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 27 February 2012 - 05:10 PM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#998 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

Per Helene St. James ‏ (@freepwings) quoting Babcock on the Trade Deadline and the too high prices:

Babcock on deadline: "It's like going shopping - when the coat you want is 3,000 bucks, I'm too tight for that. That's just the way I am. Pretty tight. So, I'll keep wearing what I got."

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#999 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

So Vancouver got Kassian so they could matchup better with Boston.

:lol:

Apparently, the SCF is already set.

Vancouver really made a statement today. They're an awful well-rounded team now.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#1000 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,850 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

Vancouver really made a statement today. They're an awful well-rounded team now.

Not really.

The only move they made that I liked was Kassian. And that's a long-term move. He's not going to make or break their team this season. Their roster for the playoffs was already set.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.