• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:02 AM

Cool goal by a kid from my neck of the woods. Looks promising, and seems like a nice kid to boot.

#2 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

Make it happen Kenny.

#3 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

Makes you wonder why we don't see more people try that move or something similar from time to time.

I like how this kid thinks...his regular breakaway shots kept getting stuffed as he said, so he simply thought about it and came up with this great solution.

#4 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

It's nice, and I like lacrosse style goals, but there is a reason you don't see much of that in the NHL.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#5 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:06 AM

It's nice, and I like lacrosse style goals, but there is a reason you don't see much of that in the NHL.

You can't score lacrosse goals in the NHL, they are illegal. Even if they weren't... you couldn't because you would get lit up if you tried. I mean destroyed.

Having watched this, I wouldn't consider this a lacrosse style goal. Good goal. Pavel will do it soon.

Okay, after seeing this goal with decent quality, he did lift that up and throw it like a lacrosse goal. It would not have counted in the NHL or NCAA and practically every league in-between.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#6 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

You can't score lacrosse goals in the NHL, they are illegal. Even if they weren't... you couldn't because you would get lit up if you tried. I mean destroyed.

Having watched this, I wouldn't consider this a lacrosse style goal. Good goal. Pavel will do it soon.

Okay, after seeing this goal with decent quality, he did lift that up and throw it like a lacrosse goal. It would not have counted in the NHL or NCAA and practically every league in-between.

Huh ? I was under the impression that as long as your stick isn't above the bar you can do that.

The lacrosse-like move whereby the puck is picked up on the blade of the stick and “whipped” into the net shall be permitted provided the puck is not raised above the height of the shoulders at any time and when released, is not carried higher than the crossbar. See also 80.1.

Edited by wingfan13, 19 February 2012 - 11:17 AM.

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"  Dean Wormer, Animal House

#7 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

Seems like a good kid, but I tire of every kid with a goofy trick shot being dubbed the next hockey phenom. Enough already!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#8 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,718 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:27 AM

Makes you wonder why we don't see more people try that move or something similar from time to time.

I like how this kid thinks...his regular breakaway shots kept getting stuffed as he said, so he simply thought about it and came up with this great solution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWBYcugv11s

Not that I am a UofM fan, but this was pretty awesome when it happened...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#9 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:55 AM

Lacrosse style goals are permitted so long as the player does not lift the stick above the cross bar, doing so would render the play dead as they would then be playing the puck with a high-stick.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#10 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:09 AM

She scored a nice goal.

#11 Datsyuk4Life

Datsyuk4Life

Prospect

• 32 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:34 AM

Sex wax advertisement

Edited by Datsyuk4Life, 20 February 2012 - 01:34 AM.

#12 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:36 AM

She scored a nice goal.

Because Chris Simon was such a girl... right...
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#13 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:14 AM

She scored a nice goal.

Actually, she's a he, and he is rather cute. (Woman's opinion here- too old to actually care, just saying.)